Sponsored

FIRST HAND IMPRESSIONS: BRONCO CEL EAST.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the write up and "layman's" wording/input.

Note to other attendees - If there is any fabric seat model there, would you please provide similar pictures? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice write up. I agree on 2 door backseat access. My 2007 Scion Tc had about the same access. These are medium size vehicles but the 33 & 35 made them seem much larger. I did not see A51 during the covered unveiling, but in the midday sun, it was a standout- true to the EB’s of old. LB is rich looking- well fitted for FE. While CO is not my color, it looks better in person. AM is super dark even in direct sun. In fairness it’s only a small can. The panel stamping can only be appreciated in person. They look crisp and refined. Mixed with the right stripping and they will be more enhanced. Make no mistake, drop the roof rack change to small tires and I think the look may seem plain. I think this is were some well placed stripped will make your Bronco pop. Overall, Dam this is a cool capable truck.
AGREE!

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So before I went I compared the backseat dimensions to 2 door cars I own. It helped me understand the size. It looked like my Scion Tc with more head room. A Video of passenger side access would help.
Yes, I agree. If I had to consider back seat passengers, I would surely do what you are doing. This was just an observation, hopefully someone will video it.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep seeing how good A51 is in person vs online but I can't see it :(

Any other colors that looked better/worse in person?

I took this video and it’s the closest to the dynamic in person color I’ve seen. Watch it change as it comes out of the shadows.

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just to verify, in the video just posted of the Area 51 -- those are 35s but it is NOT sasquatch-ed, correct?

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess it depends on the person. The Ford rep demonstrated the driver’s side and I think a 10 year old would be challenged to get in. The passenger side may be another matter. I have had vehicles where everyone had to get into back on the passenger side. The back seat leg room reminded me of the Mustang. I didn’t investigate too much because mine will be used strictly as a two seater.
I'm not sure people are appreciating how small the 2 door is. It's 174.8" long WITH the tire mounted. For reference, that .2" shorter than a 2008 Honda Civic coupe. The 2018 Focus sedan is nearly 4" longer (178.5") than the Bronco 2 door.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I was there today to specifically see the 4 door. I’m a FE reservation holder and a close follower of this forum. I have to say I was even more impressed than I had hoped! These trucks are going to truly blow everyone away. Yes, you can find things with all these pre-production examples to complain about but even at that, they kick ass! I even though the Bronco sport looked fantastic. The wife absolutely loved it and we are toying with getting that one for her. The yellow (cyber orange) looked really good on the Sport.

Bottom line for me...the Bronco is going to be incredible and we would all be well served by chilling a little on some of the unknown details at this point. Can’t wait to get mine in 2021!

Oh, and Area 51 is the bomb! Loved it in person. Definitely top of my list now.

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It seems people are saying the Antimatter Blue is darker than it looks online. Nearly black with streaks of blue in the right light. The computer colored images seem to make it look lighter than it really is. I'm torn between Velocity Blue, Area 51, and Cyber Orange. I though I wanted Orange, then went to Blue, but now the more I see A51 I'm thinking it's the best. I may just have to flip a coin. A three-sided coin.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good write up, I’m getting a 2door as well but I’m not sure the statement “the rear seats are impractical” is 100% true
Im a 2 door lover and he's not wrong. The rear seat in my Veloster N looks more useful than the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I was surprised at how much CO looked yellow.
I surprisingly really liked the silver (very bright).
CG was much darker than I expected..

BETTER IN PERSON- A51, Silver, LB
WORSE IN PERSON-CO, AMB, CG
AS EXPECTED-all the rest

please know, this just my opinion, other people can and do feel differently. That’s what makes the world go around ?

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It seems people are saying the Antimatter Blue is darker than it looks online. Nearly black with streaks of blue in the right light. The computer colored images seem to make it look lighter than it really is. I'm torn between Velocity Blue, Area 51, and Cyber Orange. I though I wanted Orange, then went to Blue, but now the more I see A51 I'm thinking it's the best. I may just have to flip a coin. A three-sided coin.
Antimatter looked really cool in direct sunlight. Kind of sparkled and was very clearly something more interesting than black. In the shade though, it did look almost black.

messymatter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was one of the first people on the 2021 Bronco field, Wednesday. I was there before the ropes were put around the vehicles. I was thrilled to see the 2 door Badlands (my reservation) in the flesh. I was also disappointed to not see a new Bronco added to the mix, however, I would soon learn that a previously unseen Bronco would be unvieled later that morning.

Before I share my impressions, let me say I am not a photographer, mechanic, engineer, or nearly as savvy as most of the people reading this post. I just simply want to add to the knowledge and information every Bronco lover craves as best I can. Please take this report for what it is, just my thoughts and opinion. Here we go..........
There is no substitute for seeing the Bronco in person. My 10 hour drive was worth it. I could see how I could fit inside and see materials (plastic, leather, etc...).

The Ford representatives were very friendly and helpful. They allowed you to do everything but sit in the driver’s seat.

The backseat in the 2 door is impractical and useless, so if you need all four seats, well you know the rest of the story.

If you like the Bronco in pics, you will love it in person.

The 33’s look good on the 2 door, but I’m still going Squatch. I saw the 35’s on the 4 door later in the day and it looked awesome!

The painted black top on the 2 door looks even better than you think. The MIC on the 4 door A51, looks better than you think it does.
You can certainly find faults if you want find them (some of the interior plastic looks cheap), but Bronco isn’t trying to be a luxury vehicle, it is first and foremost, an off-road vehicle.

There are many items and corrections that will be addressed in future model years, you can tell from talking to the engineers.

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation at these events, even among the Ford representatives. One Ford rep will say one thing and another will say just the opposite. I think they are being honest, but they just don’t know, or are guessing.

Seeing the paint gas cans in person is very helpful. Cactus Gray does, at times have a green hue when other colors are around it. Otherwise it looks like concrete gray. Velocity Blue is noticeably brighter than Lightning Blue. LB is stunning in person, but only available to FE people ? AMB is REALLY dark and even in sunlight only shows light blue flecks. A51 looks so much better on the Bronco than the gas can. I heard a number of people commit to A51 once we saw how awesome it looked on the 4 door.

I am getting the 2 door, but after seeing the 4 door and if I had young kids, I could live with the 4 door. It really looks incredible, especially with the squatch package.
The 4 door was a BL, with the Marine vinyl seats. They look like leather and feet tremendous. I was allowed to touch the seats and inspect them. I was going to upgrade to leather, but after seeing the Marine grade vinyl in the flesh, I going with vinyl.

The 4 door has spacious room. It will be ideal for camping. A modular system allows for a miniature stove and fridge in the back. These are squatch tires (on 4 door) with non-factory wheels.
00E0476A-9C17-471B-809E-F647F62E9574.jpeg
F3FDAA7F-179B-4DF7-99C8-E3A7BEF0BB5B.jpeg
Above-Marine grade vinyl on 4 door.
2AC8C038-D544-419C-A258-5D0012E1D903.jpeg
Above-Easter Egg: Bronco symbol on side of winch (2 door). 4 door did not have it on its winch.
4A0B4915-4306-49A8-895C-D7C557105857.jpeg
Lastly, above-This is the view from an excellent steakhouse in nearby Gatlinburg called, Peddler’s Steakhouse. It is really good and you need to make reservations. The little lady will feel special and by doing so, you might be able to get a few upgrades to your new Bronco. I also hedged my bet by taking her to Zales before supper ?. I had really great time, although I was only there on opening day. Hope I have shed a little sunshine for someone!
I agree 100% I stopped by the celebration today trying to narrow down my choice of paint! Area 51 looks great in person!

CT-Man

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks. While in this thread, last I checked there were not any photos of the carbonized gray in person. Have those ever come out? Has anyone seen a carbonized gray outside of the image renders on the Ford website?

I'm hoping that the Carbonized Gray is similar to the Jeep Wrangler's Metallic color. That dark metal like gray that looks great with black (ie the wheels, hard top, etc).

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to verify, in the video just posted of the Area 51 -- those are 35s but it is NOT sasquatch-ed, correct?
It has Sasquatch fender flares for sure. The suspension is an ongoing argument.
Sponsored