Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Im a long way out from even asking this, but I figure someone else isn't and will stumble upon this.

Obviously kids remember things growing up, but what type of vehicles will they remember more?
Dads bitching Camaro, off-roading in the Jeep, wrenching on the classic muscle, the drop top or him just being a speed demon making a buck twenty feel slow on the turnpike (my experience)

Lets see what we come up with, enjoy
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BDB21

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 F-250 Tremor / '71 Bronco / '20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dad had several bronco's when I was growing up! So they have always been my favorite vehicle and I have many memories from them.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Did i put it in the wrong section? My bad, thought i clicked general auto

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did he have candy?
Of course! Why else would I get in?

We actually did have a white van with windowless sliding door and no effing seatbelts. It was great! I bought one of the last E350 passenger vans to try and recreate the road-trippin' van and my wife lost her sh--! It was gone in less than a year, lol.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly any of those cars will be very memorable for kids. My grandpa had a yellow jeep for just one summer and I only road in it maybe 6 times when I was about 10 and never forgot about it. Kids will remember cool stuff.

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
I... but... wait... that... what? I hope this isn't your band so you aren't offended when I say that was some hot garbage. :ROFLMAO:

On topic... my dad traded a guy his F-150 for a Porsche 928. I remember getting thrown back into those seats more than once... previous owner threw a supercharger on that V8... craziness.

Sponsored

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From my experience with my two kids who are now 12 & 9, they remember cars that I was excited about and those mean more than any mods or cool factor accessories that you add. Cars that you share with them and care about and do things with them seem to create an almost halo effect on those memories for them.

Example: I had an orange ā€˜07 Ford Escape with a manual. Had some beefy tires on it, blacked out the rims, did some cool local trails with them, and owned it like three years. They donā€™t really remember it. After that I had a silver ā€˜04 BMW with the sport package, awesome tires, angel eyes, etc. Rode like a dream and it was always begging to go faster, tons of fun. Also had it for 3 years, they donā€™t really remember it except for going sideways in the snow and screaming at me lol.

For a whopping six weeks I had a 2012 Lex GX 460 that got totalled by a lady who blew thru a red light. THAT car I saved for, talked about, dreamed of, had shipped to me, stopped traffic because of where & how the car hauler decided to unload it, etc etc. That car they remember, talk about, and even brag to their friends about years later.

So even if you think youā€™re boring your kids to death about the Bronco, do it anyway. Youā€™ll have something to laugh about when you finally do get to go camping in it. Iā€™m not worried at all that my kids will forget the Bronco!

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dad always had fancy Euros, was an absolute speed demon

9yrs ago, on our way to Tx, we went through Louisiana in 2hrs because he wanted to eat at T-coons (lafayette) and it was 12:30 when we arrived from Mississippi.

Place closes at 2:30, he stormed through i cant see 10ft in front of me monsoons so we could eat there, got there 2:10ish.

Now he drives a Diesel Range Rover, breaks my cold dead heart.

Shame the van didnt last and always thought that song would be better without the 3 minutes of stoner/airhead chat.

Side note, my uncle still has a '69 vert vette, only difference between when i was a kid and now is its factory yellow instead of factory blue

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my experience with my two kids who are now 12 & 9, they remember cars that I was excited about and those mean more than any mods or cool factor accessories that you add. Cars that you share with them and care about and do things with them seem to create an almost halo effect on those memories for them.

Example: I had an orange ā€˜07 Ford Escape with a manual. Had some beefy tires on it, blacked out the rims, did some cool local trails with them, and owned it like three years. They donā€™t really remember it. After that I had a silver ā€˜04 BMW with the sport package, awesome tires, angel eyes, etc. Rode like a dream and it was always begging to go faster, tons of fun. Also had it for 3 years, they donā€™t really remember it except for going sideways in the snow and screaming at me lol.

For a whopping six weeks I had a 2012 Lex GX 460 that got totalled by a lady who blew thru a red light. THAT car I saved for, talked about, dreamed of, had shipped to me, stopped traffic because of where & how the car hauler decided to unload it, etc etc. That car they remember, talk about, and even brag to their friends about years later.

So even if you think youā€™re boring your kids to death about the Bronco, do it anyway. Youā€™ll have something to laugh about when you finally do get to go camping in it. Iā€™m not worried at all that my kids will forget the Bronco!
Sorry about the GX, thats rough.

Not kids yet, but had a H3x in HS. Everyone who knows me still talks about the beast, so i can relate

Also
Ford Bronco What will the kids remember more? c06bc9f399638ffb882695cd689f7635

Cant wait for next summer, gonna take my sister's kids for a ride in it, those little monkey's

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a track car and its built for speed and canyon carving, stg2 M235i.. The whole purpose im buying a Bronco besides the practicality and most certainly how awesome it is after learning so much about it here, is to create lasting memories for my family. Just had my first, 9mo daughter and I can't wait for her to grow up with the Bronco. I won't be rock crawling, least I don't think I will.. but adventuring, road trips, desert running, camping or I guess we call it overlanding? Are all game! I hope this the Bronco turns out to be all of this and more.
Sponsored