Sponsored

Ford Patents Light Weight Removable Body Door System with Built-In Tube Doors for 2021 Ford Bronco

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Patent: Light weight removable body door system

https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid...&SectionNum=&idkey=NONE&Input=View+first+page

"A convertible vehicle door assembly includes a gate subassembly including an electrical panel, latch handle and is secured by hinges and a latch to a vehicle static structure. An outer door subassembly is removably secured to the gate subassembly by at least one quick connect mechanism. The outer door includes a window assembly operable by the electrical control panel."

2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-1.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-2.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-3.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-4.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-5.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-6.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-7.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-8.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-9.jpg
2021-bronco-patent-lightweight-removable-body-door-system-10.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOVE THAT DESIGN!
tube doors are a HUGE aftermarket item for the Wrangler. Makes a lot of sense. It’s something I would definitely look into.

I love how the speakers and handles etc all stay on the tube

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EEFFFIINNN COOL !!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting on how it all goes together. I could see ford offering half doors too that attach to the tube frame!

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If they are applying this type of thinking to each aspect of what makes the Wrangler a winner, we are in for one hell of a vehicle. Jeepers are always going on about tube doors. Baked in on the Bronco? Winner winner!

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting on how it all goes together. I could see ford offering half doors too that attach to the tube frame!
well the spy photos looks like it has frameless widows. So roll the window down, remove door. It’s going to be a small panel. (18” x30”) or so???

Deleted member 2346

LOVE THAT DESIGN!
tube doors are a HUGE aftermarket item for the Wrangler. Makes a lot of sense. It’s something I would definitely look into.

I love how the speakers and handles etc all stay on the tube
IF there are speakers in the doors, I don't believe those stay with the tube door. what I think you are seeing is the four round ball-in-socket connection point between the skin and the tubes. I'm imagining the door presses into the socket and then you twist a ring to lock it in. This also explains an earlier patent for transferring power through the ball-in-socket connecting point we initially saw for the interchangeable grill patent. My assumption is there is no wire to hook up and the power window gets its power from the ball-in-socket connection. Cool.

CORRECTION: instead of "twist to lock it" its actually a button, VERY similar to the style of hoodpins on the 2020 GT500
Ford Bronco Ford Patents Light Weight Removable Body Door System with Built-In Tube Doors for 2021 Ford Bronco hoodpins_2020ShelbyGT500

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hold on......
Ford Bronco Ford Patents Light Weight Removable Body Door System with Built-In Tube Doors for 2021 Ford Bronco 43B4C369-E908-4963-A15F-2712D382B65D

Ford Bronco Ford Patents Light Weight Removable Body Door System with Built-In Tube Doors for 2021 Ford Bronco EA3AE1B5-AA19-4492-AB7F-47C9BF73C348

so the mirror is mounted on the A pillar of the frame. buuuut there is a mechanism that moves the mirror with the door as it opens???? Did i read that correctly?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
IF there are speakers in the doors, I don't believe those stay with the tube door. what I think you are seeing is the four round ball-in-socket connection point between the skin and the tubes. I'm imagining the door presses into the socket and then you twist a ring to lock it in. This also explains an earlier patent for transferring power through the ball-in-socket connecting point we initially saw for the interchangeable grill patent. My assumption is there is no wire to hook up and the power window gets its power from the ball-in-socket connection. Cool.
reading more on that. There is an inner panel That is removable too. So door panel, tube frame, inner panel (with electric door locks) 3 pieces
Sponsored