395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i really want the 2 door because it looks so much cooler but my dog not being able to enjoy the open air would be terrible

do you think the goose gear will be just a 2 seat delete or will it be a half delete too?
The dogs will get used to the environment you place them in. I am dog lover myself and know that dogs will adapt. Now I am not suggesting to squeeze them into a space so small that they can't even get up and move around, but to worry about your dog enjoying an open air experience is overkill. Dogs will be happy just getting out and spending time with their owners.

I do believe Goose Gear will come out with a 100% flat rear plate system as well as 1/2 seat delete option.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dogs will get used to the environment you place them in. I am dog lover myself and know that dogs will adapt. Now I am not suggesting to squeeze them into a space so small that can't even get up and move around, but to worry about your dog enjoying an open air experience is overkill. Dogs will be happy just getting out and spending time with their owners.

I do believe Goose Gear will come out with a 100% flat rear plate system as well as 1/2 seat delete option.
k seems having an emergency seat would be a good idea.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a great dane will he fit in the 2dr haha I kid thats why I have the truck

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes i was thinking this option too. However I would like to see ford at least try to demonstrate it.

Also if ford comes out with a "similar" tray/platform for the 2 door that allows the rear cargo to be the same height as the folded rear seats it solves a major problem

I dont want to get a 2 door just to have to seat delete when the 4 door has a tray that levels the area and you can just fold the seats flat when you need to

Im going to have this car for 10+ years i dont want to make a mistake you know?
Not to be a smart ass, but sounds like you just answered your own question.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Goose gear for the rear seats if you really want your dogs to have room.

My dogs have never had a problem getting in any of my vehicles. Jump up front, then go the rear if someone else is riding in the passenger seat.

If your dog can't jump, get a ramp or pick them up. Load from the rear if they are 100lb+.

Sponsored

Thall551

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 2 Door - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Didn’t see your thread until after I left, but here is a photo that may give you some perspective. I think it would be pretty tight for a large dog getting in and out easily.
Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door 8CD344B1-5C8F-4577-8ACE-E516F6395E4D

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes i was thinking this option too. However I would like to see ford at least try to demonstrate it.

Also if ford comes out with a "similar" tray/platform for the 2 door that allows the rear cargo to be the same height as the folded rear seats it solves a major problem

I dont want to get a 2 door just to have to seat delete when the 4 door has a tray that levels the area and you can just fold the seats flat when you need to

Im going to have this car for 10+ years i dont want to make a mistake you know?

Many of us don't want a solution that actually makes the rear cargo area smaller. I have no interest in adding a false floor to the rear of my Bronco so it's flat. I'd much rather keep or gain space, not lose it, which is why Goose Gear is so appealing. Just take out one seat if you feel you need it.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn’t see your thread until after I left, but here is a photo that may give you some perspective. I think it would be pretty tight for a large dog getting in and out easily.
Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door 8CD344B1-5C8F-4577-8ACE-E516F6395E4D
hard to tell based on the camera lens but it seems roomy from passenger side.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us don't want a solution that actually makes the rear cargo area smaller. I have no interest in adding a false floor to the rear of my Bronco so it's flat. I'd much rather keep or gain space, not lose it, which is why Goose Gear is so appealing. Just take out one seat if you feel you need it.
based on the picture above , you will be losing vertical space anyway since the bottom bed of the truck is molded up above the rear cargo area to get around the wheel well. You will be losing vertical space anyway

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

based on the picture above , you will be losing vertical space anyway since the bottom bed of the truck is molded up above the rear cargo area to get around the wheel well. You will be losing vertical space anyway

You are not losing space by removing the rear seats.

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not losing space by removing the rear seats.
you made the argument that a 4 inch platform to level off the rear of the car with the folded seats would "take away space"

I just explained that if you go with goose gear , the rear area is going to be raised up because the wheel well is higher than the rear cargo area.

you are losing vertical space either way. Ford should offer a platform

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you made the argument that a 4 inch platform to level off the rear of the car with the folded seats would "take away space"

I just explained that if you go with goose gear , the rear area is going to be raised up because the wheel well is higher than the rear cargo area.

you are losing vertical space either way. Ford should offer a platform

I guess I'm not getting what you are saying. You will not lose space by removing the rear seats. I'm not following why you think you would. You will lose space if you add a platform behind the folded seats to bring the floor level to the back of the seats, which is what you seem to be advocating for. I'm not adding anything behind the rear seats, plus I'm removing the rear seats, where in that do I lose space?

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm not getting what you are saying. You will not lose space by removing the rear seats. I'm not following why you think you would. You will lose space if you add a platform behind the folded seats to bring the floor level to the back of the seats, which is what you seem to be advocating for. I'm not adding anything behind the rear seats, plus I'm removing the rear seats, where in that do I lose space?
the rear seats are sitting on top of the wheel well. They are at a high point of the vehicle.

The cargo space is below the wheel well. And 4 inches shorter.

For the goose gear to work. You remove the seats and raise up the platform 4 inches all around to clear the wheel well

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My .02 after staring at it yesterday and contemplating rear seat access for kids
No way big dog getting in back easily through front door
Rear gate - sure but you’d have to deal with some back seat flipping
In my TJ, my dogs jump up on the front seat then go over the armrest to the back. Is that possible?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the rear seats are sitting on top of the wheel well. They are at a high point of the vehicle.

The cargo space is below the wheel well. And 4 inches shorter.

For the goose gear to work. You remove the seats and raise up the platform 4 inches all around to clear the wheel well

I don't intend to add the sleep platform behind the rear seats. The Goose Gear for my FJ only covered the rear seats and the rear platform was a separate piece. All I'm doing is removing the rear seats and covering them with a flat platform.
Sponsored