Sponsored

¡ Bronco Will Not Get A Disconnecting Sway Bar !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because one month after they hit the sales floor and the 1% who bought it and took it straight to the trail and post videos showing it unable to compete stock for stock with a wrangler will turn off many potential buyers?

this isn’t what I hope happens, but if the bronco can’t keep up with the wrangler, it is what will happen.
“Stock Bronco can’t keep up with modified Wranglers”. Cool.
Most people modify their Wranglers to go on heavy trails.

2% of Wranglers are rubicons. So ~4,000 a year? And what percentage of those go on a hardcore trail? 20% so MAYBE 800 people take a newer rubicon modify it for trails.
I think ford could care less about those 800 people out of 200,000 sales
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trend setters and builders of image and cache are the worst. No one cares about them.

I mean its not like auto shows like SEMA are full of highly modified vehicles that draw in aspirational buyers. Everyone knows those are for displaying stock vehicles that will be used as daily drivers by the masses.

:turkey:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Stock Bronco can’t keep up with modified Wranglers”. Cool.
Most people modify their Wranglers to go on heavy trails.

2% of Wranglers are rubicons. So ~4,000 a year? And what percentage of those go on a hardcore trail? 20% so MAYBE 800 people take a newer rubicon modify it for trails.
A) I said stock for stock

and those few that do it are what sells the image the rest buy. I really dont understand why that is so hard of a concept to get.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guy who posted this troll thread calling others a troll. :crazy:

Buddy, you need to sharpen your definition of "truth" and "fact" (emphasis mine).
Selective emphasis and focusing on those words out of context is how you got to that conclusion. I was very clear that it was supposition based on a tactical interpretation of unusual behavior.

Better luck next time.

The fact that these two trolls are so desperately trying to discredit the quotes and distract from the conclusion would suggest that they're trying to cover up the truth or protect their failure to adhere to confidentiality after the fact ...

All of these desperate trolling posts just lend that much more credence to what I've said. You guys are terrible strategists.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It absolutely has a disconnect for sway bar It is offered on the warthog addition...
They also operate 37" tire.... guys get information correct please
My 2 cents. This is the 2nd time if heard the term “Warthog” and saw 37” tires mentioned. 1st time was at dinner a few weeks ago with some wheeling buddies and a guy who’s a sales director for a pretty known off-road brand offering OEM parts for the bronco. Take it with a grain of salt but that’s the only 2 times I’ve seen them mentioned and those are pretty specific items to mention. Once from a stranger on the internet and once from a guy I met personally 700 miles away.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 cents. This is the 2nd time if heard the term “warthog” and saw 37” tires mentioned. 1st time was at dinner a few weeks ago with some wheeling buddies and a guy who’s a sales director for a pretty known off-road brand offering OEM parts for the bronco. Take it with a grain of salt but that’s the only 2 times I’ve seen them mentioned and those are pretty specific items to mention. Once from a stranger on the internet and once from a guy I met personally 700 miles away.
I think it looks more like a puma.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
A) I said stock for stock

and those few that do it are what sells the image the rest buy. I really dont understand why that is so hard of a concept to get.
Once again stock vs stock only people that will care about that are hardcore Jeep Wrangler fan boys that will stroke their own dick about It.

and i said before it doesn’t need to be a rock crawler to get the people’s attention. jumping threw the desert and on some rocky Moab style trails will get the people plenty excited. It does wonders for the Raptor.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once again stock vs stock only people that will care about that are hardcore Jeep Wrangler fan boys that will stroke their own dick about It.

and i said before it doesn’t need to be a rock crawler to get the people’s attention. jumping threw the desert and on some rocky Moab style trails will get the people plenty excited. It does wonders for the Raptor.
The Bronco's basic geometry and physics make it an inherently poor choice for high speed like the Raptor lineup ... a short wheelbase Bronco is better suited to slow technical off roading, and that style of use is better served by SFA and a disconnecting sway bar.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So......Fords plan for the Bronco is to cannibalize sales from the Raptor?

good business decision.

And no, most of us want something that can compete with jeep because we don’t want a Jeep. We want a Ford. But we want a Ford that isn’t a poser.

we want something good enough to create the cult like following Jeep has, and good enough to erode their cult some.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco's basic geometry and physics make it an inherently poor choice for high speed like the Raptor lineup ... a short wheelbase Bronco is better suited to slow technical off roading, and that style of use is better served by SFA and a disconnecting sway bar.
once again how many are going to be the short wheel base 2 door? 10% 15%? Not enough to care!

and do you really think all 240,000 people who buy a wrangler care about rock crawling capabilities??? NOPE. That number will shrink big time

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So......Fords plan for the Bronco is to cannibalize sales from the Raptor?

good business decision.

And no, most of us want something that can compete with jeep because we don’t want a Jeep. We want a Ford. But we want a Ford that isn’t a poser.

we want something good enough to create the cult like following Jeep has, and good enough to erode their cult some.
It will definitely make (has) its own fallowing. Plenty of Bronco fans here in “Jeepville” Toledo.

it won’t be as big of a cult as the Wrangler because nothing will. But definitely going to eat up those 240,000/year sales. (300,000+ with gladiator)

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

what part of long arm long travel suspension with fox shocks and 35” tires isn’t off road worthy.
Because you never see 4 runners and Tacoma’s and rangers and frontiers on the MoAB right?
Since when is the Bronco going with a long travel setup?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly I can disconnect the sway bar with a wrench in about 2 minutes HAHA so that don't bother me. I just hope that it will hold up to those 35's that were on the mule. 37's will be just a spring spacer away. the a 3"lift might get ya in the 40 range that is asking a lot for a OEM IFS setup.
They gotta' know people are gonna wanna lift it when they get, just to make theirs different. If you look at the Ranger lift kit it is 6" and takes the tire from say 32 to 35. so you got a Bronco with 35's and a 6" kit should get you somewhere north of 37's. These kits usually reuse the factory stuff just space the crossmembers lower. That is asking a lot of those A-arms even though they do look beefier than the 4 door mule's aluminum ones.
Don’t even give people dreams of 37’s on the front suspension we’ve seen.
ever see what happens to the 2500 and 3500 chevys with 37’s off-road?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

:computerrage:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don’t even give people dreams of 37’s on the front suspension we’ve seen.
ever see what happens to the 2500 and 3500 chevys with 37’s off-road?

Sorry buddy but the truth is in the pics we have already seen with the cammo mule. Drop that cradle 3-4 " and the next (common) size tire from 35 is 37.

And yes I have seen HD Chevys with 37's. The shop's previous owner has an 05 2500HD with a Cognito lift and 40's with RCV axles in it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.