Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am worried that my dog (big lab) won’t be able to enjoy the 2 door due to lack or rear cargo area and the complication of getting in the front via front folded seats

if somebody is there can you ask about this? Maybe ask ford if they can put dogs in the 2 door getting in and out?
Or maybe ask if there is a solution coming to level out the folded rear seats with the cargo area to give dogs room to lay down that is flat
Sponsored

Last edited:

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same concern about the 2-door for our greyhound. At this point, my wife and are thinking we’ll just need to remove the rear seats and essentially make our 2-door Bronco a 2-seater.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am worried that my dog (big lab) won’t be able to enjoy the 2 door due to lack or rear cargo area and the complication of getting in the front via front folded seats

if somebody is there can you ask about this? Maybe ask ford if they can put dogs in the 2 door getting in and out?
Or maybe ask if there is a solution coming to level out the folded rear seats with the cargo are to give dogs room to lay down that is flat
Rear seat Delete - Install plate system from Goose Gear. Your doggos will have the entire rear flat and level all to themselves like the King/Queen they are.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Or maybe ask if there is a solution coming to level out the folded rear seats with the cargo are to give dogs room to lay down that is flat
I mean really..what woud you expect Ford to say?
Go look at a 2 DR JL and see what you think..the 2DR Brocno just has a touch more room.
Goose Gear will be coming out with a flat plate system that will be great if you are willing to remove the seat seats. Thats my plan.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the Colorado event and looked over the 2-door Bronco over for a long time.

The 2-door is definitely not gonna work for me and my Boxers. Just not enough room...I actually was surprised how little room there was back there. If I was solo, I could make it work, but my pups come with me on the trails often and it just wouldn't work.

pupspike.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rear seat Delete - Install plate system from Goose Gear. Your doggos will have the entire rear flat and level all to themselves like the King/Queen they are.

Yes i was thinking this option too. However I would like to see ford at least try to demonstrate it.

Also if ford comes out with a "similar" tray/platform for the 2 door that allows the rear cargo to be the same height as the folded rear seats it solves a major problem

I dont want to get a 2 door just to have to seat delete when the 4 door has a tray that levels the area and you can just fold the seats flat when you need to

Im going to have this car for 10+ years i dont want to make a mistake you know?

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the Colorado event and looked over the 2-door Bronco over for a long time.

The 2-door is definitely not gonna work for me and my Boxers. Just not enough room...I actually was surprised how little room there was back there. If I was solo, I could make it work, but my pups come with me on the trails often and it just wouldn't work.

Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door pupspike
that really sucks

thats why i want ford to at least try to demonstrate it or at least give us some sort of platform in the back that makes the folded seat area flat.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with the seats folded, any dog worth it's kibble will deal with it and be happy. A lab or greyhound ought to be able to jump in from the open swing gate.

That plate system will be cool for overlanding with your dog/s... rover-landing? yuck yuck yuck.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

The cargo area that I saw is smaller than a proper crate for a large dog ( 60#'s + ). For my 80# dog I am thinking of dropping the split seat , loading her from the back and after she moves to the back seat, raise the other seat up. The dog will figure it out.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even with the seats folded, any dog worth it's kibble will deal with it and be happy. A lab or greyhound ought to be able to jump in from the open swing gate.

That plate system will be cool for overlanding with your dog/s... rover-landing? yuck yuck yuck.
well the problem is big dogs when they age they have hip problems. So if you have an uneven area with a 4 inch drop it could cause issues.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

well the problem is big dogs when they age they have hip problems. So if you have an uneven area with a 4 inch drop it could cause issues.
The Goose Gear plate system makes it flat.
It's not going to be cheap though.
Sounds like you'd be happier with the 4 DR Bronco.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goose Gear plate system makes it flat.
It's not going to be cheap though.
Sounds like you'd be happier with the 4 DR Bronco.
i really want the 2 door because it looks so much cooler but my dog not being able to enjoy the open air would be terrible

do you think the goose gear will be just a 2 seat delete or will it be a half delete too?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand the dilemma. I don't plan on any person ever riding in the back. The seats will come out and Goose Gear will have a plate system for a flat rear area and organized storage. My greyhound is a 15 year old tripod. I'll place his memory foam mattress over the flat area and he'll have it all to himself. It's just him and I.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haul my 2 mutts (55# and 65#) in my TJ all the time with the rear seat removed. My TJ is smaller than my dad’s 2-dr JK which should be slightly smaller than the 2-dr Bronco. Now I don’t take them trail riding. There wouldn’t be enough room with all my crap. Wish Ford had made a removable seat. I’m getting the 4-dr either way bc I’ve got a 4-yr old. I never get to take the Jeep when he and the wife are along and that’s going to change with the Bronco.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My .02 after staring at it yesterday and contemplating rear seat access for kids
No way big dog getting in back easily through front door
Rear gate - sure but you’d have to deal with some back seat flipping
Sponsored