JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since when was the Bronco not supposed to be an off-road vehicle?
Since it got a short travel IFS and a potentially ridiculously large overhang.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you SEE the tires on that first 4 door "spy" post?

Those look more hybrid type lol
That’s the base model, if the rumors are true the hybrid setup would be above the Raptor in the trim line like platinum is on the F-Series.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s the base model, if the rumors are true the hybrid setup would be above the Raptor in the trim line like platinum is on the F-Series.
Where is it writ that that was the base? I didn't assume that. Especially since I doubt any base model is that close to production...don't they all start off with the high trims these days?

I was assuming Platinum/limited/whatever. Look at the F150 Platinum tires. They aren't ATs. Or not decent ones anyway lol

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you SEE the tires on that first 4 door "spy" post?

Those look more hybrid type lol
I was trying to go for the "make the hybrid guys feel more off road by putting the AT on it". I just don't think of hybrid when I think off-road, sorry.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The first 4dr camo shown is base model as base model can be.
The reference to the differences in LCA’s we’ve seen on the 3 camo vehicles has already been posted in multiple threads.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really hope not.... some people want a hybrid engine and the off road goodies. If they do that it will be a 10/10 mall crawler.

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys are talking about the hybrid like it would be an under-performer, but the hybrid engine that has been previously mentioned is a beast of a thing (from the Aviator PHEV). Certainly they could still plop that into an unappealing trim/package, but if a near 500 HP hybrid is on the table, it seems reasonable that the hybrid and raptor could be one and the same.

It's not a Prius.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are talking about the hybrid like it would be an under-performer, but the hybrid engine that has been previously mentioned is a beast of a thing (from the Aviator PHEV). Certainly they could still plop that into an unappealing trim/package, but if a near 500 HP hybrid is on the table, it seems reasonable that the hybrid and raptor could be one and the same.

It's not a Prius.
THIS.

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you guys really think Ford is going to put a ridiculously complicated/expensive/heavy hybrid system like that in a Bronco? A hybrid is possible sure. Likely even. But a 1000hp+ hybrid combo is dreaming

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The first 4dr camo shown is base model as base model can be.
The reference to the differences in LCA’s we’ve seen on the 3 camo vehicles has already been posted in multiple threads.
I was unaware there were three vehicles shown. Unless you're counting the two 4drs and the 2dr?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

It's not a Prius.
I don't really care what the combined power number is if it also adds several hundred pounds to the weight of the vehicle. I need my Bronco to go around corners too.

Makes sense for those that want it, I'm just hoping they don't try to push it and only offer the 'Raptor' in a hybrid version.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't really care what the combined power number is if it also adds several hundred pounds to the weight of the vehicle. I need my Bronco to go around corners too.

Makes sense for those that want it, I'm just hoping they don't try to push it and only offer the 'Raptor' in a hybrid version.
ford wouldn’t go that far. Yet. Look at the explorer.
You have ST and Limited Hybrid separate. Even tho power numbers are close.

it would be safe to assume the bronco will do the same

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally understandable. I'm in the camp of hoping for a slew of configurations so that we're all covered.
Sponsored