First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was 100% Wildtrak but I want the grey hardtop and grill. Interestingly enough, the spec sheet shows the Wildtrak comes with the grey grill which I think is no longer true.

The 4-door Badlands comes with a soft-top standard. I don't want a soft-top so I wonder if B&P will allow you to replace the soft-top with the grey hard top?

Also, I am afraid building a BL to WT specs will be thousands more. GRRRR!

B&P will answer lots of questions when it goes live.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the MIC top is absolutely better than you think.
This seems to be the biggest mystery since Heraldo opened Al Capone's vault.

The US production facility for both MIC and Modular tops is still under construction...so I don't know that Any of the pre-pro tops we're seeing are representative. I've read that some MIC pre-pro tops originally came from Germany...and also that Ford has changed the color spec once or more.

I think the MIC top 'look' really influences optimal body color...as does the surface area difference in 2-door versus 4-door. I've also noted that Ford has eliminated the body-colored Modular option on many trims since the July reveal.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been haunted by AMB, no other way to put it. Off again, on again. But it does seem very dark and sort of purple in that factory photo. But if you listen to the audio on the video of the AMB jerry can, the lady says it all, Beautiful color if there is sun or under a street light. Decisions, decisions...
I feel your pain! My 95 Wrangler and my 2005 Z71 were both dark blue, so AMB was an obvious first choice. It is VERY dark and my fear on the Wildtrak with black top, fenders and rims, it’s going to all be very bland and wash together. I’m not really happy that they are offering Lightning Blue to only FE. I thought the point of limited release is to get buyers to upgrade... not really an option here.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the review. It’s great hearing multiple options and viewpoints. I think I’m right there with you on the 4D BL a51. Really excited to hear the finish and presence comments. Hurry up June (or July or August or whenever they finally get to mine..)!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was all in on VB. But ford rep said as of today it is still delayed delivery. I love it but not enough to wait. I really liked the look of A51 as well, but my wife didn't like it. Back in color choice hell. Maybe AMB?
Sounds like a conflict from what @irv0735 posted from the Brand Manager at SuperCel West :
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a conflict from what @irv0735 posted from the Brand Manager at SuperCel West :
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
Yah. I got conflicting messages from the two reps that were there on the sound deadening package. I'm hoping my guy was wrong. He was the highest ranked guy there on that day. Dont remember who he was, but he was complaining on the number of meetings he has had to go to on the B&P.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel your pain! My 95 Wrangler and my 2005 Z71 were both dark blue, so AMB was an obvious first choice. It is VERY dark and my fear on the Wildtrak with black top, fenders and rims, it’s going to all be very bland and wash together. I’m not really happy that they are offering Lightning Blue to only FE. I thought the point of limited release is to get buyers to upgrade... not really an option here.
I could not agree more on the Lightning Blue. Blue is the Ford color so I am disappointed that shades like LB were not immediately available and to everyone, not just the FE buyers. I know what you mean about the black top and details being different than the AMB. In some lighting conditions people are going to be looking at it trying to figure out if the top and the body are the same or different. I think if I go with AMB, it will be the whole vehicle instead of black top, blue body for that reason. Of course I will change my mind a dozen times today so it does,t matter!

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up!

So the CO looks like a school bus in pictures but looks more yellow/gold in person?
Absolutely it does. It’s still a yellow more than orange but that pearl completely changes it on curves when in light. I was surprised by it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with your statements and observations. I did not think I was going to like the finish of the MIC top and was planning on going black painted but to be honest I really like the way it looks. As for the Area 51 color, I had a zero chance of wanting that color. After seeing it on that 4 door I was floored when I walked up on it. With these black wheels and accessories it looked damn good!

I've also been 2 door since the start but the way that 4 door was set up had me thinking. It looked incredible.

As for the 2 door I was really disappointed by the way it was set up. I don't know if it was the tube doors or the lack of 35's but something about it had me a little miffed. I still can't quite put a finger on why. I think all the stuff on it made making heads or tails of the dimensions a little difficult; especially with tube doors. Maybe it was being all black which is to me a horrible choice. With all the accessories it looked like putting caviar on microwaved biscuit from a gas station with crack heads outside.

Anyway, pics:

Ford Bronco My opinions from going to Super Cel East 2020 Bronco01

Ford Bronco My opinions from going to Super Cel East 2020 Bronco02

Ford Bronco My opinions from going to Super Cel East 2020 Bronco03

Ford Bronco My opinions from going to Super Cel East 2020 Bronco04

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with your statements and observations. I did not think I was going to like the finish of the MIC top and was planning on going black painted but to be honest I really like the way it looks. As for the Area 51 color, I had a zero chance of wanting that color. After seeing it on that 4 door I was floored when I walked up on it. With these black wheels and accessories it looked damn good!

I've also been 2 door since the start but the way that 4 door was set up had me thinking. It looked incredible.

As for the 2 door I was really disappointed by the way it was set up. I don't know if it was the tube doors or the lack of 35's but something about it had me a little miffed. I still can't quite put a finger on why. I think all the stuff on it made making heads or tails of the dimensions a little difficult; especially with tube doors. Maybe it was being all black which is to me a horrible choice. With all the accessories it looked like putting caviar on microwaved biscuit from a gas station with crack heads outside.

Anyway, pics:

That black top really completes the look. I couldn't imagine me buying without that.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Anyway, pics:

I agree the A51 looked great. Your 4 door pic really represents the aggressive stance as it looked in person. As for the 2 door, its wheel track is 2" less on smaller tires and I thinks it makes it look much more narrower. The lack of contrast with the fender flares doesn't help

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That black top really completes the look. I couldn't imagine me buying without that.
I'm wondering how many trims will enjoy the Modular option....Ford seems to be eliminating them left & right

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for feedback!

Seeing them in person, how did the 33’s compare to the 35’s in terms of looks? I’m going badlands but struggling to determine if 33’s will look too small on the 4-door or if the 35’s are worth the upgrade (and price). I’m no experienced off roader so 33’s will be more than I’ll ever need, I just wouldn’t want to regret not upgrading to Sasquatch.
35s will fit on stock Badlands without lift. The 4 door model didnt have squatch suspension and it had 35s.
Sponsored