Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pitching subjectivity as objectivity is a sure fire way to to come off as asinine. Especially on an internet message board where we read all comments as opinions. And if you think your opinion is not subjective you’re on another planet.
? Well, due to the vague nature of your post, Im not sure what your point is. But, my point is just the fairly simple concept that bottom dollar price on a brand new vehicle probably shouldnt be the only factor in determining where you buy it from.

I have bought rare, used vehicles from here to California, because they are where they are, and you just have to go get them. Thats one thing. But in the case of a brand new vehicle 100% spec'd to order that can be picked up from any one of thousands of dealerships, there are several ways to make up for a price discount that probably only ends up being in the hundreds of dollars, when all is said and done. And if its in the thousands of dollars, you have probably spent a decent amount of time to get that deal.

Now, if dealer A and dealer B are both within an hour of you, and all things apples to apples, sure, go on price.

Im just trying to offer my experience as an independent retail dealer to people who may not have thought about some of the things they may encounter.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is obvious this guy is an enthusiast just like we are, as well as someone who works at a dealership. I am in no way offended by anything he said. They have a ton of orders - so maybe he overstated how many in relation to others. Big deal. The point was just be cautious if price is your only motivating factor. The dealer he works at has tons of the awards that Ford gives out and they have a great reputation locally. They even have a "Fords Garage" restaurant at the location.
I don’t care how many reservations they have- I just want to know the bottom dollar. It isn’t personal it just business for me. I can get my bronco serviced at any dealer!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so what do you do if by all available ratings, the local dealers sale departments are uniformly
shady?

do you go elsewhere and go with a dealer who's sale department has been clear and
aboveboard with costs and markups or do you stick with the locals who refuse to commit on lack of ADM and dealer add-ons?

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the record, im not defending the guy in the video's points about "having a friend at the dealer" or asking the salesman for trail tips, or any of that nonsense. Thats ridiculous. He started with some good points and then just got cheesy and lost his audience.

The point is not rocket surgery. Dont spend $1500 dollars worth of time and cash to save $1000 in cash. (or whatever it may be)

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2)Having it serviced at same dealer you bought it from. You will absolutely get treated better by the service department if you bought it from that location.
Im will have to call BS on this one. Ive taken my car into the dealership to have it serviced, and what is the one question they dont ask……..wait for it…. Did you buy this vehicle from us??

Just say'in

Sponsored

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This dude is straight up the reason sales guys get a bad name. He's mad that people are researching dealers? Again, why do people give a Sh** what other people do with there time.
He equates people switching dealerships because of either the cost saving or mug and thinks that's months of research? maybe people are also looking into how they treat their people and other reasons?

If this dude was my sales guy I would switch.
There is something wrong with that dude's hair. Is it spray on?

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im will have to call BS on this one. Ive taken my car into the dealership to have it serviced, and what is the one question they dont ask……..wait for it…. Did you buy this vehicle from us??

Just say'in
Exactly..you can service your car at any Ford dealership. Doesnt matter where you buy it.

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This guy comes off as butt-hurt. If he is from one of the Mullinax dealers, then it is likely they have the most reservations in Florida out of all of their dealerships. If he is from another, then he is lying just like the guy that I spoke with at Bozard who claimed they had the most in Florida with only 684 reservations. Anyone can look at my posts and read my review/experience with Bozard that I posted here.

As someone mentioned above, it is a mass-produced vehicle where it is a transactional purchase. I'm not looking for advice where to drive when the yokels on the lot don't even know distinct vehicle colors. I'm not looking to go to a barbecue. When it comes to service, any Ford dealership will service what you drive in. You might not get the "free lifetime oil change" offer by buying somewhere else, but they will still service your vehicle.
A friend of mine went to Bozard a few weeks ago and they claimed to have the 2nd most Bronco reservations in the country lol

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Just say'in
I guess I worded that statement wrong because several people in here seem to be missing my point.

Im not saying that they are going to screen every car that comes in and charge people more or less depending on where it was purchased, or try to upsell them more, or try not do do warranty work, etc, etc....

Im talking about the instances in which some sort of dispute arises. If, and probably when, an issue with your Bronco comes up and the dealer at which you are having your Bronco serviced and repaired, also happens to be the dealer from which you purchased it, you have a better chance of getting it resolved on your terms.

Again, this is just one small piece of the bigger picture, and one that I know is true from having worked in service departments at franchise dealerships.

But take that piece out of this discussion entirely, and the general point remains. Factor in all time and money spent on obtaining the best deal before you can be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Marrowthirst

Badlands
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Just say'in
Gotta agree with xusarmy on this one. In fact, my best service was from a stealership that I didn't even buy my vehicles from. The service I received from the place I bought 2 brand new vehicles from was atrocious.

Sponsored

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am travelling 2 hours to Granger instead of 10 minutes to Baxter in Omaha.

Baxter could have had my business and I gave them ability to match the Granger deal. I would have preferred to support local businesses. Baxter chose not to match the deal...that is their prerogative just like it is mine to switch to Granger for the better deal.

An extra 1300-1500 off my loan makes a big difference to me.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am travelling 2 hours to Granger instead of 10 minutes to Baxter in Omaha.

Baxter could have had my business and I gave them ability to match the Granger deal. I would have preferred to support local businesses. Baxter chose not to match the deal...that is their prerogative just like it is mine to switch to Granger for the better deal.

An extra 1300-1500 off my loan makes a big difference to me.

Well sure! You are 2 hours from Granger! Makes sense! But price shopping dealers all over the country several hundreds or thousands of miles away for a car that can be had anywhere? That, probably more often than not, does NOT make sense.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Just say'in
I've had that question asked and I've done business at the same dealer for 18 years .Everyone up front knows me, but I'm seldom in the service dept, so they don't know me well. Over the years, I've had a few situations that I needed to go up front to get what I wanted and always got what I was looking for.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well sure! You are 2 hours from Granger! Makes sense! But price shopping dealers all over the country several hundreds or thousands of miles away for a car that can be had anywhere? That, probably more often than not, does NOT make sense.
Im driving from Colorado and calling it a road trip. 2K to me is 2K and even if it was X-plan I’d probably still go because Albert is a joy to work with. Nobody in Colorado wanted my business, they just wanted to play ignorant.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I worded that statement wrong because several people in here seem to be missing my point.

Im not saying that they are going to screen every car that comes in and charge people more or less depending on where it was purchased, or try to upsell them more, or try not do do warranty work, etc, etc....

Im talking about the instances in which some sort of dispute arises. If, and probably when, an issue with your Bronco comes up and the dealer at which you are having your Bronco serviced and repaired, also happens to be the dealer from which you purchased it, you have a better chance of getting it resolved on your terms.

Again, this is just one small piece of the bigger picture, and one that I know is true from having worked in service departments at franchise dealerships.

But take that piece out of this discussion entirely, and the general point remains. Factor in all time and money spent on obtaining the best deal before you can be sure you are comparing apples to apples.
This is why I agree 100% with this. My salesman has been there 18 years and knows I'll be buying again, so anything within his power, he'll take care of it.
Sponsored