OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Raw steel, or aluminum?
That's a good question.
The shell that I saw had some kind of coating on it, so it wasn't bare steel or aluminum.
I didn't ask the engineer.
The coating, if I remember correctly, was a dull, dark, green - like some kind of primer before they apply the actual paint.

I was at the world headquarters for a large automotive supplier that plays a major role in the "final appearance" of the vehicle.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a good question.
The shell that I saw had some kind of coating on it, so it wasn't bare steel or aluminum.
The coating, if I remember correctly, was a dull, dark, green - like some kind of primer before they apply the actual paint.

I was at the world headquarters for a large automotive supplier that plays a major role in the "final appearance" of the vehicle.
Ready for the Monday morning paint job. LOL

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Raw steel, or aluminum?
That's a good question.

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
I was thinking the prototype looked a bit pudgy, but was willing to give them time to trim layers of padding off. This description of being almost as big as an F150 is a bit discouraging for me, maneuverability on and off road is important.

I'm sure Midnight Blue will be happy though. :muscle:
The raw metal shell with no front or rear fascia and no spare tire was 16' right on the button.

I didn't measure the width, but I like a wide vehicle and I wasn't disappointed in the width when I looked at from all angles including sticking my head inside the shell.
I wasn't blown away by the width, but I wasn't disappointed, and I do like a wide vehicle.

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dull, dark, green coating?
Makes me think of the green aviation zinc phosphate primer. Which might suggest aluminum, but the primer is for aluminum or steel.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you mention when this was?
Seems they were pretty lax by letting you check it out for even 5 minutes.

I know when I did a service call at a Phoenix warehouse a couple years back they had to let me in to fix a machine and they didnā€™t want me to have my phone on me because I was working right next to the Tesla semi truck prototype.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The amount of juicy is strong with this thread.
:whew:

The more I read over the points, especially the pillars these renderings come to mind.

Iā€™m guess that the things that would be changed are:
Mirrors
Door window height (depth)
Removable top
Remove bulgy over fender style, fenders
Change fender shape to circles
Naturally widen fenders ( think of bmw M2 hips)

I wonder if someone mixes mo-aunā€™s with the ones below, we can get close
To an accurate depiction?

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 7B7B3D13-5623-40DB-9885-5FADAD925031

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell FCBD73A4-DA81-452B-95AC-2F7C3132801A

Last edited:

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Sunny Joe. Thanks for the info!

But, to give detailed descriptions on the on the body and not even NOTICE the roof... And no pic? Even though you had time to heel-to-toe dimensions? I think you're an insider just throwing us a bone! Out with it! You know more than you're letting on! :wink:

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Sunny Joe. Thanks for the info!

But, to give detailed descriptions on the on the body and not even NOTICE the roof... And no pic? Even though you had time to heel-to-toe dimensions? I think you're an insider just throwing us a bone! Out with it! You know more than you're letting on! :wink:
Right, odd very odd also we hadn't gotten a gotten a "leak" yet this week haha

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, odd very odd also we hadn't gotten a gotten a "leak" yet this week haha
Unless of course you count that town and country video stating it will come with auto and manual trans.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you see the upswoop in the sheet metal immediately behind the rear window? That is real. It's a twin upswoop to the one near the front mirrors.
That's the baby Bronco not the Bronco

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the baby Bronco not the Bronco
No, itā€™s not. Go look at the camo mule, you can see the swoop down at the hood and swoop up after rear door as the OP described. If you work at ford like you claim I assume you sweep floors until you can prove or convince otherwise because everything youā€™ve been saying is counter to either things we know, or things that have been said by people we know are in the know.

jjmtuttle

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, itā€™s not. Go look at the camo mule, you can see the swoop down at the hood and swoop up after rear door as the OP described. If you work at ford like you claim I assume you sweep floors until you can prove or convince otherwise because everything youā€™ve been saying is counter to either things we know, or things that have been said by people we know are in the know.
I've been working at Ford motor company for 26 years Not sweeping floors either hands on building. I started in 1994 building the Bronco was there when the last one was drove off the line and still there building the new Bronco. Like I said some information you guys have is correct some isn't.. Don't have to prove anything to anyone was just trying to enlighten some of you I'm correct information.

OP
OP

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Did you mention when this was?
Seems they were pretty lax by letting you check it out for even 5 minutes.

I know when I did a service call at a Phoenix warehouse a couple years back they had to let me in to fix a machine and they didnā€™t want me to have my phone on me because I was working right next to the Tesla semi truck prototype.
This was about 2 months ago. I'm a professional truck driver, and somebody has to ferry prototypes on large skateboards (open frames/fixtures on wheels) back and forth between suppliers for various testing... That's me.
Sponsored