Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reserve judgement for when you see it in person is all I'll say about that.
I have a feeling I won't be able to see it until I'm looking at the one I order. It's mostly above eye level, so I'm not that worried about it. The one's currently out there are likely not production level yet.
Sponsored

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok. I will preface this by saying that my comments are all my opinions and not meant to inflame, contradict, or belittle any of your opinions..
Ok:
1) the MIC top is absolutely better than you think. I went in expecting to tear it apart with critique. I couldn’t. It looked uniform in color, texture. It looked outstanding on the A51. I will absolutely NOT be worried about it.

2) the painted Black top looks worse than you think. Looked great on the 2 door with it matching. But: orange peel city. Surface waves/molding or prep imperfections are magnified 10 fold with it being glossy, another 10 fold for being the most infamous color for anything not being laser straight. I was not impressed with the fit and finish. Maybe production level ones will be better, and probably will.

3) The A51 IS the color for this 4 door machine. Hands down.
starting off it wasn’t even on my radar. I felt it looked muted and plain, too much variation in lighting to be loveable.
I went in telling my wife today will be the day I decide 100% on a color. I took a tactical flashlight so I could inspect each Jerry can.
I went in with 100% full intent on walking out an AMB guy. Velocity was my #2. Race Red #3.
Once I saw A51 on that 4 door BL it was a done deal. It looks better than you imagine. Even if you are a die-hard A51 fan...it will knock your socks off.

4) Fit and finish are far better than you think. I was not allowed to open or close the doors myself, but I paid attention to how they sounded and how easily they latched. Looked at body gaps all over. Guys and gals, this thing is RIGHT.

5)MG vinyl is better (way better) than you think. I again went in a guy who likes comfy seats as we drive a lot. I wanted cloth heated seats (would put neoprene covers on later as needed).
after touching and squeezing the seats. I’m sold on the MG vinyl. Which brings me to the next point.

6) BL is the ticket. I waffled back and forth a lot between WT and BL. Have no need for the disco, wanted the floors, bash, but also wanted V6, Auto, Hard top, at least Mid pack, 35’s.
I pretty much decided WT until I got that seat look and the floor look, and the sheer badassery those aftermarket wheels and 35’s looked on the BL stock setup. So I’m a BL guy in A51 for sure now as long as B&P doesn’t shock me too badly.

7) the 2 door is ?. I wanted a 2 door. Since I saw the cyber one on 37’s I wanted it. Several unselfish reasons later and I changed to 4 doors. And glad I did, for my reasons. However: those getting the 2 door for your reasons are going to be very pleased with the proportions, the stance, the “correctness” of everything. It’s beautiful.

8) color opinions:
VB, Rapid, AMB, C. Orange would look best and compliment the 2 doors.
A51, CG would look best on 4.
the others are good on either.

here’s why: the pearl effects and vibrancy of the colors, I felt, would be too much of a good thing in those longer 4 door sides.
Personally I love VB. But I don’t want to tire of it and get sick of looking at it.

-as a side note: at the initial release I loved the render Ford did if the 2 door C. Orange. Then I started seeing pics on built units and knew I’d hate it because of the Bus Yellow.
I put the light on that Sport and it came alive. Holy cow did it ever. In the sun this is going to remind a lot of people of a Pagan Gold. I haven’t been a fan for months now but after today...that color kicks ass, people.

9)the smaller display is fine. But the 12” really smooths out that dash profile and fills it up. Is it worth it? Up to each individual. Interior fit and finish were fine. I have no complaints.

10) I am no Jeep hater. I’ve owned them. Loved them for what they were.
this vehicle is on another level. Seriously. The overall look, the thought behind each detail, the substantial and finished way the panels all line up, and the fact it is not a flat sided, generic door shape all ties in. If the off-road capability is what is advertised, this is a substantially better vehicle in most ways.
I will post pics below of some details I thought needed mentioning. I did not snap 100 pics. Most on here by the other guys show you good stuff I didn’t need to repeat.
Great review/observations. This has helped solidify/confirm my choice. 2 dr, BD, cactus grey, MGv seats and washout floor. 2.7 auto, mid pkg with automatic 4x4. Love the stock steel wheels. Ahhh can’t want till late Spring. Got res in 1 1/2 days in. So hoping delivery within first month or two.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm wondering how many trims will enjoy the Modular option....Ford seems to be eliminating them left & right
Is this confirmed be Ford or the usual board speculation?

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly think the *color* of the MIC top matches the fenders, its just that they're two different textures so they reflect light differently. The MIC is a little rougher than the fenders.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this confirmed
I can tell you it was optional for BD on reveal week...but no longer. Of course we'll know in a few days...

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks OP for your time and effort! Great write up!

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Levine confirmed it today on Twitter. Late availability for VB.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok. I will preface this by saying that my comments are all my opinions and not meant to inflame, contradict, or belittle any of your opinions..
Ok:
1) the MIC top is absolutely better than you think. I went in expecting to tear it apart with critique. I couldn’t. It looked uniform in color, texture. It looked outstanding on the A51. I will absolutely NOT be worried about it.

2) the painted Black top looks worse than you think. Looked great on the 2 door with it matching. But: orange peel city. Surface waves/molding or prep imperfections are magnified 10 fold with it being glossy, another 10 fold for being the most infamous color for anything not being laser straight. I was not impressed with the fit and finish. Maybe production level ones will be better, and probably will.

3) The A51 IS the color for this 4 door machine. Hands down.
starting off it wasn’t even on my radar. I felt it looked muted and plain, too much variation in lighting to be loveable.
I went in telling my wife today will be the day I decide 100% on a color. I took a tactical flashlight so I could inspect each Jerry can.
I went in with 100% full intent on walking out an AMB guy. Velocity was my #2. Race Red #3.
Once I saw A51 on that 4 door BL it was a done deal. It looks better than you imagine. Even if you are a die-hard A51 fan...it will knock your socks off.

4) Fit and finish are far better than you think. I was not allowed to open or close the doors myself, but I paid attention to how they sounded and how easily they latched. Looked at body gaps all over. Guys and gals, this thing is RIGHT.

5)MG vinyl is better (way better) than you think. I again went in a guy who likes comfy seats as we drive a lot. I wanted cloth heated seats (would put neoprene covers on later as needed).
after touching and squeezing the seats. I’m sold on the MG vinyl. Which brings me to the next point.

6) BL is the ticket. I waffled back and forth a lot between WT and BL. Have no need for the disco, wanted the floors, bash, but also wanted V6, Auto, Hard top, at least Mid pack, 35’s.
I pretty much decided WT until I got that seat look and the floor look, and the sheer badassery those aftermarket wheels and 35’s looked on the BL stock setup. So I’m a BL guy in A51 for sure now as long as B&P doesn’t shock me too badly.

7) the 2 door is ?. I wanted a 2 door. Since I saw the cyber one on 37’s I wanted it. Several unselfish reasons later and I changed to 4 doors. And glad I did, for my reasons. However: those getting the 2 door for your reasons are going to be very pleased with the proportions, the stance, the “correctness” of everything. It’s beautiful.

8) color opinions:
VB, Rapid, AMB, C. Orange would look best and compliment the 2 doors.
A51, CG would look best on 4.
the others are good on either.

here’s why: the pearl effects and vibrancy of the colors, I felt, would be too much of a good thing in those longer 4 door sides.
Personally I love VB. But I don’t want to tire of it and get sick of looking at it.

-as a side note: at the initial release I loved the render Ford did if the 2 door C. Orange. Then I started seeing pics on built units and knew I’d hate it because of the Bus Yellow.
I put the light on that Sport and it came alive. Holy cow did it ever. In the sun this is going to remind a lot of people of a Pagan Gold. I haven’t been a fan for months now but after today...that color kicks ass, people.

9)the smaller display is fine. But the 12” really smooths out that dash profile and fills it up. Is it worth it? Up to each individual. Interior fit and finish were fine. I have no complaints.

10) I am no Jeep hater. I’ve owned them. Loved them for what they were.
this vehicle is on another level. Seriously. The overall look, the thought behind each detail, the substantial and finished way the panels all line up, and the fact it is not a flat sided, generic door shape all ties in. If the off-road capability is what is advertised, this is a substantially better vehicle in most ways.
I will post pics below of some details I thought needed mentioning. I did not snap 100 pics. Most on here by the other guys show you good stuff I didn’t need to repeat.
Great insight and post! I have a reservation for a two door FE but a few days later I made a second reservation for a two door badlands just because of the god awful navy pier interior. I’m still on the fence And will cross my fingers as I have personally sent emails to FORD’s CEO begging for us FE people to get access to the washout interior.
Ford Bronco My opinions from going to Super Cel East 2020 1B33AE67-6F73-4523-86B3-453FA70A15D1
From the minute I saw cyber orange and read how it was a pearlescent metal flake I knew the more lumens thrown at it the more spectacular it would look! I cannot think of a better color to have on a two-door Bronco running around Hawai’i ?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The painted black top will be worth every penny just because of the smooth finish. I hate the textured plastic look and its a PITA to clean when mud gets down in it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely it does. It’s still a yellow more than orange but that pearl completely changes it on curves when in light. I was surprised by it.
I custom painted vehicles for 20 years and have lots of experience in flakes/pearls /Kandies etc and had the opposite view of the Cyber Orange . It's also just an opinion of course when it all comes down to it but the wife agreed . School bus yellow 90% of the time with some gold thrown in on the leading edges in the sun . I will say that neither of us are fans of yellow which is why it immediately dropped off our list of colors . Orange we like ….there was no orange .

Now I have to paint my RC Bronco :(

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The painted black top will be worth every penny just because of the smooth finish. I hate the textured plastic look and its a PITA to clean when mud gets down in it.
I worry about Pollen season. Not sure how bad you get it in TN, but in Florida, it covers every surface in a thick blanket of yellow. You can rinse down. But in pollen season, it doesn't pay to "wash" as it will covered in a few hours again. The small grain on the MIC top will trap the pollen requiring a scrubbing to get rid of it. I don't want to be scrubbing my Bronco every other day for a month.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yah. I got conflicting messages from the two reps that were there on the sound deadening package. I'm hoping my guy was wrong. He was the highest ranked guy there on that day. Dont remember who he was, but he was complaining on the number of meetings he has had to go to on the B&P.
Did you get an autograph from that rockstar?

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I custom painted vehicles for 20 years and have lots of experience in flakes/pearls /Kandies etc and had the opposite view of the Cyber Orange . It's also just an opinion of course when it all comes down to it but the wife agreed . School bus yellow 90% of the time with some gold thrown in on the leading edges in the sun . I will say that neither of us are fans of yellow which is why it immediately dropped off our list of colors . Orange we like ….there was no orange .

Now I have to paint my RC Bronco :(
Did you use any kind of light when you looked at it?
I had a 1200 Lumen (4 different modes, look at it with each mode, as 1200 was actually too bright and flooded the pearl out) light I brought.
I also custom paint (also about 20 years and going here), so nice to see someone else on here with the background and knowledge of how all this pearl/metallic stuff works.
What I noticed on this cloudy day with it being housed under that shelter was it was straight up Bus yellow when viewed. In the light, where the light highlighted it, the (Gold it seemed?) pearl lit up on the curves.
This thing is not going to be a glistening, golden thing of beauty all the time, but where the light hits top surfaces and any radius, the pearl really makes it pop out. It would be similar to a ghost pearl If I were to try and describe it. A subtle change except on leading edges and curves (like tops of fenders, windshield frame, maybe the sides of the hood bump and front leading edge).
It's not for me at all, but i was surprised to see it look better than plain old Bus yellow, as it has looked every time in real pics thus far.
I do think it would be not so great on a 4 door, as too much acreage to cover with that yellow.
Unless you lived in a trendy, beachy place and wanted that almost cool 70's golden vibe going on.
Might be ok on a 2 door as the early Ford CGI with the donut doors depicted. But it definitely is not as cool as the CGI early depictions made it out to be.
End of the day, I agree with you on all points. Only thing In my opinion I'd differ on is the amount of pearl effect I noticed vs. what you saw.
But you very well may have had a different light with a different temp beam of light, different time of day, etc.
You know all of these paint things are super subjective, even for the same person in different lighting!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worry about Pollen season. Not sure how bad you get it in TN, but in Florida, it covers every surface in a thick blanket of yellow. You can rinse down. But in pollen season, it doesn't pay to "wash" as it will covered in a few hours again. The small grain on the MIC top will trap the pollen requiring a scrubbing to get rid of it. I don't want to be scrubbing my Bronco every other day for a month.
Pollen is just as bad here as it is down there. The smoothe shadow black top will be easier to paint also.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaker placement. Decent look at the inside of the top. Decent look at the rear bar in relation to the window. No sign of the bottle opener that I could see from the distance I had to work with. Bronco dude was tied up, as it was crowded.
Ford Bronco My opinions from going to Super Cel East 2020 1B33AE67-6F73-4523-86B3-453FA70A15D1
Do you think that rear window glass can be removed? I want that wide open bikini feel....
Sponsored