Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Joe i dont doubt your measurements..i just cant see it being sooo long...time will tell
Agreed, something doesn't line up. It can't be 16' long, have minimal overhangs, and also have the ~112" wheelbase that we've measured reliably. Those three datapoints conflict with each other.
Sponsored

Reactions: BE_

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To provide a comparison, my 2007 4Runner is almost exactly 16 feet long (15.767 feet), with a 109.8" wheelbase. If you were to stretch the wheelbase by a few inches in relation to the overall length, you might get pretty close to the overhangs Sunny Joe describes.
1581886282255.png
The 4Runner is just under 16 feet long including the bumpers. If the Bronco is 16' before the bumpers and spare tire are added, then a 112" wheelbase would give it at least as much overhang as you have on the 4Runner, as far as I can tell.

Hawk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 4Runner is just under 16 feet long including the bumpers. If the Bronco is 16' before the bumpers and spare tire are added, then a 112" wheelbase would give it at least as much overhang as you have on the 4Runner, as far as I can tell.
Maybe so. We kind of have the parable of the blind men and the elephant going on right now.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, something doesn't line up. It can't be 16' long, have minimal overhangs, and also have the ~112" wheelbase that we've measured reliably. Those three datapoints conflict with each other.
An Escape is 180.5" (15') with a 107" wheelbase, so the body of a Bronco being approximately 16' and 112" doesn't seem unreasonable. I suspect there just aren't going to be large protruding bumpers or a cavernous space between the fascia and radiator to blow that number out further.

https://www.ford.com/suvs-crossovers/escape/models/escape-se/

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

An Escape is 180.5" (15') with a 107" wheelbase, so the body of a Bronco being approximately 16' and 112" doesn't seem unreasonable. I suspect there just aren't going to be large protruding bumpers or a cavernous space between the fascia and radiator to blow that number out further.

baby bronco (escape based) over the shadow of the 4 door bronco bronco.

baby bronco is the escape which is 15' long

baby bronco length with bumpers is the same as the bronco bronco without bumpers.

beonco bronco sheet metal is not 16', it is 15'
Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell 652532

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Fair enough. I guess I'm just surprised that it's going to be a fair bit longer in body than a 4 door wrangler, but with a shorter wheelbase. Doesn't lend itself to good approach/departure numbers, which are important for the on paper matchups if nothing else.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
baby bronco length with bumpers is the same as the bronco bronco without bumpers.

beonco bronco sheet metal is not 16', it is 15'
ORLY?

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell orly

Those front ends look pretty flat.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair enough. I guess I'm just surprised that it's going to be a fair bit longer in body than a 4 door wrangler
Another thing caught mt eye was his statement that the Bronco width was considerably more than Ranger

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact that you can see the front end of the BroncoBronco in front of the baby from the perspective of this image tells you it is longer ...

It is probably longer on the rear too, but the perspective of the image precludes making a good detrmination on that end ... but you can still see the bumper sticking out past the baby by a few inches.

Ford Bronco My observations from seeing see the actual 4-door Bronco raw, unpainted sheet metal shell orly

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After all this, nobody ever got @Sunny Joe ‘s shoe size!!

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more details that are added the more it's odd, plus when someone else said they work with bronco and says he is wrong is adds to fishyness, this is the internet and all of you could be secretly sea otters pretending to be human.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The more details that are added the more it's odd, plus when someone else said they work with bronco and says he is wrong is adds to fishyness, this is the internet and all of you could be secretly sea otters pretending to be human.
I wish I was as cute as an otter.
Sponsored