Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I would take a turbo K series over LS or any V8 option today. Some people just don't know what they're talking about and it shows.

Time to get caught up with the times. I think the better argument is where is the V4?
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol because that is what they are comparable to as far as horsepower, torque, and cost. You're right, there is no comparison between a turbo'd 4 or 6 cylinder and a supercharged V8 as far as power goes. But when talking about horsepower and torque for money spent, those turbo'd 4 and 6 cylinders blow the supercharged V8 completely out of the water. You want a supercharged V8 vehicle, you're looking at least $70k+. Good luck with that buddy.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn’t that the engine they put in an F150 ? Should be good, I would think.
It will be great with the 2.7! I love all the "V8" controversy but the 2.7 is a solid option for the Bronco. I wouldn't buy one if it was only a 2.3 4 banger.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 2.3 now and yes it is plenty powerfully enough. You you have any concerns go compare the numbers from the wranglers and go test drive any Ford with the 2.3

Reactions: D K

Sponsored

messymatter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco looks big and heavy - even as a 2 door - is anyone actually interested in the 4 cylinder in the 4 door?

I just don't see a turbo 4 cylinder holding up for 100k plus miles. I actually love 4 cylinders as I'm not concerned about horsepower and speed, and more interested in economy and so when I saw you could only get a 7 speed with the 4 cylinder I didn't think I'd want the V6 anyway.

Even though I'm only interested in the 2 door, now I'm second guessing if the 2.3 turbo is enough. With the ergonomics and all the off-road running gear I'd bet that the fuel economy between the 4 and 6 cylinders won't be a tipping point one way or another.

I'm really hoping between now and December Ford decides to offer the V6 with a manual transmission - I can't imagine its and engineering issue. Only thing I can think is with a manual trans there would be no point in the GOAT modes so it's more of a marketing issue.

I'd like a Base 2door, V6, 7 speed, 'squatch, with the LED headlamps.

If I have to get an automatic to get the V6 then I do want the GOAT modes and then I'm looking at a Wildtrack? Or a badlands (which I don't think comes with the V6)?
I was hoping to get a curb weight before placing an order for this very reason. I really want to go manual trans, but I may go with the bigger motor and auto trans. Where i live, the auto will be better to drive around town due to traffic

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disclaimer: The Bronco isn’t a race car, but some of us like to feel a little something when we put our foot down. Even when we’re already going 60 mph on the highway.

To me it really depends on driving style and how you spec out your Bronco. If you’re a spirited driver and your Bronco comes out at 5000lbs, I find it very hard to believe that the 4 cylinder won’t leave you wanting MORE. I do not believe 270hp on a 5000 pound vehicle will inspire you on the highway.

My old Acura MDX weighed 4500lbs with a 300hp 3.7L V6 and was just about perfect. Got the job done in very hilly West Virginia and climbing hills at 70-80 was never an issue. Passing on hills from 60 to 80mph was great as well. I want that confidence in the Bronco, so I won’t be risking it with the 2.3L 4 banger.

Also this isn’t a diss to people who own 4cyl turbos. I had one myself in the 2009 Acura RDX and it was badass. It actually happened to be a 2.3L as well.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are we still talking about this??? Full disclosure, I haven't read all 13 pages yet... but people are talking out of ignorance here! These are NOT 110hp honda 4 banger engines from the 80s! I have a Focus ST with a 2.0 engine, tuned to about 300hp. I keep up (until about 70mph) with my co-workers Camaro SS. I did the tune right out the gate when I bought it "used" with 900 miles on it. I now have 90,000 and if anything, it's running better than it did with 1,000 miles. You're precious non-v8 Bronco will do FINE with the 2.3l. Do some research, drive some turbos, and quit bitching.

Sponsored

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Are we still talking about this??? Full disclosure, I haven't read all 13 pages yet... but people are talking out of ignorance here! These are NOT 110hp honda 4 banger engines from the 80s! I have a Focus ST with a 2.0 engine, tuned to about 300hp. I keep up (until about 70mph) with my co-workers Camaro SS. I did the tune right out the gate when I bought it "used" with 900 miles on it. I now have 90,000 and if anything, it's running better than it did with 1,000 miles. You're precious non-v8 Bronco will do FINE with the 2.3l. Do some research, drive some turbos, and quit bitching.

But... mah v8, the EB Bronco came with the option for v8 so ford should offer it too with a white top

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the 2.7 V6 is underpowered. So that's the extent of my doubting even more the 4 cylinder. It just isn't sitting well with me after a week of being excited and thinking about it. 5000+ pounds (with Sasquatch) on that small displacement leads me to think it will not he durable. Probably why they restricted the manual on the Sasquatch. I'm waiting for further developments at this point. A Coyote V8 or a larger V6.
Either you are shit-posting or you don't know the history or math that you're basing your argument on.

The 2.7L V6 has more power than any 351 Windsor V8 Ford put in their F-series including the Lightning.
Sponsored