First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this was covered, but I haven't seen it discussed.

How far can you lift a IFS vehicle, its not like SAS where you just add huge leafs or long travel coils.

Also if you have the electronic Bilstein's will you have to ditch them to lift the truck beyond Sasquatch?

Is Sasquatch maxed out or will you be able to go more?
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How far can you lift a IFS vehicle, its not like SAS where you just add huge leafs or long travel coils.

Also if you have the electronic Bilstein's will you have to ditch them to lift the truck beyond Sasquatch?

With the right amount of money you can lift them quite a bit. To get an idea, look up suspension lifts for other IFS trucks and SUVs.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension 057893FB-5201-47BA-9F24-00814D68DBFC

OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the right amount of money you can lift them quite a bit. To get an idea, look up suspension lifts for other IFS trucks and SUVs.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension 057893FB-5201-47BA-9F24-00814D68DBFC
Ahh yes, makes sense. But unless you use strut spacers you still run the issue of loosing the electronic shocks.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ahh yes, makes sense. But unless you use strut spacers you still run the issue of loosing the electronic shocks.
I was unaware the coilovers were electronic. What does the electronics do for them?

OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was unaware the coilovers were electronic. What does the electronics do for them?
I think I am wrong about the electronic, I thought they were. I read "position sensitive shocks" and with all the stuff about goat modes I assumed they were electronic in some way but I guess not. My VW GTI has electronic shocks that stiffen or soften based on the drive mode, so I figured it was believable.

Electronic or not at a certain height of lift kit you'll need strut spacers or longer shocks.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Electronic Factory Bilsteins?? Come again?

Coming from the 5th Gen 4Runner the safe zone is around 2.5-3 inches. I ran at 3.5 at one point and had CV binding and angry CV boot angles. I backed the coil overs (ICON) down to 2.75 inches and all was good. Some guys claim they run at 4 inches, but they may have been pavement queens. Not sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Electronic Factory Bilsteins?? Come again?

Coming from the 5th Gen 4Runner the safe zone is around 2.5-3 inches. I ran at 3.5 at one point and had CV binding and angry CB boot angles. I backed the coil overs (ICON) down to 2.75 inches and all was good. Some guys claim they run at 4 inches, but they may have been pavement queens. Not sure.
Ya but will we be able to get 2.5-3 on top of badlands/high clearance suspension or over base. That would mean if 3 inches is max then the 1.5 of the high clearance/Squatch is halfway to the top.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ya but will we be able to get 2.5-3 on top of badlands/high clearance suspension or over base. That would mean if 3 inches is max then the 1.5 of the high clearance/Squatch is halfway to the top.
No one knows how far we can lift these Broncos to stay in the safe zone. Shit man, no one has even seen ths one move. IF Bronco IFS offers the same tolerane for lift as the dated 4Runner then I think 37's should be possible..without even going after market for UCA if in fact we can get away with only 2 inch lift. But no one really knows at this point.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension 641D26E3-2633-4431-AB97-C2FE146632F7

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, you’ve already seen Ford’s prototype lift that made plenty of room for 37s...probably 2” over Sasquatch lift, so a little more than 3.6” over stock. The aftermarket will be more aggressive than that. Yeah, when you get taller it takes more thought and you replace more parts, but it can be done, and will on Bronco.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension 1602212855313

Amigo on 33” tires (stock is 29”) and a 5” lift. IFS is not an obstacle for lifting.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1602212855313.jpeg

Amigo on 33” tires (stock is 29”) and a 5” lift. IFS is not an obstacle for lifting.
I have no experiance with Amigo's.
What I can tell you is that with my past rig there is no way to get 5 inches of lift for with any type of longevity and off roading. Unless you start looking at drop bracket lifts and or body lifts..both of which I'd not welcome on the Bronco.
What are you workig with under there?

Last edited:

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

currie enterprises built an ifs for rock crawling........it can be done.....it just comes down to how deep are your pockets................I just wonder how long it will take for the first live axel swap kit to come out ?...............

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

currie enterprises built an ifs for rock crawling........it can be done.....it just comes down to how deep are your pockets................I just wonder how long it will take for the first live axel swap kit to come out ?...............
Solid axle swap would be rad. I can't wait to see it.
Sure rockcrawler IFS can be done and it works well...just look at KOH trucks. Awesome trucks.
Currie stuff is great and it can be done, but for most it's cost prohibitive.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no experiance with Amigo's.
What I can tell you is that with my past rig there is no way to get 5 inches of lift for with any type of longevity and off roading. Unless you start looking at drop bracket lifts and or body lifts..both of which I'd not welcome on the Bronco.
What are you workig with under there?
There are always trade offs. From what I remember on this one, he did drop the front differential, but nothing else. As for longevity, it was already 15 years old when all this was done and he wheeled it pretty hard. Heck, he even converted it from an auto to a stick (in his driveway no less). Note: most Amigos get 1-3” lifts. This was just an extreme example to show it was possible with IFS.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So i have an IFS Amc Eagle. Its only lifted 2.5 inches upfront with a coil spacer. No one makes suspension parts for AMCs pony style unibody cars that were converted into 4x4 by hair-brained mad scientists in Kenosha. So all the best mad scientists that have an Eagle on The Eagles Den have mostly done very custom fabricated home built lifts for their IFS (Eagles cant even cheat and do body lifts like the Bronco will be able to). They will create anything to get to 4" lift. So I would recomend to anyone wanting more than 3-4" lifts that may begin to require custom arms any higher, to start thinking about what parts are out there that work. Like is there an aftermarket raptorm arm set that can be adapted to your knuckles or upgrage knuckles to 1/2 ton size. Much higher than 3 inches and you really should be dropping the the diff a lil. Then you get to make a custom drop cradle that fits your bigger arms better. Also upgrade the diff and axles at this point too. If you aquired the ingenuity and ability to sort it out nice you would then have a better grasp of what amazing things you could do with it offroad. Sourcing existing parts any doing most of your own fab work you could build a high performance 6-10" inch lift that would give you clearance for serious wheeling on 44"s or so.

There could be alot done with minor suspension tweaks like a stretched wheelbase and custom fenders. If you did a 1 or 2 inch stretch on the rear and bigger fenders plus a lift you could run 40" inch tires or so.

Another option is going with 37"s of a more aggresive nature like Super Swampers or Mickey Thompsons TTCs and such. Its amazing what the difference in Boggers and ATs. It like regular tires are Adam West Batman, ATs are Michael Keaton, and Boggers are Hank F'n Cavill Zod neck snapping Superman!

The final option is portal axles. There are a couple companies who either make builder ifs portal kits for tubular arms or a bolt on type like from Tibus Offroad Engineering. Portals change nothing but leverage on joints. It just puts your axle centerline a 4 or 5 inches lower. It really is the ultimate clearance maker other than taller tires. I would have to imagine that a Bronco with 40" aggresive mud tires would be nearly unstoppable with a good set of portals and maybe upgraded joints, axle shafts, maybe diffs depending on your driving style.

Aside from all that wildness you could also just wait or trade back in for the Warthog model and put a spacer on it if needed.

I could also see a 1.5" body lift and baja fenders. Then stick to the 37s and drive it like a rental.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension csm_Tibus_Galerie_Bolt_on_Portal_Jeep_fa01672c4d
Sponsored