U725 2021 MY Ford Bronco Information

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At least January is half gone, and February is a short month.
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That would be better. I'm a planner. I need as much time as possible before launch to plan lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Carmaker1

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, myself and my partner found ourselves in a bit of a testy trap regarding my last (tipsy) post. I wasn't going to post again.

I am not involved with anything U725, but my SO is involved with USA side of things T6... Not gonna jeopardize their career by being careless. The little work I do is related to T3 "family land yachts". ;)

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, myself and my partner found ourselves in a bit of a testy trap regarding my last (tipsy) post. I wasn't going to post again.

I am not involved with anything U725, but my SO is involved with USA side of things T6... Not gonna jeopardize their career by being careless. The little work I do is related to T3 "family land yachts". ;)
Drinking and posting is *bad*.

Yeah, endangering one's means of income ain't worth it. The Bronco will be made public when Ford decides to make it public - for better or for worse. We all criticize the "strategy" on marketing, but it's their baby, their house, their rules. Ford doesn't "owe" any potential future customers anything. We're going to buy it or not, and that fact wouldn't be any different if they were giving us a daily summary complete with pictures, videos, and employee interviews. Thanks for what you've done, but none of us here are going to replace somebody's lost income because they posted some facts that will be made public in three months anyways.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drinking and posting is *bad*.

Yeah, endangering one's means of income ain't worth it. The Bronco will be made public when Ford decides to make it public - for better or for worse. We all criticize the "strategy" on marketing, but it's their baby, their house, their rules. Ford doesn't "owe" any potential future customers anything. We're going to buy it or not, and that fact wouldn't be any different if they were giving us a daily summary complete with pictures, videos, and employee interviews. Thanks for what you've done, but none of us here are going to replace somebody's lost income because they posted some facts that will be made public in three months anyways.
RE: Carmaker1
I'll join in on thanking you also. Your insight into the industry as a whole, not just the U725 stuff, is fascinating.
I feel like I've learned a lot of "behind the scenes" info, like marketing timing, and how info is released, design and production timelines etc.

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hell ya we're getting the V6 2.7L Ecoboost from the F-150? Is it too much to hope for the 325hp / 400 lb-ft it generates in the 2018 F-150?

Bless you @Carmaker1 :rockon:
Ford has listed V6 and 2.3 . Is there a chance for the V6 to include the 3.5?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has listed V6 and 2.3 . Is there a chance for the V6 to include the 3.5?
Ford hasn't listed anything. People are just making edumacated guesses.

Based on what little we know from leaks and pictures of prototypes the third generation aluminum 3.0L twin turbo ecoboost is looking like the most probable V6, but what trims it would be available in are a total mystery.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford hasn't listed anything. People are just making edumacated guesses.

Based on what little we know from leaks and pictures of prototypes the third generation aluminum 3.0L twin turbo ecoboost is looking like the most probable V6, but what trims it would be available in are a total mystery.
What makes it likely that it would be the 3.0 over the 2.7L? I haven't seen that discussion.. I would be happy with either...

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What makes it likely that it would be the 3.0 over the 2.7L? I haven't seen that discussion.. I would be happy with either...
One of the insiders at BOF explicitly said it wouldn't be the 2.7, and that we needed to 'think bigger' and 'think lincoln/explorer' ... both of which imply the 3.0s in those models. The 2.7 and 3.0 do share a number of physical features though, and the pictures of the engine in the R prototype showed enough detail to pin that down to one of those.

Not 100% certainty, but enough to redirect the presumption that they'd just take a F150 block.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One of the insiders at BOF explicitly said it wouldn't be the 2.7, and that we needed to 'think bigger' and 'think lincoln/explorer' ... both of which imply the 3.0s in those models. The 2.7 and 3.0 do share a number of physical features though, and the pictures of the engine in the R prototype showed enough detail to pin that down to one of those.

Not 100% certainty, but enough to redirect the presumption that they'd just take a F150 block.
Just looked at specs- So somewhere between 335 (2.7L) and 400 horsepower (3.0L) and close to 400lbft for either. Those are great numbers. Of course more is better, and that is coming from a guy who has 600hp on 26' boat.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dont care about peak numbers. Its the area under both curves for me. A manual transmission as an option would be nice and at least a rear diff that locks. Looking for something for dual duty a 50 mile each way interstate commute and the ability to haul two herding dogs down craptastic farm roads and to the back forty. Not interested in rock crawling but something similar to Jeep's Gladiator Mojave but in a SUV with AC and a rear seat that folds flat for crates.

Dave

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dont care about peak numbers. Its the area under both curves for me. A manual transmission as an option would be nice and at least a rear diff that locks. Looking for something for dual duty a 50 mile each way interstate commute and the ability to haul two herding dogs down craptastic farm roads and to the back forty. Not interested in rock crawling but something similar to Jeep's Gladiator Mojave but in a SUV with AC and a rear seat that folds flat for crates.

Dave
well if you don’t care about peak numbers you’ll LOVE! the Ecoboost. Either v6 the 90+% of torque comes on at 2200 rpm and lasts all the way to Redline at around 7500

vs a N/A motor like the pentastar or even the 5.0 Coyote. Don’t kick90% till over 4000 rpm
Sponsored