Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never realized rear vents were supposed to be such a fashion statement...
I can't recall anything that's been shown that didn't immediately light up the forum with complaints. It seems as though everyone really wants an Explorer.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm I would like to know how this will work when "washing out" the floors? Once water gets into the vents because let's say ..... I would want to "clean" the back out with the rubber floors WITH a hose - I will now have an entirely different set of issues as other ventilation concerns have happened on other vehicles. (water, vapors etc)
One dealer claims Ford is offering plugs for the vents.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People shopping for an off roader complaining about back seat AC vents... My lawd...
Considering 95% of people that buy an off roader never take it off road suggests the manufacturers should know better. It's not like Ford has been developing the Bronco for 6 months, it's been years and many things have been overlooked.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did we ever figure out WHY there are no vents in the center console facing towards the back seats? Is it some sort of design or engineering issue? Is it Ford just being lazy?
They attributed it to not enough room in the console as the window & mirror switches, as well as other electrical items already take up a bunch of realestate. Still think the Ford engineers could have done better than what they gave us. A weather tech floor mat will easily block those vents.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because warm air rises...Ford has been using the floor venting for a very long time and works great in my books...non issue here, they could remove all the venting and it wouldn't bother me at all!
and cold air does what? I want an actual engineering, design or cost reason for their location being the floor, where they are susceptible to the elements vs the console

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They attributed it to not enough room in the console as the window & mirror switches, as well as other electrical items already take up a bunch of realestate. Still think the Ford engineers could have done better than what they gave us. A weather tech floor mat will easily block those vents.
Honestly, those controls should have been in the front below the screen, thus creating enough room for rear console vents.

Ok, Ford, I'll bill you my consulting fees for fixing the problem...

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford's answer will be: A: take the doors and roof off to keep everyone cool
B: if water or debris get in there just shut the front vents and turn it up to 11.
I mean what if the heat is too much to have the top off at the time? I feel it's a poor design choice in a vehicle built for 2021, I'll be off-roading but this will be my DD too. And I don't want to be comfy with my A/C while my dog is panting his butt off because the cold air escapes with the top off or isn't effective with it on.
(I'm still getting the Bronco, but I'm not happy with the decision. You get what you get, c'est la vie)

GrimTripper

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean what if the heat is too much to have the top off at the time? I feel it's a poor design choice in a vehicle built for 2021, I'll be off-roading but this will be my DD too. And I don't want to be comfy with my A/C while my dog is panting his butt off because the cold air escapes with the top off or isn't effective with it on.
(I'm still getting the Bronco, but I'm not happy with the decision. You get what you get, c'est la vie)
It was a joke... I think they forgot to put the vents in the back and that was the quickest spot they could put them in last minute

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a joke... I think they forgot to put the vents in the back and that was the quickest spot they could put them in last minute
Gotcha, sorry I missed the sarcasm.
Seems like a big oversight

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exact reason I bought the noggle for the dogs...the GC rear a/c vents suck, so I plug it up into the passenger front vent instead.
yep. Working for rubber hose supplier, I made my own routed to the rear facing child seat for my son. Was a matter of time before the Jeep had to go!
Sponsored