Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The outer banks running board looks unfinished above it. Although useless, can rock rails be added if you have running boards.?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the rear bumper plastic? I saw a video in another thread where a guy from an Alabama dealer walks around the black two door Badlands and says the rear bumper is plastic... I thought the Ford site initially said it had metal bumpers front and rear, but I just checked and it is less clear.

When you click on "Modular Front Bumper" under exterior features, the image below comes up and it references a steel rear bumper. I am going to be a little bummed out if plastic rear is standard on Badlands.

Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.18.08 PM

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the rear bumper plastic? I saw a video in another thread where a guy from an Alabama dealer walks around the black two door Badlands and says the rear bumper is plastic... I thought the Ford site initially said it had metal bumpers front and rear, but I just checked and it is less clear.

When you click on "Modular Front Bumper" under exterior features, the image below comes up and it references a steel rear bumper. I am going to be a little bummed out if plastic rear is standard on Badlands.

Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.18.08 PM
On the BD and BL and FE the rear is metal but this question has not been fully answered yet for the other trims where you can option / add the modular front bumper. The compare models pdf says the word “front’ but the page on the site youshow mentions The rear as well so it’s i]kind of confusing. Hope BnP settles this...

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I felt the vinyl, it is more of a fabric/spandex feeling. It’s awesome, I’ve decided to go with it over leather since it’s standard on BL.
Man all your guys have me questioning it now. I had vinyl in a Honda Element many moons ago. Didn’t feel nice at all. This stuff looks way nice in the photos and everyone is saying it’s tops.

now I don’t know what to do. I do know how to repute leather. Is vinyl just as easy. Off to research.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the BD and BL and FE the rear is metal but this question has not been fully answered yet for the other trims where you can option / add the modular front bumper. The compare models pdf says the word “front’ but the page on the site youshow mentions The rear as well so it’s i]kind of confusing. Hope BnP settles this...
Thanks. This is seriously killing me. I think it initially clearly stated steel rear bumper on the Badlands page, but it was changed. Probably when Ford also switched the tops in the two door colorizer to MIC gray instead of body color.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those who’ve been, is it worth 4 hour drive? I’m inclined to go, especially since there’s both 2 and 4 door to compare in person.
Is this a serious question? Since when is a 4 hour drive a life decision lol. Must not live in Texas. I’d be there already.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Rubisquatch I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but how we know you are not one of the ford marketing team?

The problem is ford didn't allowed any real car reviewers to get there hands on a Bronco yet. The only people we saw so far a ford sales man and a guy from bronco nation.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man all your guys have me questioning it now. I had vinyl in a Honda Element many moons ago. Didn’t feel nice at all. This stuff looks way nice in the photos and everyone is saying it’s tops.

now I don’t know what to do. I do know how to repute leather. Is vinyl just as easy. Off to research.
‘the vinyl was nice and I really liked the color, I’m leaning leather but I totally could live with the vinyl and be happy. Gonna come down to cost on the BnP

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Rubisquatch I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but how we know you are not one of the ford marketing team?

The problem is ford didn't allowed any real car reviewers to get there hands on a Bronco yet. The only people we saw so far a ford sales man and a guy from bronco nation.
Haha, that’s funny. im Just a B6G forum member who is super excited to get their Bronco. I simply wanted to share my experience cause it was so great to be there. If I was a ford marketing guy why would I own and have built these 2 (below), and live in Pittsburgh not Detroit ... also, check out my posts here prior to this one as I have nit picked/complained on some of what we’ve seen so far. I was genuinely impressed and pleased. If you have a reservation and want to cancel, i’d be Very glad to move up a slot.
Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 164F1304-8F50-43E9-BD6F-32F2BF3EA7D7
Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 3FA099C1-D994-4FB9-A1A2-5FAADFF6BC52

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha, that’s funny. im Just a B6G forum member who is super excited to get their Bronco. I simply wanted to share my experience cause it was so great to be there. If I was a ford marketing guy why would I own and have built these 2 (below), and live in Pittsburgh not Detroit ... also, check out my posts here prior to this one as I have nit picked/complained on some of what we’ve seen so far. I was genuinely impressed and pleased. If you have a reservation and want to cancel, i’d be Very glad to move up a slot.
164F1304-8F50-43E9-BD6F-32F2BF3EA7D7.jpeg
3FA099C1-D994-4FB9-A1A2-5FAADFF6BC52.jpeg
Nice jeeps! I'm glad to hear that, and my apologies if I sounded rude.
Ford needs to be little brave and let real car reviewers review the car!

Yeah I won't give you my spot yet :p

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice jeeps! I'm glad to hear that, and my apologies if I sounded rude.
Ford needs to be little brave and let real car reviewers review the car!

Yeah I won't give you my spot yet :p
No worries, took it as a compliment of my writing skills (which actually suck). I reserved on reveal night at 9pm eastern so I feel good about my spot. Hope we both get our Broncos soon!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure I saw that the rear steel bumper has a plastic cover, so when Mitchell said plastic, he may not have realized that.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure I saw that the rear steel bumper has a plastic cover, so when Mitchell said plastic, he may not have realized that.
you are correct, I did look closely and actually touch the rear bumper and the top part is hard plastic but the bottom 80% is steel. The bottom is the part that takes the trail damage So works for me - And the colors of the top plastic and bottom steel matched perfectly
Sponsored