395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There are always trade offs. From what I remember on this one, he did drop the front differential, but nothing else. As for longevity, it was already 15 years old when all this was done and he wheeled it pretty hard. Heck, he even converted it from an auto to a stick (in his driveway no less). Note: most Amigos get 1-3” lifts. This was just an extreme example to show it was possible with IFS.
Like I said..up to 3 inches is generally considered the safe zone from my past experience with IFS.
Sure you can push it more and that Amigo's stance does look good, but there is just no way the Bronco will get 5 inches of increased suspension travel without and ton of work and $$.

If the OP is interested in custom fab work then yes...darn near anything is possible.
Call Casey..He'll get you lined out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not sure if this was covered, but I haven't seen it discussed.

How far can you lift a IFS vehicle, its not like SAS where you just add huge leafs or long travel coils.

Also if you have the electronic Bilstein's will you have to ditch them to lift the truck beyond Sasquatch?

Is Sasquatch maxed out or will you be able to go more?
The Bronco has Coilover shocks/springs, it is not leaf springs.

A search shows how the Bilstein's work and that they are mechanical, not electronic.

BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)

Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension scv-2021-ford-bronco-suspension-shocks-dampers-

Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension FordBronco_parts_09 - Copy

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, you’ve already seen Ford’s prototype lift that made plenty of room for 37s...probably 2” over Sasquatch lift, so a little more than 3.6” over stock. The aftermarket will be more aggressive than that. Yeah, when you get taller it takes more thought and you replace more parts, but it can be done, and will on Bronco.
The Bronco running around on 37" tires is sitting on a Raptor rear end, not the stock rear end. The stock rear lift will be a different solution.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know why this is even a question. You can lift an IFS vehicle 6+ inches all day long without issues. And no, it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg unless you just want to spend the ungodly amount to get Cadillac feeling suspension. I'm running a 6 inch Rough Country with lifted struts (not spacers) on my 2011 F150 at 170k miles on original CVS. I have my suspension checked at every oil change. My tie rods are original, and my upper and lower ball joints are original. All are in perfect shape. CV angles are pretty much where they are stock. Lifting an IFS over 3 inches will not cause problems when done right.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know why this is even a question.
Because the Bronco will bring in many people new to offroad, many of them may not even know the difference between a lift and a light bar. What better place for them to learn then the Bronco forum.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why this is even a question. You can lift an IFS vehicle 6+ inches all day long without issues. And no, it doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg unless you just want to spend the ungodly amount to get Cadillac feeling suspension. I'm running a 6 inch Rough Country with lifted struts (not spacers) on my 2011 F150 at 170k miles on original CVS. I have my suspension checked at every oil change. My tie rods are original, and my upper and lower ball joints are original. All are in perfect shape. CV angles are pretty much where they are stock. Lifting an IFS over 3 inches will not cause problems when done right.
I'd like to see a pic of that. Sounds pretty sweet.

OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know why this is even a question.
Because the Bronco will bring in many people new to offroad, many of them may not even know the difference between a lift and a light bar. What better place for them to learn then the Bronco forum.
I know you can lift an IFS, the question was supposed to be more; At what point will you have to ditch the Bilstien's? I don't want to buy a truck with nice suspension only to have to throw some of it away to get another inch or two. I especially don't want to pay $5000 for Sasquatch and again have to throw away those shocks for another inch or two.

And as @North7 said I am coming from sports cars, my last 3 cars were a Mustang GT, and Audi RS5, and now a VW GTI. I can't get either of those into my favorite target shooting or camping spots and often have to leave my car behind and get in a friends rig which sucks. So yes I am a stoopid car-guy blundering in here drooling over the Bronco and not knowing a ton about trucks :)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know you can lift an IFS, the question was supposed to be more; At what point will you have to ditch the Bilstien's? I don't want to buy a truck with nice suspension only to have to throw some of it away to get another inch or two. I especially don't want to pay $5000 for Sasquatch and again have to throw away those shocks for another inch or two.

And as @North7 said I am coming from sports cars, my last 3 cars were a Mustang GT, and Audi RS5, and now a VW GTI. I can't get either of those into my favorite target shooting or camping spots and often have to leave my car behind and get in a friends rig which sucks. So yes I am a stoopid car-guy blundering in here drooling over the Bronco and not knowing a ton about trucks :)
A stock Bronco on may get you there, add Sasquatch and no problems, your there.
Or
Buy the Badlands, stock 33" and you will be fine.

Where are you going so crazy you need more lift than that?

If you do, sure, start base and build yourself:
Spacers only on stock coilover shocks will give you and extra inch our two or buying taller coilover shocks will do the same.

At some point you will need longer A-Arms if you go really high, like these for the Ranger.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rough...it-with-rear-n3-shocks-500010/_/R-DHTP-500010

https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1545H

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is your 6 inch lift accomplished by a drop bracket?
Of course CVs will last with a drop bracket lift because your are returning the angle back to stock...BUT you are cutting the center cross member off the frame and a ride that is terrible off road. You think that's done right? Give me a break.

Might be fine for the street and thats about it.

This thread was about lifting the Bronco..not just lifting an IFS rig in general.
So are you really planning on a drop bracket lift for your Bronco?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i have an IFS Amc Eagle. Its only lifted 2.5 inches upfront with a coil spacer. No one makes suspension parts for AMCs pony style unibody cars that were converted into 4x4 by hair-brained mad scientists in Kenosha. So all the best mad scientists that have an Eagle on The Eagles Den have mostly done very custom fabricated home built lifts for their IFS (Eagles cant even cheat and do body lifts like the Bronco will be able to). They will create anything to get to 4" lift. So I would recomend to anyone wanting more than 3-4" lifts that may begin to require custom arms any higher, to start thinking about what parts are out there that work. Like is there an aftermarket raptorm arm set that can be adapted to your knuckles or upgrage knuckles to 1/2 ton size. Much higher than 3 inches and you really should be dropping the the diff a lil. Then you get to make a custom drop cradle that fits your bigger arms better. Also upgrade the diff and axles at this point too. If you aquired the ingenuity and ability to sort it out nice you would then have a better grasp of what amazing things you could do with it offroad. Sourcing existing parts any doing most of your own fab work you could build a high performance 6-10" inch lift that would give you clearance for serious wheeling on 44"s or so.

There could be alot done with minor suspension tweaks like a stretched wheelbase and custom fenders. If you did a 1 or 2 inch stretch on the rear and bigger fenders plus a lift you could run 40" inch tires or so.

Another option is going with 37"s of a more aggresive nature like Super Swampers or Mickey Thompsons TTCs and such. Its amazing what the difference in Boggers and ATs. It like regular tires are Adam West Batman, ATs are Michael Keaton, and Boggers are Hank F'n Cavill Zod neck snapping Superman!

The final option is portal axles. There are a couple companies who either make builder ifs portal kits for tubular arms or a bolt on type like from Tibus Offroad Engineering. Portals change nothing but leverage on joints. It just puts your axle centerline a 4 or 5 inches lower. It really is the ultimate clearance maker other than taller tires. I would have to imagine that a Bronco with 40" aggresive mud tires would be nearly unstoppable with a good set of portals and maybe upgraded joints, axle shafts, maybe diffs depending on your driving style.

Aside from all that wildness you could also just wait or trade back in for the Warthog model and put a spacer on it if needed.

I could also see a 1.5" body lift and baja fenders. Then stick to the 37s and drive it like a rental.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension FordBronco_parts_09 - Copy
I was looking at portals for more true ground clearance on my 79. Was $2500 a piece. Expensive.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if I came off harsh earlier. I'm not some elitist truck enthusiast. I just grew up in the country where lifted trucks is just kind of the thing. I've been around it and in it most of my life and couldn't understand how people wouldn't know this stuff lol.

The answer your question: "When would I have to ditch the Bilsteins and spend a ton of money to get 1 or 2 inches?" The good news for you is that you wouldn't ever have to probably if you really didn't want to. For something as small as 1 or 2 inches, you could very well get away with a couple hundred dollars at most for a 2 inch leveling kit. This would include plastic or aluminum strut spacers or lifted struts. Some even come with new rear blocks if you like the look of your factory rake. You should never go above two inches with a level because you will be putting your CVs and ball joints at extreme levels which will accelerate wear over time and could put you in a dangerous situation if catastrophic failure happens on the road. If you want a full suspension lift to get your 1 or 2 inches, you will spend between $1k (Rough Country) to around $5k (Fox or Icon) and that's just parts not including labor. For 1 or 2 inches, I would stick with a level.

@broadicustomworks I don't have any pictures since the lift was installed on my phone, but here it is before the lift. I'll have to upload some when I get to my computer at home. I'm still running the same 18X9 Mayhems, just with 35s.
Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension 20190702_181155
Ford Bronco Aftermarket lift for IFS and Sasquatch suspension 20190709_164206

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you want to go with the truck? Add 37s? The you probably will ditch the Bilsteins. At what point do you have to ditch the Bilstiens? You can keep them if you add an inch or whatever with a body lift. You can keep them with a spacer lift (I wouldn't do that); you can probably keep them with a leveling kit comprised of stiffer springs up front; taking the front up an inch or so....any bigger lift, and you will need new shocks. Stay with 35s and want a little bit more, and you're in good shape. Want to go bigger? Replace a lot of things including shocks.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is your 6 inch lift accomplished by a drop bracket?
Of course CVs will last with a drop bracket lift because your are returning the angle back to stock...BUT you are cutting the center cross member off the frame and a ride that is terrible off road. You think that's done right? Give me a break.

Might be fine for the street and thats about it.

This thread was about lifting the Bronco..not just lifting an IFS rig in general.
So are you really planning on a drop bracket lift for your Bronco?
Yes via drop bracket. Clearly what you are wanting is a $10k-$20k custom fabricated lift which is nowhere near practical financially when people are already spending up to $70k on an optioned Bronco. Any time you are lifting to the point where you are able to fit larger tires, you are adding ground clearance. And yes, you can take a drop bracket lifted truck off-road just fine as I do it "all the time". And also, no it rides just fine when off-road going through mud, rocky creek beds during deer season, etc. You know, more than most people will ever do with their Bronco. Goodness, lol.
Sponsored