Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally think the vinyl looks better than the leather. It's tighter and looks like it will hold its form longer. Now that we know the vinyl is able to be heated as well, that pretty much makes the leather obsolete in my opinion.
I agree! More cowbell!! Lol

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unpopular opinion: I actually like that stitching.
The stitching is what keeps me coming back to Area 51. The orange in the BL decal/stitching/accessories compliments the Area 51 better that my original color combo of Velocity Blue and a white top (Ford’s already thrown that out the window too).

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need details on the feel of this vinyl. I think they look great, so that's kinda moot for me (I'd say the vinyl may look a bit better imo). I'm good with either, but love the smell of a good leather.

Does the vinyl have any weird vinyly smell to it? Or just smells like new car adhesives (lol -- love it).

And most importantly, you already brushed on it...hows the texture, the feel...soft, hard, does it flex well, you think it'll flex well in the winter at say 14ÂşF (-10ÂşC for CDN)?

Will it crack in the long run...hmm, you prolly can't answer that, haha, but these are my thoughts.

R
Got to put my hands on the vinyl seats today. They are a lot softer than I thought. Definitely softer than leather. They look and feel fantastic. A leather upgrade would be a waste of money.

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 2021 Bronco Vinyl Seats Rear

Last edited by a moderator:

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got to feel them today

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 2021 Bronco Vinyl Seats Rear

Got to put my hands on the vinyl seats today. They are a lot softer than I thought. Definitely softer than leather. They look and feel fantastic. A leather upgrade would be a waste of money. View attachment 46927
wow, that’s a pretty bold thing to say, lol. I like it, I’m getting Badlands so this is stock on it...hmm, all this time I didn’t know if I should upgrade to leather (or would it be a downgrade? Haha) ...vinyl easier to clean, etc...hmm

no odd smells or anything?

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
wow, that’s a pretty bold thing to say, lol. I like it, I’m getting Badlands so this is stock on it...hmm, all this time I didn’t know if I should upgrade to leather (or would it be a downgrade? Haha) ...vinyl easier to clean, etc...hmm

no odd smells or anything?
Nope....smelled like a typical new car.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stitching is what keeps me coming back to Area 51. The orange in the BL decal/stitching/accessories compliments the Area 51 better that my original color combo of Velocity Blue and a white top (Ford’s already thrown that out the window too).
Also in the mix for what colors I’m considering. I was dead set on AMB but I don’t know how I feel with the gray fender flares on it. Back to the drawing board!
Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 1602352533028

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now compare those to the cloth seats for us ballers on a budget.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be helpful to some...

I live in Miami. I used to run the marketing department for a luxury center console boat company, so I had the chance to spend a lot of days on boats with marine vinyl seats for photo shoots and see lots of samples of different promo models. Never seen it in a car. Here's what I can offer:

- It can definitely be comfortable and feel a lot like leather.
- Darker colors get hotter in the sun, but not as dramatically so as some think.
- They felt great to sit on for extended drives in a bathing suit and tee, but I don't trust myself to not turn business casual clothes into a puddle of sweat on a hot day while driving to work. I'm leaning away from the BD and BL because of this.
- Quality can vary, so YMMV, but I've seen good quality seats be durable. Owners would bring in boats 5+ year old boats that sit out in the sun uncovered and the vinyl held up.
- They clean up really easily. Lots of fishermen frequently get blood on them and it hoses off.
Sponsored