Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96’ wrangler, 18’ GTI, 20’ 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This chap seems like he’d be better suited doing door to door for alarms with that crappy whining. (I love d2d, have done doors myself, and work in an industry that still uses doors as a way of finding leads. But the tactics they use for alarms are just sad)
Sponsored

Last edited:

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least in my area the dealer or salesperson is not my friend; they want to sell me a vehicle or service my vehicle. They will service it no matter where I buy it, so I will buy it where I can get the best deal.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you may have missed the whole point. Sadly, your Bronco won't stay new and trouble free forever. Most of us want a dealer we can count on to take care of us when the need arises with a minimum of fuss, give a loaner vehicle free of charge and not tell you "we can try to squeeze you in in 2 weeks" because they don't know you from Adam. Those are the kind of things a trustworthy dealer will give you. That's my experience anyway, actually 11 of them at the same dealer.
I would never take my vehicle to a dealer for them to work on it unless it was under warranty and I was required to do so. I have an excellent mechanic and he is the one I trust. In fact, when my EGR went out the first time on my diesel, I took it to him first, and then went to the dealer to make sure they fixed it correctly.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you may have missed the whole point. Sadly, your Bronco won't stay new and trouble free forever. Most of us want a dealer we can count on to take care of us when the need arises with a minimum of fuss, give a loaner vehicle free of charge and not tell you "we can try to squeeze you in in 2 weeks" because they don't know you from Adam. Those are the kind of things a trustworthy dealer will give you. That's my experience anyway, actually 11 of them at the same dealer.
Which dealer? I absolutely hate both Ford dealers in Tucson (the two owners are even related).
Most of my Ford-Only friends make the 2-hour drive to Phoenix for buying their cars (and a few even go up there for the regularly scheduled maintenance). I'm often in Phoenix and would love to know which guys you are having such a good relationship with.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About the only perk that's worth anything is some dealerships will give you a car while you are getting serviced if you buy from them. But around here, that's going to be a German dealership.

With a lot of these dealerships having a dedicated person, I think they will know a lot more than usual on the vehicle. But, everyone on here is going to know a lot more than most sales people. We are going to know down to the bumper/winch/light setup/wheels/tires we want exactly.
This is so true. I probably wouldn't be able to get a loaner from a dealer down the road to my house, anyway. I don't live on pavement. We don't have that luxurious dealer loaner thing in my area, anyway except for Mercedes.

When I called my dealer to discuss the Bronco, I felt like he wanted to get off of the phone because I knew more about it than he did. He promised to call me back about the latest Ford information, and I haven't heard from him after over a week. Why do I need to by loyal to them?

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait what? Sounds like this guy is telling me the extra he WANTS me to pay is to cover him BEING MY FRIEND? WTF? I haven't had to pay for friends in like 35-40 years, I'm NOT starting back up ?

So yeah, sounds like typical dealer bullshit... pick me pick me... I'm the Greatest!! smh

Oh and BTW... 1st Edition MSRP to Invoice is like $2,100 NOT $1,300. So if he wants to whine about shit in his little video, at least get his numbers right. Which he also doesn't include holdback, so they are making money, even on below invoice deals.

Edit: I see people mention stuff like his trail tips...and other stuff... Has anyone talked to a Ford dealer since July 13th that has actually had MORE information than you yet? Because I haven't even come close to it, I feel like I'M the one holding a Ford training seminar when I'm on the phone with them!
I've bought 12 cars in my life and owned 4 Jeeps. Never once thought about asking the dealer where trails are or anything else other than if something was broken.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which dealer? I absolutely hate both Ford dealers in Tucson (the two owners are even related).
Most of my Ford-Only friends make the 2-hour drive to Phoenix for buying their cars (and a few even go up there for the regularly scheduled maintenance). I'm often in Phoenix and would love to know which guys you are having such a good relationship with.
Sanderson

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger probably added 684 reservations at 12:01am on October 1. ??
Not quite... ;)

His optimism, possible realism though, is that he expects B&P sometime in Dec with maybe dealer switching moved to Jan.
I do not know where he heard that from but it was not Ford...

Remember at first you could not change dealers before, at first they were only going to allow the early timestamps however they decided that would not be good... Only because of the opening night fiasco...

So do not hope for date to be set back...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not quite... ;)

I do not know where he heard that from but it was not Ford...

Remember at first you could not change dealers before, at first they were only going to allow the early timestamps however they decided that would not be good... Only because of the opening night fiasco...

So do not hope for date to be set back...
No-no. What he said, other than the cancellation of the Sport training (which could be schlock, I have no way of knowing) was pure speculation on his part. That he seemed up front about that feeling, and him knowing that I was not reserved at his shop, is uplifting to me.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No-no. What he said, other than the cancellation of the Sport training (which could be schlock, I have no way of knowing) was pure speculation on his part. That he seemed up front about that feeling, and him knowing that I was not reserved at his shop, is uplifting to me.

Sorry misunderstood, thanks for the clarification... (y)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha I have never met a dealer in my life that cared about my well being. I had to take my challenger in for an issue and my only option was to drop it off overnight because I work Monday-Friday. I had to have my wife drive there and then take me home and then drive me back. I got in the car and drove home and realized the issue still wasn’t fixed.

I imagine I can get that stellar service without buying a car from the local dealer.

Last edited:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought about calling him out online publicly because I'm pretty sure I found him but I wouldn't want him to lose his job when he didn't say anything horrible, just typical unbecoming behavior. I worked for Nissan for four years and don't approve of what he said as it isn't true by and large. There's hold back, monthly New car sales bonuses (can be 50-150k), holding on rate, holding on trade, upselling extended service contracts (warranty) for gross, maintenance plans, etc.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha I have never met a dealer in my life that cared about my well being. I had to take my challenger in for an issue and my only option was to drop it off overnight because I work Monday-Friday. I had to have my wife drive there and then take me gone and then drive me back. I got in the car and drove home and realized the issue still wasn’t fixed.

I imagine I can get that stellar service without buying a car from the local dealer.
I can only tell you what works for me. Someone will always try to challenge that with their opinion.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can only tell you what works for me. Someone will always try to challenge that with their opinion.
Experience, not opinion.
Sponsored