Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waffling, to be honest. The B&P will be the true determining factor. I may go with a Badlands instead of a Wildtrak, but, since I don't intend to do any rock crawling it feels like I'd not be using it to it's full capacity and paying for features I'd never truly utilize. So, I'm torn.

That washout interior and Vinyl, however? I can definitely make use of that during the muddy, slushy seasons here.
Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta wait for the B&P. Wildtrak already comes with the 2.7+Sasquatch+Painted shadow black top. Only thing I don't like is the carpet. You can bet a Badlands with just the motor and squatch added will already surpass the WT base price. Anyone who has ever bought an F150 knows how Ford prices and trims work.
Yeah.. But you gotta get rid of those plastic bumpers. No sway bar disconnect, No heavy duty bash plate, no rock rails. The Wildtrak is nice. But I'd rather have a fully optioned Badlands.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not want nor need the swaybar disconnect, rock rails, modular steel bumpers and upgraded bash plates. I ONLY want the rubberized floors, So, I find myself paying a very high price to get those floors indeed. After I add back the 2.7, Sas, shadow black hard top, and High pkg to BL, Iā€™m 3k over the (WT + High). ...based on those survey prices.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved a WildTrak but definitely getting the Badlands. I donā€™t want the painted black grill, painted Mirror caps and I do want the rock rails, sway bar and bash plates and steel bumpers. Iā€™d also prefer the vinyl (standard on BL) to the cloth (standard on WT), but leaning to leather. Also Iā€™m getting Oxford white with Body color top and you canā€™t do that on WildTrak (Ford site only says painted black). Still deciding if I want to squatch or not. If I donā€™t Iā€˜ll get the optional BL wheels with the carbonized grey beadlock capable wheels and 33 MTs and then maybe put my own 35s on those rims. Badlands for sure...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10076

Wait, for all the people here who said they are switching to Badlands, no one really explained the reason (besides the sway bar). Are you just doing it because adding all the options on the Badlands will still be cheaper than the Wildtrak?
I might change from wildtrak not just because cheaper I really don't care for price but if they don't have washable floor and seats on wildtrak I might be out

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved the Wildtrak before I had a good understanding of the packages. I will be dropping to the base level, Sasquatch with manual, auxiliary switches, and steel bumpers (factory if available, aftermarket if not.)

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm planning to add rock rails/sliders as a DOI. I've decided to keep the plastic bumpers and get the fog lights wired from factory - then simply replace the plastic bumpers with aftermarket if I tear them up...

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah.. But you gotta get rid of those plastic bumpers. No sway bar disconnect, No heavy duty bash plate, no rock rails. The Wildtrak is nice. But I'd rather have a fully optioned Badlands.
I think the purpose of the Wildtrak model is to appeal to people who want an off-road capable vehicle for unexpected driving scenarios or occasional light hill climbing, but have no use for rock-climbing adventure because they will never do it. Hence the fancy painted top and grill. I'm in this category.

I can see why people who opted for the "most expensive" trim are angered that it's not really the most capable model.