First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
sorry don't see the 'manual will get more' philosophy...

https://www.carmax.com/cars/wrangler/manual-6-speed.
https://www.carmax.com/cars/wrangler/automatic

All auto prices are higher than manuals....
Think you may have missed the bit where we both mentioned long term.

Here's a perfect apples:apples comparison w/ 3rd gen 4runners:
Automatic
Manual

Manual netted 50% more w/ double the mileage.
Hundreds, if not thousands of examples like this if you go on enthusiast driven websites.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think you may have missed the bit where we both mentioned long term.

Here's a perfect apples:apples comparison w/ 3rd gen 4runners:
Automatic
Manual

Manual grossed 50% more w/ double the mileage.
Hundreds, if not thousands of examples like this if you go on enthusiast driven websites.
No I get that, just think it is a pipe dream :)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Step 1; bring the 2 door home
Step 2; remove rear seats and store in garage until Bronco is sold
Step 3; enjoy the 2 door

or give me a rear seat delete option
Step 2-B; Install Goose Gear Plate System for flat rear cargo and organized storage.

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love a 2Dr, but can't do it. 6'6 and zero chance a car seat will behind me without touching the back of the seat.

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
or give me a rear seat delete option
First thing I do is removing the rear seat behind the driver seat to add more storage space. My tackle bags take up way too much room, but I need my drop shot bag and my crankbait bag and so on and so forth.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shhh not so loud.... Ford might hear you and delay B&P again

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I stare at the pictures of this one the more I like the 33's. If that overland mock up barely squeezes 35's I may stick with the 33's a while. I dont like the over stuffed wheel wheel look but I also dont like the under stuffed look. Its very complicated.
the overland did not have the Squatch lift.....they just threw 35's under the Badlands model....thats why it looks "stuffed"........but I still would like a little more lift even over the Squatch lift.....im with ya there...

Hulkbuster19

Badlands
First Name
Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoot - doesn't seem much space to enter/exit the 2 door back seat. Was hoping Ford would have designed some slicker way to make space. Also the way the seat doesn't seem to stay slid forward, will make enter/exit more difficult, as can be seen in the video, where the guy is having to hold the seat forward while getting in/out.

I don't get why designers have gone backwards compared to some earlier vehicles. Checkout the room to enter/exit the back seat in the old CJ-7 (photo below). More space because the entire seat tilts forward - even more on the passenger side.

CJ_Flip_Seat.jpg
I believe the bronco Passenger seat does this......I think he just entered on the wrong side......

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean, you don't want to overthrow the Ford board of directors because of the lack of a white hard top option?
I think I'm in the monitory that thinks it doesn't belong on a modern vehicle and will look really cheap. I've seen this blue and white Jeep in person and I think it looks 100% hideous.

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel jp017-020wru0cc1q4bm53uevjor1jjavpvti

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since 80% of you want a 4 door for whatever reason here are my thoughts on the 2 door (real Bronco). Yeah I said it.

1. Proportions are spot on. The hood is slightly longer than an EB but the rest of the body is just slightly larger. I assume the hood length is due to crash impact zones and break away engine mounting.

2. Step in height with 33s will be fine. As noted in the other thread its 27" and should be very managable even with 35s.

3. The engineers said there will be a 4" step up in the rear floor if the seats are removed but it sure looked like the seats were mounted right to the floor.

4. With the rear seats in theres enough room for a duffel bag and a cooler. Thats about it.

5. Colors. Do not make your color choice from the gas jugs. Area 51 on the gerry can is completely different than on the 4 door Overlander. I was hoping for more blue in person but it still looks like primer to me.

6. I dont trust anything the "Ford" reps at the booths have to say.

20201008_093114.jpg
What's your opinion of 2 Dr in VB. or Rapid Red with the MIC top?

Last edited:

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I'm in the monitory that thinks it doesn't belong on a modern vehicle and will look really cheap. I've seen this blue and white Jeep in person and I think it looks 100% hideous.

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel jp017-020wru0cc1q4bm53uevjor1jjavpvti
I've seen those too, and I also think they look bad, but I also think the blue is a factor there, as well as the design of the body - I feel Bronco's roof/design is more integrated and a different color top looks more right on it.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We deserve a dislike option for these folks who want a "Bronco" without a white top. And 4 doors? Are you freaking kidding me? Get a Wrangler for god's sake.....???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think it looks very odd as well.

Two tone usually looks tacky.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I thought the concept was pretty cool.

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel 1602453580020

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your opinion of 2 Dr in VB. or Rapid Red with the MIC top?
2 dr in VB is gonna be my order. As far as the MIC top if that's your thing cause it matches the fender flares and grill it should be fine. I plan on removing my top and painting it white along with the grill but I also have multiple paint guns and have experience with painting cars. I will sort out the fender flares later. I'm sure someone will come with some aftermarket ones ASAP. The reason for the VB with white top and grill is my 1970 was originally Arcadian blue and my dads 1976 was Bali Blue. Rapid Red and Oxford White are my 2nd and 3rd choices.
Sponsored