Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks so much for post, awesome job!
Regarding your comment on CO- so is it more for a Denver Bronco fan or Steelers Fan? (Go Steelers! ). or is CO more burnt orange like University of Texas?

20. cyber orange was there on a Bronco sport and in real life is kinda school bus yellow, it is nicer than the real school bus color But Sorry CO folks but as it was more yellow than orange.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks so much for post, awesome job!
Regarding your comment on CO- so is it more for a Denver Bronco fan or Steelers Fan? (Go Steelers! ). or is CO more burnt orange like University of Texas?

20. cyber orange was there on a Bronco sport and in real life is kinda school bus yellow, it is nicer than the real school bus color But Sorry CO folks but as it was more yellow than orange.
It was more Steelers yellow than Broncos or Texas orange.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you are correct, I did look closely and actually touch the rear bumper and the top part is hard plastic but the bottom 80% is steel. The bottom is the part that takes the trail damage So works for me - And the colors of the top plastic and bottom steel matched perfectly
Seconded. I tapped the bottom half and looked underneath. Definitely steel.

Marstian

Base
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

B6G I WAS THERE TODAY (Wednesday)! I drove back from Alabama to Pittsburgh and HAD to re-route through Townsend, TN. My thoughts From seeing these live:

1. DAMN! Simply Amazing. The 2021 Bronco in real life is awe inspiring - and I own/ed 2 Rubicons. I actually was a nit picker on some items here on the forum but the pics do not do them justice and the pics are no comparison to seeing them live. The size, scale and detail is absolutely above expectations. Interior and exterior was way better than expected. The whole design team should be so proud - this rig will win awards. I Left there super excited and I cannot wait to get my Bronco and now I want my Bronco yesterday.

1a. A51 is going to be very popular when people see it, itā€™s really a great color on the big bronco. Me likey.. however probably mine will be oxford white (wife was there and she likes white or AMB)

2. Ford showed up very well. They had 2 Bronco Sports, the 4 door overland Bronco, 2 door trail Bronco and the blank chassis. They had sign up booths for info and many employees on hand to answer questions (granted some knew much more than others). Got some swag (2 awesome mugs, pic below).

3. I canā€™t say enouh how much the 4 door looks AMAZING! Everything is right on it. 2 door is good too, donā€™t get me wrong but I am so glad Iā€™m getting a 4 door.

4. The grey MIC top actually looked perfect on A51. I was a person who in previous pics did not like it but I 1000% could live with this (on A51). Iā€™d have to see it live on other colors but it looks great live and does seem darker in some views and lighter in others. But on that rig, it was GREAT. The grey MIC top almost feels like (hard) shark skin. It is not smooth-ish like Jeep MIC black tops. I doubt you could paint it without sanding - but donā€™t get me wrong, it totally worked on that Overland A51 rig.

5. Saw both the black leather (In the 2 door) and the black/dark ā€˜Marine gradeā€™ vinyl In the overland 4 door. Both are actually VERY nice. I lean to the leather but that is simply a personal preference and could live with both and be very happy. The pics of the Overland reveal show the seats very well. I am excited to see the other colors but either will be amazing on your Bronco.

6. The washout floor looked great! Seems very functional and with any floor mat over it, would look very nice and not ā€˜too basicā€™. There are floor mat holders embedded into the floor to hold the mats Which is great.

7. The interior of both trucks (both Badlands) were perfect in my opinion. I really liked the lighter/cactus-ish great on top and bottom and the carbonized grey in the middle of the dash totally work.

8. The 2 door had the 8ā€œ screen and the 4 door had the 12ā€ screen. I really like the 12ā€ screen better and will pay for the high to get it.

9. The orange trim color is not that bad. I was speaking to one of the engineers for Ford there and he kinda showed me how they come apart (by removing the Bronco screws) and if I wanted to change the color it would be easy to paint them. All the orange parts can be removed and painted. He was not sure if other colors would be made available in MY 2021 or not aside from the he orange/blue/grey weā€™ve heard about.

10. Two separate Ford people there told me (In separate discussions) there is no plan for a white or black MIC top in the near term - to me that meant MY 2021. Both said top options (to their knowledge) where grey MIC, black painted and body color painted on certain trims.

11. I asked about the 360/front camera and the engineer told me they are in discussions with Warn to redesign the existing/displayed winch to possibly A) move the solenoid or B have ford adjust (read relocate) the front camera so the winch does not obstruct viewing.

12. IMPORTANT - this may or may not be in the other Overland thread but the 4 door A51 Overalnd Bronco there today was NOT Sasquatcheā€™d. This was a non-squatch Badlands and they simply added after market wheels and 35x12.5s to them. Again, this was not squatched. We then spoke about the difference and the engineer said the really difference is ā€about an inch of extra height when squatched. he also said sqautching gives you more height but less articulation and non sqautch Badlands give you a finely bit less height and more articulation. He drove that overland this morning and said adding the 35s Did not rub in regular driving but might if taken off road ing. FYI - the tires on this 4 door A51 Bronco were 35x12.5s NOT 315/70s. These are not the stock tires. The blank chassis there did have squatch wheels with warm allow rings and had 315/70s. Do note how this rig appears to not have a lot of extra clearance above the tire before the flare. Lifting 2 inches or even a 1.5 leveling kit would make this look even better.

13. See edit... The above also means when viewing this rig it has non-sqautch flares As I was told this rig had regular flares. These flares looked totally fine and the 35s were dead even with edge of the flare and did not stick out past it. I am leaning to ordering the 33MTs with optional wheels and adding 35s/315s when I get it home from picking it up - and I feel good they wonā€™t stick out and throw rocks.

EDIT - thanks to @Ksjrb03 who pointed out they may be even though I was told otherwise. in looking back now at pics, it appears I may have been told wrong info as I went back to my pics and in my pics the 4 door does appears to have wider flares but again, they specifically told me was non squatch flares, but they could have been wrong.

14. 4 door would look totally fine with 33s but I do like it a lot better with 35s or 315s. The 2 door looks great on 33s so going 35s there is a personal preference.

15. All the extra parts such as tailgate tables, slide out fridge looked great and I can see myself buying a lot of that. Real nice work by vendors and ford there.

16. The roof rack is a must have, and Iā€™m not talking about the rooftop tent. The rack itself is sweet and I am getting it.

17. Both the optional black allow Badlands 33 bead.ock wheels and the Sasquatch wheels are great. I canā€™t decide which is better but both are must haves Over the regular badlands wheels, even though I have only seen CGI pics of the regular Badlands wheels.

18. The carbonized grey grill totally works on both Broncos and I never found myself thinking ā€˜theres too many greys going on hereā€™. as with point 1 above, the colors work, even the MIC top (at least on this A51).

19. The Bronco sport is actually really nice. I think this will compete very well in the class.

Iā€™ll add more as I remember but again - I was SOOO impressed and can not wait to get my Bronco! I have a ton of pics but they are similar to the other threads. But here is my Bronco swag...
EF013A88-5B97-4DEE-BAFF-4E0DBFDCF00A.jpeg
Just got back from event today and I have to say I was impressed with the vehicle.

If you are on the fence about the Area 51 color, don't be, both my wife and I liked it the best of all the colors as it really looks good in real life.
On the other hand, the antimatter blue was not so good, you may as well just get black because that.s what everyone will see it as, there is not enough blue highlight for it to work. And I really like blue, I have a 13 Mustang deep impact blue which is fantastic.

Cargo room on the two door is well, non existent, you will have to remove the back seats or live with the seat bumps.

I talked to a Ford rep that specialized in drive trains and grilled him on the 2.3 vs 2.7, he is a self admitted horsepower guy and was so impressed with the 2.3 that he would be very happy with it, and yes he has driven both engines in the Bronco doing media events etc.

The same guy indicated that the upper tier models are great but if he were going to buy one of the models it would be the black diamond, based on standard equipment and no un needed options, but he qualified that choice saying it would be the best option for NON Technical trail riding, meaning weekend warrior stuff not hard core rock climbing etc.

I also talked to the Bilstein guys, they are very proud of the new shock system on HOSS equipped Broncos, and I have to admit the shocks are definitely hi tech and beefy.

My favorite model is still the 2 door, the dimensions and stance are just the ticket!

Asked one of the marketing dudes which show was bigger, the west or the east, he said east by a lot, much more traffic and interest.

Final comment. This is going to be one heck of a winner for Ford and it will only get better!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got back from event today and I have to say I was impressed with the vehicle.

If you are on the fence about the Area 51 color, don't be, both my wife and I liked it the best of all the colors as it really looks good in real life.
On the other hand, the antimatter blue was not so good, you may as well just get black because that.s what everyone will see it as, there is not enough blue highlight for it to work. And I really like blue, I have a 13 Mustang deep impact blue which is fantastic.

Cargo room on the two door is well, non existent, you will have to remove the back seats or live with the seat bumps.

I talked to a Ford rep that specialized in drive trains and grilled him on the 2.3 vs 2.7, he is a self admitted horsepower guy and was so impressed with the 2.3 that he would be very happy with it, and yes he has driven both engines in the Bronco doing media events etc.

The same guy indicated that the upper tier models are great but if he were going to buy one of the models it would be the black diamond, based on standard equipment and no un needed options, but he qualified that choice saying it would be the best option for NON Technical trail riding, meaning weekend warrior stuff not hard core rock climbing etc.

I also talked to the Bilstein guys, they are very proud of the new shock system on HOSS equipped Broncos, and I have to admit the shocks are definitely hi tech and beefy.

My favorite model is still the 2 door, the dimensions and stance are just the ticket!

Asked one of the marketing dudes which show was bigger, the west or the east, he said east by a lot, much more traffic and interest.

Final comment. This is going to be one heck of a winner for Ford and it will only get better!
Great feedback, thank you. I love your comments about the 2 door, I am 100% in on a modern EB.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please fill us in on all the details about your conversation with the Bilstein guys?

Also, did they say if there are two separate part numbers of just a height adjustment to one part number to get Squatched?

704Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Gti, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you are correct, I did look closely and actually touch the rear bumper and the top part is hard plastic but the bottom 80% is steel. The bottom is the part that takes the trail damage So works for me - And the colors of the top plastic and bottom steel matched perfectly
Is the rear steel bumper the same color/texture as the front modular steel bumper?

thanks

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the rear steel bumper the same color/texture as the front modular steel bumper?

thanks
yes, exactly the same feel, color and texture, they're nice! The aftermarket will have other bumper options but these factory might be the ones that stay on my Bronco.

Only thing I would really like is a front modular bumper that looks like the existing one by ford but one in which I can have a hidden winch. I prefer one inside the bumper versus mounted on a platform a la...

Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 1602342543824

Marstian

Base
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please fill us in on all the details about your conversation with the Bilstein guys?

Also, did they say if there are two separate part numbers of just a height adjustment to one part number to get Squatched?
They advised that any broncos with the HOSS system/suspension had the same shock and I asked if we could add it later on broncos without the hoss and he confirmed it. My understanding with squatch is a different spring height

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They advised that any broncos with the HOSS system/suspension had the same shock and I asked if we could add it later on broncos without the hoss and he confirmed it. My understanding with squatch is a different spring height
Good info, thx

Sponsored

704Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Gti, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, exactly the same feel, color and texture, they're nice! The aftermarket will have other bumper options but these factory might be the ones that stay on my Bronco.

Only thing I would really like is a front modular bumper that looks like the existing one by ford but one in which I can have a hidden winch. I prefer one inside the bumper versus mounted on a platform a la...

Ford Bronco My thoughts (and details) from being at Bronco Super Cel East today 1602342543824
Thanks for confirming. I wish they had a hidden winch option as well

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think they will still have those mugs tomorrow?
Sponsored