Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

was never a fan of it, especially since the only reason it was ever a “feature “ was so they could stack them for delivery during war time.
Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! Haven’t seen this talked about too much - sure there are plenty reasons not to but I loved the electric rear window on my 89
I was never a Bronco owner, but I remember prior to getting the FJ when I was in College my dad and I checked out an EB. The owner walked us around and showed us the electric rear window. I was drawn to it. We didn’t go through with it because of rust underneath. Typical north east weather.

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY FJ40 had this and I literally never put it down. It really is a useless feature.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup... Went to fold it down on my JKU once just because I thought it would be cool... then I realized it's something like 16 bolts on the JK and it looks like crap because of the curvature of the windshield. I would probably give it a shot on a JL or one of the older jeeps where it was easier and looked better, but it's not something I will be missing. Fun to say you have the option, but not super realistic to use.

On another note, many Wrangler owners don't even know the windshield folds because so few people do it and they never see it.

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was never a Bronco owner, but I remember prior to getting the FJ when I was in College my dad and I checked out an EB. The owner walked us around and showed us the electric rear window. I was drawn to it. We didn’t go through with it because of rust underneath. Typical north east weather.
Yea had to sell my truck bc it was rusting out. Lived in Mechanicsburg for a few years.. back in MN now, neither kind winters.

15 Explorer is already rusty underneath...someone help me keep my new Bronco rust free so I can keep it forever

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its funny i was actually thinking about this

And hog hunting is becoming a huge recreational activity in texas and well

I think the video can explain it better. Imagine 2.7 all out with the windshield down and doors and roof off

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup... Went to fold it down on my JKU once just because I thought it would be cool... then I realized it's something like 16 bolts on the JK and it looks like crap because of the curvature of the windshield. I would probably give it a shot on a JL or one of the older jeeps where it was easier and looked better, but it's not something I will be missing. Fun to say you have the option, but not super realistic to use.

On another note, many Wrangler owners don't even know the windshield folds because so few people do it and they never see it.
Yup . Same reason why I've never folded mine. Then curse when the Jeep gets a heavy coating of dirt inside.
Also, some JK owners have wrinkled the hood from the windshield weight when offroading.

-----

I met a Jeep mommy mall crawler who didn't know that the full doors and hardtop came off.
:rolleyes:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its funny i was actually thinking about this

And hog hunting is becoming a huge recreational activity in texas and well

I think the video can explain it better. Imagine 2.7 all out with the windshield down and doors and roof off

Yeah, I did envision more fun prairie doggin' with a Gladiator windshield down...no need to twist and turn the truck. But willing to let that go for all the other great things.

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup . Same reason why I've never folded mine. Then curse when the Jeep gets a heavy coating of dirt inside.
Also, some JK owners have wrinkled the hood from the windshield weight when offroading.

-----

I met a Jeep mommy mall crawler who didn't know that the full doors and hardtop came off.
:rolleyes:

Well there is out of the box thinking

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had 3 Wranglers since ‘97. Never put a windshield down because it was more effort than gain. Bit of a gimmick in my opinion.
Took a good bit of effort on my CJ-5 which had a limited dash. Personally I would rather the windshield take on a branch instead of my face $.02 Now with limb risers on the Bronco, it's kind of a non-issue. :cool:

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took a good bit of effort on my CJ-5 which had a limited dash. Personally I would rather the windshield take on a branch instead of my face $.02 Now with limb risers on the Bronco, it's kind of a non-issue. :cool:
Not super easy on first gen broncos as well

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not super easy on first gen broncos as well
The thought never occurred to me to even try it on my 76 Bronco, but then again I never had any interest in doing so.

Wrkd4it

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2016 F350,1996 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. This feels like the most gimmicky feature on Jeeps IMO. I don’t think anyone who enjoys and wants the open air driving experiences takes off their doors and roof and decides “you know what would be better? Wind directly in my eyeballs at 45mph”

I also don’t really see the merits of it for off roading. It’s glass...putting it down isn’t going to increase visibility like taking doors off does.

I can vouch that wind directly in the eyeballs and stressing your neck is not fun. Done it on a motorcycle.Not fun, especially when you encounter a bug at 70 mph! 😂
Sponsored