Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez, pay attention. Once again, pizza proof seats are only available on the lux package. Pineapple proof seats are limited to BD and BL trims. And not with a manual nor the 2.7L engine. ?
I plan on much pineapple in my BL, but hearing about the 2.7 makes me wonder. I feel bad for the other trims that are not pineapple proof at any cost. Well, maybe not. :devilish:

Wait, are you saying that the 2.7 is too much for a pineapple pizza to stay put on a marine-grade vinyl seat vs cloth? So it's 2.3 automatic only to ensure safe handling of the pizza transport? I'd like to see the numbers on that hypothesis.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On a boat, sure. The panels come off easily and can be replaced. A car seat is different and I imagine your average ford dealership doesn't have upholsters on staff.

I worked for a manufacturer, and if boats would come in for service we could call the local upholsterer (this guy does upholstery for many makes) and ask him to make a new piece or come by to work on the boat. That's a luxury you likely won't have with a ford dealership.
Eh, turned in my work vehicle for a hole in the seat, they pulled the entire seat and sent it to a shop and replaced the one panel. Vinyl seat came back with same coffee stains as it left with but the one panel was new.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the insight. I’m curious as the 5+ years roll on and the seats start showing their wear and tear. Say a fisherman’s fishing pole or hook gets caught and damages a seat, is it easy to repair?
We have had my boat for years and it has a cover on it when it isnt in use but it has been 9 years of pretty regular use (central florida) there are loads of patches and kits for it especially with how large the marine market is, in 9 years we have only had to do one repair and it was a breeze, they feel like real leather and work great. What I would wholeheartedly recommend though is vinyl treatment, boating stores or even home depot have this stuff it is like a moisturizer and uv protectant for your vinyl seats and it is very effective.

OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have had my boat for years and it has a cover on it when it isnt in use but it has been 9 years of pretty regular use (central florida) there are loads of patches and kits for it especially with how large the marine market is, in 9 years we have only had to do one repair and it was a breeze, they feel like real leather and work great. What I would wholeheartedly recommend though is vinyl treatment, boating stores or even home depot have this stuff it is like a moisturizer and uv protectant for your vinyl seats and it is very effective.
Have any experience or advice for those opting into the vinyl seats who are from the North East/North Mid-West? I’m curious how it’ll handle in sub freezing or even below zero degrees.

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have any experience or advice for those opting into the vinyl seats who are from the North East/North Mid-West? I’m curious how it’ll handle in sub freezing or even below zero degrees.
I got nothing for you in that regards bro sorry, but I would still recommend that treatment stuff, from what I understand it keeps it from drying out as well as protecting from UV rays, the stuff my family uses is called star brite boat guard but there are a ton of options

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just wondering if it's only available in black

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For everyone looking at vinyl conditioners and cleaners, we use Bling Sauce on my dad's MasterCraft. It was recommended by the dealer and it is also what a good friend of mine uses on his boat regularly. He is a pro bass fisherman and runs his boat HARD so I trust his opinion.

We haven't used anything but the Vinyl Sauce and Condition Sauce and they have been great. One thing to note is that the conditioner stays a little bit greasy right after you apply it so I would recommend letting it sit for a while to soak and then giving it another wipe down with a clean rag before you sit on the seats again. I haven't stained any clothing when I haven't done this, but the seats feel slick. Almost like they are covered in soap especially when they get wet again.

I also want to note that my dad's boat has a jet black interior and he put about 180 hours on it this summer and has held up fantastic. If Ford has used good materials, I would expect the same.

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Thread 1604870388671
Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Thread 1604870415890

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Thread dd92a945bb0049fd813938a8d81953c5

Brian s

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For everyone looking at vinyl conditioners and cleaners, we use Bling Sauce on my dad's MasterCraft. It was recommended by the dealer and it is also what a good friend of mine uses on his boat regularly. He is a pro bass fisherman and runs his boat HARD so I trust his opinion.

We haven't used anything but the Vinyl Sauce and Condition Sauce and they have been great. One thing to note is that the conditioner stays a little bit greasy right after you apply it so I would recommend letting it sit for a while to soak and then giving it another wipe down with a clean rag before you sit on the seats again. I haven't stained any clothing when I haven't done this, but the seats feel slick. Almost like they are covered in soap especially when they get wet again.

I also want to note that my dad's boat has a jet black interior and he put about 180 hours on it this summer and has held up fantastic. If Ford has used good materials, I would expect the same.

Curious too see how hot that vinyl gets in full sun?

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious too see how hot that vinyl gets in full sun?
It actually doesn't get that hot. It's MasterCraft's Cool Feel Vinyl and I think it works because of the texture. I believe it creates more surface area allowing it to be cooled faster by a light breeze or simply by running the boat. When the boat is still in full sun and it's 90 degrees outside it get's hot, but never any hotter than standard white vinyl and in my opinion still much cooler. Surprisingly, the hottest thing on that boat is the light gray flooring. We really love it and I know some other manufacturers offer something similar.

It doesn't look like Ford is using this kind of technology on their seats, but it would be nice!

Brian s

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It actually doesn't get that hot. It's MasterCraft's Cool Feel Vinyl and I think it works because of the texture. I believe it creates more surface area allowing it to be cooled faster by a light breeze or simply by running the boat. When the boat is still in full sun and it's 90 degrees outside it get's hot, but never any hotter than standard white vinyl and in my opinion still much cooler. Surprisingly, the hottest thing on that boat is the light gray flooring. We really love it and I know some other manufacturers offer something similar.

It doesn't look like Ford is using this kind of technology on their seats, but it would be nice!
Thanks for feedback! That stuff sounds awesome, I agree I wish that would use that material! I am in Florida and just concerned in it scortching me! Love the color and durability...trade off's!!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How does it feel to the touch - that is the same stuff - it appears on the door rests and center console of my Land Rover Discovery - does it feel like 3000 grit sandpaper that has been used?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it feel to the touch - that is the same stuff - it appears on the door rests and center console of my Land Rover Discovery - does it feel like 3000 grit sandpaper that has been used?
I think the texture is a bit heavier than that, but it is extremely soft. I found this picture on one of the MasterCraft forums and you can see the texture up close. The owner of this boat managed to puncture the vinyl, but you can see how it looks like it is woven rather than looking like sandpaper.

I won't be able to get more pictures of my dad's boat until it comes out of storage this spring, but that is nearly identical. I think they may have changed the pattern since then (2017 pictured whereas my dad's is a 2019), but the size and depth of the patten is about the same. For scale, that hole is probably about the size of the tip of my pinky or smaller.

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Thread 1607005628056

EDIT: Same guy posted another picture of a different hole in the vinyl a little farther away. This is the same boat.

Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl Thread 1607006139662

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Philly, the material in those pictures looks great, hopefully Ford is using something similar.
Sponsored