Sponsored

¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While discussing the virtues of SFA over on BOF some insiders felt it necessary to stamp out any hope that off road prowess was a major consideration in Bronco design ...

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:
Troller T4 is not related to T6, its just a parts bin share from T6 Ranger
(theengine, gearbox, door mechanisms and HVAC componentry.)
the chassis and caxles are all troller design

Your assumptions regarding Bronco on T6 are pants on backwards, there's only a only a small demographic that wants
a showroom Bronco to be an extreme off road vehicle. To the extent, that SFA and decoupling anti-roll bars are are just
not on this product envelope
. It will have a much better balance of on road performance and that a crappy old SFA will
never ever match. Jeeps ruggedness is its own short coming, some would say, a liability when compared to Bronco,
the Gladiator Mojave is an example of just how shit scared Jeep is of Bronco, they're manoeuvring now as best they
can but it won't be enough...I'm predicting lots of Wrangler defectors will go to Bronco along with other new buyers,
its just a different mix of skills that better suits the bulk of new buyers who want an all road capable vehicle.
Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 1581863350389

No SFA option, and no disconnecting sway bar. ... Take it from someone who has seen the Bronco and its design / internals.

Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want. Some smartypants who know more just can't help themselves and have to prove you wrong.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, jpd80 said:
Bigger doors mean the A Frame is further forward, there is no trade off in visibility

Yes Wrangler is optimised for more extreme off roading which is a trade off for “stuff” at the opposite end of the spectrum where a SFA becomes a liability.

Best part is Bronco is a Bronco without using any of Jeep’s “work dress” .
Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 1581863820672

23 minutes ago, akirby said:
We all know that the folks clamoring for SFA and hard core off roading would be buying cheap used vehicles anyway. Just like the Panther mafia.

Guess we’ll have the SFA mafia now.
Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 1581864355533

Because no auto reviewers or YouTubers or whatever buys a brand new vehicle and off roads it, creating thousands of aspirational owners from their viewers.

Nice plan ...

I hope you guys aren't in charge of marketing at Ford ...
Ford Bronco ¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar ! 1581864355574

One of the biggest reasons Wranglers, Tacomas, 4Runners etc. have high resale value is because of those second or third owners you are deriding and mocking. The Bronco you seem so pleased to describe won't have those people, or the resale value.

ETA: where it started
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...-premier-spring-2020-now-with-photos/&page=36

and why not ...

Sponsored

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp......

are those two posters people who’s post history indicates they’d be in the know, or armchair quarterbacks?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
While discussing the virtues of SFA over on BOF some insiders felt it necessary to stamp out any hope that off road prowess was a major consideration in Bronco design ...

1581863350389.gif

No SFA option, and no disconnecting sway bar. ... Take it from someone who has seen the Bronco and its design / internals.

Sometimes pandering and groveling does not get you what you want. Some smartypants who know more just can't help themselves and have to prove you wrong.

1581863820672.gif

1581864355533.gif

Because no auto reviewers or YouTubers or whatever buys a brand new vehicle and off roads it, creating thousands of aspirational owners from their viewers.

Nice plan ...

1581864355574.gif

One of the biggest reasons Wranglers, Tacomas, 4Runners etc. have high resale value is because of those second or third owners you are deriding and mocking. The Bronco you seem so pleased to describe won't have those people, or the resale value.
woooooow calm down. Ranger has one of the best resale values.

The old IFS broncos have AMAZING! resale value with no disconnecting sway.
4 runner doesn’t. Neither does Tacoma. Neither have lockers. So please do your self a favor and calm down.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp......

are those two posters people who’s post history indicates they’d be in the know, or armchair quarterbacks?
akirby is a Moderator with over 33000 posts and jpd80 is with over 26000 posts is recognised on BOF as someone with insider information who's quips are frequently taken as fact regarding questions by other established users.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
akirby is a Moderator with over 33000 posts and jpd80 is with over 26000 posts is recognised on BOF as someone with insider information who's quips are frequently taken as fact regarding questions by other established users.
This is some disappointing news then tbh, not just on the sfa issue, but on the overall direction Ford has gone with this. To be a street queen that only looks like she can perform off-road.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ranger is barely a year old.
the Old Ranger has just as a good resale value as any other midsized truck and suv in the class.

mans so far KBB and Edmunds have the new t6 right in the mid (yes under the king of resale the Tacoma) but still up there.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Nice plan ...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well now isn't that a bummer :( ……..... oh well at least I found out now and not have to wait till summer to find out. I'll still be buying one just have to save my pennies to SFA swap it !!:rockon:

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is some disappointing news then tbh, not just on the sfa issue, but on the overall direction Ford has gone with this. To be a street queen that only looks like she can perform off-road.
what part of long arm long travel suspension with fox shocks and 35” tires isn’t off road worthy.
Because you never see 4 runners and Tacoma’s and rangers and frontiers on the MoAB right?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the Old Ranger has just as a good resale value as any other midsized truck and suv in the class.

mans so far KBB and Edmunds have the new t6 right in the mid (yes under the king of resale the Tacoma) but still up there.
So average then? I.e nothing exemplary. And even just 5 years ago EBs could be purchased for 5-8k, and ttb for 2-3k. Not exactly great resale values. The last few years of resale values climbing has been in anticipation of a new bronco that is true in form and function. I bought my rust free 460 swapped and lifted 82 for 4200 bucks about 8 years ago. I could probably sell it for 12-15 now.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well now isn't that a bummer :( ……..... oh well at least I found out now and not have to wait till summer to find out. I'll still be buying one just have to save my pennies to SFA swap it !!:rockon:
This is my thoughts as well, as I’ll be waiting for the 2nd-3rd year SFA swap kits should be available.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what part of long arm long travel suspension with fox shocks and 35” tires isn’t off road worthy.
Because you never see 4 runners and Tacoma’s and rangers and frontiers on the MoAB right?
They also operate 37" tire.... guys get information correct please
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.