Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... if you give Wrangler such credence, why not Bronco?
Not sure where you got the idea that I was only calling Ford on its BS and not other manufacturers. If I thought a Wrangler was "all that" I wouldn't have even been here in the first place.

Automotive Sadism - Gladiators Run The Rubicon

Jeep and the Wrangler need competition. Real competition that will motivate excellence in capability for all competitors, in the kind of way that pickup competition pushes payload and towing limits. Not just the lifestyle driver, or posers crowd that makes up the majority of their sales volume (much like the single occupant daily driver with zero payload or towing makes up the sales volume for pickups), but the users and use case scenarios that build the image of what that kind of highly off road capable mid size SUV is about and drive those sales.

This ad seems like a glancing blow at best, not a strike at the heart.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you got the idea that I was only calling Ford on its BS and not other manufacturers. If I thought a Wrangler was "all that" I wouldn't have even been here in the first place.

Automotive Sadism - Gladiators Run The Rubicon

Jeep and the Wrangler need competition. Real competition that will motivate excellence in capability for all competitors, in the kind of way that pickup competition pushes payload and towing limits. Not just the lifestyle driver, or posers crowd that makes up the majority of their sales volume (much like the single occupant daily driver with zero payload or towing makes up the sales volume for pickups), but the users and use case scenarios that build the image of what that kind of highly off road capable mid size SUV is about and drive those sales.

This ad seems like a glancing blow at best, not a strike at the heart.
I'm not saying you are wholly biased against Bronco, I know you aren't. My point is whenever people get excited around here it seems you are ready to shoot it down due to lack of hard evidence. I am proposing reading between the lines, a healthy dose of optimism. I am not going to go looking for quotes but it doesn't seem to be a secret that you think the JL a far more worthy offroader than the Bronco, a claim I contest in almost every facet. I would love to be proven wrong and shown that you do indeed have both high hopes and expectations of the Bronco relative to the JL.

Regarding that specific video, to me that seems pretty hardcore from a corporate released standpoint, considering how absurdly conservative those things are required to be.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, I see it a lot on Reddit and other less-informed forums. There's always a handful of retards shouting, "Hurr durr, I would never buy that piece of crap! It's just a chopped up Ranger and it's so ugly!" But, yeah, I don't think anyone here thinks the production version will look like the mule.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We were literally throwing chairs at a newbie just last night who came on here whining about what the test mule looks like as if it were going to be the real thing.

Also look at the comments on every single platform that has covered the test mule and 25 - 50 % of commenters thing that it's supposed to be the final product.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not saying you are wholly biased against Bronco, I know you aren't. My point is whenever people get excited around here it seems you are ready to shoot it down due to lack of hard evidence....
I got to be the hero for a long time, when info was genuinely sparse and speculation was rampant. Keeping the facts straight and answering the same handful of questions over and over hundreds of times was a chore but I wanted to see the community thrive. There were a few other Bronco forums that pupped up around the same time this one did ... where did they go?

If I have to become the villain in order to get real answers from Ford, so be it. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, I see it a lot on Reddit and other less-informed forums. There's always a handful of retards shouting, "Hurr durr, I would never buy that piece of crap! It's just a chopped up Ranger and it's so ugly!" But, yeah, I don't think anyone here thinks the production version will look like the mule.
I had to correct someone last week who thought the 2Dr was the baby bronco and only the 4dr was the broncobronco, on reddit.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you suspect anything different with regard to 4lo? Gotta figure they are using something like the trusty Borg Warner T-case from the f-150...
Doing well in 4low is more than just having a tcase with 4low. A lot of the emphasis has been on higher speed desert driving or whatever. I'm more interested in how the whole package will perform with lower speed trail driving in 4 low. How well will the new Bronco complete with Wrangler, when I pop it in 4 low and pick my way up a rugged trail in the rocky mountains, for some back country exploration and camping with my family? I don't live near a desert and have no plans to drive around 40mph+ in a desert. I'm interested in 4low performance and hoping that was a key design consideration of Ford besides this high speed stuff.

It will be interesting to see how Ford introduces the new Bronco to the press, the type of driving they do in the reviews, and what we see from more independent reviews. When Jeep introduced the new Wrangler JL, they had it all over climbing various trails in 4low. Similar driving as I use my 4x4s along with many other drivers. We will soon see the Bronco focus and capability.

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davenport-insurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IFS is a deal breaker for me. It tells me that the Bronco is not a JL competitor. The solid axle Jeep can do anything and everything that any IFS equipped vehicle can do, but an IFS vehicle cannot do everything and go anywhere a solid front axle vehicle can go.

I am a Ford man. I have owned two Broncos. One brand new ('89 Eddie Bauer), and a 1990 Eddie Bauer that I restored about 5 or 6 years ago. I have been so excited about the new Bronco that I have searched the internet every day for new info. I am sadly disappointed to learn that this vehicle will not be everything I had hoped for.

This vehicle was presented as the vehicle to knock Jeep off the top of the hill but apparently it will struggle just to get up the hill. This (IFS) might be good for high speed desert running, but unfortunately there are no deserts in SC. However we do have lots of bumpy trails.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IFS is a deal breaker for me. It tells me that the Bronco is not a JL competitor. The solid axle Jeep can do anything and everything that any IFS equipped vehicle can do, but an IFS vehicle cannot do everything and go anywhere a solid front axle vehicle can go.

I am a Ford man. I have owned two Broncos. One brand new ('89 Eddie Bauer), and a 1990 Eddie Bauer that I restored about 5 or 6 years ago. I have been so excited about the new Bronco that I have searched the internet every day for new info. I am sadly disappointed to learn that this vehicle will not be everything I had hoped for.

This vehicle was presented as the vehicle to knock Jeep off the top of the hill but apparently it will struggle just to get up the hill. This (IFS) might be good for high speed desert running, but unfortunately there are no deserts in SC. However we do have lots of bumpy trails.
Don't get your hopes down yet. I am thinking that if there is not a factory option for SFA, there will be a Ford Performance SFA kit, possibly dealer installed and warrantied if we are lucky. If not, it should not take long for the aftermarket to offer it, seeing as how Ford makes a vehicle on this frame (well, on the current ranger frame, but eventually this new ranger frame) that has SFA.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco New Full Length Official Bronco Prototype Testing Video C618949B-BDEF-4AA7-A16B-100DCEC81EA8

Just wait to see all the Wranglers at the used Ford Lot.

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't get your hopes down yet. I am thinking that if there is not a factory option for SFA, there will be a Ford Performance SFA kit, possibly dealer installed and warrantied if we are lucky. If not, it should not take long for the aftermarket to offer it, seeing as how Ford makes a vehicle on this frame (well, on the current ranger frame, but eventually this new ranger frame) that has SFA.
Ford Ranger has a SFA?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Ranger has a SFA?
No, but the Troller T4 which is based on the same frame does.

Ford Bronco New Full Length Official Bronco Prototype Testing Video 1581703146452

I'm all for Ford bringing a SFA as a ford performance kit or as a special rock monster version or whatever. I just want my version with a high performing IFS.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Ranger has a SFA?
the troller. There are a number of vehicle globally that run the same frame, commonly called the global ranger frame (T6, officially I think). they will all be migrated over to the new frame over the next few years. bronco will be the first produced on the new global ranger frame.

the troller is a Brazilian only SFA on the global ranger frame, body modeled after the jeep, no removeable top/doors though, and has a 3cyl turbo diesel.
Sponsored