First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of my 3 (so far!) builds that I want to price out before ordering, awesome to have a picture of it now!
Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear Ford,
I may be the only person who now loves MIC gray. Now do me a solid put pop out windows in it. I'll even pay little extra for that!
Thanks!
??
*Blackout or glass IDC as long as they pop out.
The rear side windows do pop out. I just saw this on YouTube.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you want to see it:
That's the shadow black top. I'm hoping they give us the option on the MIC Gray hardtop. Unfortunately I think you gotta upgrade which kinda sucks Ive gotten to where I really like the look of the Gray MIC.

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the shadow black top. I'm hoping they give us the option on the MIC Gray hardtop. Unfortunately I think you gotta upgrade which kinda sucks Ive gotten to where I really like the look of the Gray MIC.
Ahh i didn't realize that. I'm guessing it's not. They probably want you to upgrade. Man, what is a black hardtop going to cost? I'm also not liking that it's shiny. Maybe the MIC Gray won't be so bad, even without a pop out window. The good news is the build feature for the bronco on the Ford website is coming soon. I can't really decide on an exterior color. knowing what color tops and interior options look like, may help me finalize.

Sippster

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have laid off of complaining about the MIC tops, but this setup looks especially bad to me. The grill and bumper are black. The mirrors and fender flares appear to be about the same black. The beam the mirrors are attached to is grey. The b-pillar is black, but a different shade of black. The top is grey, so it's not even close to anything else on the truck.

I mean, is this really the plan? That looks pretty terrible. (The mismatched shades of black/grey I mean. The truck itself looks fine and I like the race red.)
Could not agree more! Like the rapid red color. Hate the grey top! Could be a deal breaker......

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ahh i didn't realize that. I'm guessing it's not. They probably want you to upgrade. Man, what is a black hardtop going to cost? I'm also not liking that it's shiny. Maybe the MIC Gray won't be so bad, even without a pop out window. The good news is the build feature for the bronco on the Ford website is coming soon. I can't really decide on an exterior color. knowing what color tops and interior options look like, may help me finalize.
I think it's somewhere around $1900 bucks to upgrade. I also think the colors that go best with the MIC Gray are Area 51, Cactus Gray, & Carbonized Gray. I really want the pop out windows but I'd rather have them in the MIC then the Shadow!

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess we have our answer:

5. Is the modular hard top in Shadow Black the only option with removal rear windows?

That is correct. Rear window removal is not available with the molded hard top in Carbonized Grey.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I searched but didn’t find anything about the roof rack affecting the top removal. I assume it doesn’t, correct?
On the 2 door you can remove the front 2 panels with the roof rack on, but you have to take the roof rack off when you remove the clam shell. According to ford at the super celebration west.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See, your comment about the fenders still falls in line with what I mean though. The fenders and the grille and the bumpers and the top and the b-pillar and the mirrors, etc. are all different shades/colors. It's weird. I know we keep hearing they're pre-production and not get too bent out of shape about it but it's starting to get hard not to. Ugh.
Yeah, I feel you. I've seen pix of the white top and it still looked light gray. Might have been the light, but I really don't want to be thinking about post-purchase paint jobs. I'm almost ready to buy white and put a colored clear coat on it.

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess that is a production and not preprod model. It has a window sticker. Could this mean they are rolling out already ?

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have laid off of complaining about the MIC tops, but this setup looks especially bad to me. The grill and bumper are black. The mirrors and fender flares appear to be about the same black. The beam the mirrors are attached to is grey. The b-pillar is black, but a different shade of black. The top is grey, so it's not even close to anything else on the truck.

I mean, is this really the plan? That looks pretty terrible. (The mismatched shades of black/grey I mean. The truck itself looks fine and I like the race red.)
I agree the grey molded looks horrible on everything what is ford thinking? Pretty easy to add black to plastic pellets why not mold in black or white great does seem to look good on anything
Sponsored