First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really? It cracks me up. It’s so absurdly retarded looking and seeing people freak out about how “ThAtS nOt A bRoNcO, fOrD iS rUiNiNg It” is too funny to me.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't remember seeing Lovell in the first one(have to go back and find it). I noticed he said something about a lot of people out there don't realize what is coming, and that he can see the Bronco being used in KOH so this is a very good sign because Brad is a "solid" performer in KOH :wink:
There were some fairly serious qualifiers on that statement. I can imagine there were Ford handlers coaching him to say certain things and this is as close as they got ...

"These guys, yknow the hardcore competition guys. This is gonna be the vehicle they get to take their families out to the mountains and the desert, uh, on the weekends"

... Y'know, like a sedan or a minivan.

"And I also see people modifying these things and going out and racing King of the Hammers, racing down in Baja, because its a solid platform."

You can modify anything to take into KOH. And it seems pretty clear he's talking about the capability of the chassis, not the vehicle as is. Because its a modular BOF component of a pickup with fairly high payload and towing ratings.

The first video gave a pretty lame impression, and the content hasn't changed. Just the intensity of peoples desire for it to be acceptable ... if you've whipped up emotion after seeing a prototype or rendering and you want to like it, cognitive dissonance will let you hear what you want to in this version of the video to make some lame minivan like off road performance seem good enough to support your existing desire.

I make a living telling people what the cold hard facts are, and see this kind of thing all the time. They want some process or idea or piece of equipment to be an improvement or solution for their current business operation, but when you simply measure it and compare A vs B, and tell them "No this is $X for 0.00Z% change" it takes time for reality to settle in and emotional entanglement to dissipate for some idea they were sure would be the solution.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were some fairly serious qualifiers on that statement. I can imagine there were Ford handlers coaching him to say certain things and this is as close as they got ...

"These guys, yknow the hardcore competition guys. This is gonna be the vehicle they get to take their families out to the mountains and the desert, uh, on the weekends"

"And I also see people modifying these things and going out and racing King of the Hammers, racing down in Baja, because its a solid platform."

You can modify anything to take into KOH. And it seems pretty clear he's talking about the capability of the chassis, not the vehicle as is. Because its a modular BOF component of a pickup with fairly high payload and towing ratings.

The first video gave a pretty lame impression, and the content hasn't changed. Just the intensity of peoples desire for it to be acceptable ... if you've whipped up emotion after seeing a prototype or rendering and you want to like it, cognitive dissonance will let you hear what you want to in this version of the video to make some lame minivan like off road performance seem good enough to support your existing desire.

I make a living telling people what the cold hard facts are, and see this kind of thing all the time. They want some process or idea or piece of equipment to be an improvement or solution for their current business operation, but when you simply measure it and compare A vs B, and tell them "No this is $X for 0.00Z% change" it takes time for reality to settle in and emotional entanglement to dissipate for some idea they were sure would be the solution.
You work in engineering then? lol I used to love looking at what higher ups wanted to do, and say "that wont work" or "thats a waste of money, just do ........"

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Personally, I hope Ford has made a vehicle that is good at slower speed (4 low) trail driving. (I avoid use of the term "rock crawling", because that seems to confuse people.)

Crawling up rocky trails in the Rocky Mountains, up and down slickrock in places such as Moab, on some muddier technical trails with obstacles in the midwest. Regular stuff people who explore off-road in Jeeps do all the time. I'm not driving 40mph+ on those trails.

I assume the new Bronco will have a tcase with 4 low. If the new Bronco also does well at higher speed driving great, but hopefully Ford designed the Bronco to do well off-road in 4 low.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

C6BF794A-DE85-456C-9AD9-DEE44FFF6C60.jpeg

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I think you are selling him a little short, I didnt get the 100% corporate sell out vibe from him. I also dont interperete what he said as "the stock Bronco will destroy at KOH", similarly one would be a fool to think a stock JL would either. Like you said, anything can be modified for KOH, and such modification is necessary not optional. Is this marketing? obviously! Is this indicative that a stock Bronco will wipe the floor with the competition at KOH, hell no. Is it indicative that the Bronco is equally capable as a minivan? Or maybe even a subie? I mean come on...

It is what it is. Granted this is still the old mule, and not a particularly new or thrilling video it shows that they were actually testing this, and improving it. Look at the ads Jeep runs, everyone knows a Wrangler is capable of far more than anything you will ever see in a corporate commercial. Same goes here, I guarantee you they had that in the air, and smashed into boulders. The people who are excited here are reading between the lines, if you give Wrangler such credence, why not Bronco?

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I hope Ford has made a vehicle that is good at slower speed (4 low) trail driving. (I avoid use of the term "rock crawling", because that seems to confuse people.)

Crawling up rocky trails in the Rocky Mountains, up and down slickrock in places such as Moab, on some muddier technical trails with obstacles in the midwest. Regular stuff people who explore off-road in Jeeps do all the time. I'm not driving 40mph+ on those trails.

I assume the new Bronco will have a tcase with 4 low. If the new Bronco also does well at higher speed driving great, but hopefully Ford designed the Bronco to do well off-road in 4 low.
Why would you suspect anything different with regard to 4lo? Gotta figure they are using something like the trusty Borg Warner T-case from the f-150...
Sponsored