First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like there probably will be no white top for model year 2021. Like many others, I will either wrap or paint my top white. Have any of you decided what shade of white? I was thinking of just using the Oxford White that will be on the 2021 Bronco.
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
http://www.monstaliner.com/

They have a good reputation in the Jeep community for matching colors.

If they don't have the color you want, and I don't see Oxford White ( big surprise :rolleyes: ), they'll make it for you.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Depends, Oxford White is the current Ford default white but the originals were Wimbledon white (which is probably what I'd go for).

Ford Bronco Which white shade for painting top? ford_1966_truck_acme_c_01

Last edited:

Sponsored

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve been watching DIY bed-liner paint videos and a popular choice is the Raptor liner:

https://www.raptorliner.com/

Itā€™s tintable or they have a white you can use. They offer an adhesion promoter for tough surfaces like the MIC top seems to have. Itā€™s also possible to thin it to reduce the ā€˜bumpsā€™ so that the bedliner doesnā€™t interfere with how the top assembles. It can be applied with a paint gun so you can vary the thickness of the coat that way as well. It can also be rolled on which seems easy, too.

I want a white top and Iā€™m gonna do whatever I gotta do to get it. My daughter is geeked to be painting my new rig with me - itā€™ll be a fun project. I plan on getting a Big Bend and painting the top, the grill, and the wheels. Should cost me around half the cost of doing an entire vehicle - $150 or less all-in. Canā€™t wait!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve been watching DIY bed-liner paint videos and a popular choice is the Raptor liner:

https://www.raptorliner.com/

Itā€™s tintable or they have a white you can use. They offer an adhesion promoter for tough surfaces like the MIC top seems to have. Itā€™s also possible to thin it to reduce the ā€˜bumpsā€™ so that the bedliner doesnā€™t interfere with how the top assembles. It can be applied with a paint gun so you can vary the thickness of the coat that way as well. It can also be rolled on which seems easy, too.

I want a white top and Iā€™m gonna do whatever I gotta do to get it. My daughter is geeked to be painting my new rig with me - itā€™ll be a fun project. I plan on getting a Big Bend and painting the top, the grill, and the wheels. Should cost me around half the cost of doing an entire vehicle - $150 or less all-in. Canā€™t wait!
I did the raptor liner on my bumpers, grill & rocksliders on my jeep. Has held up well but its a pain in the a** to clean. I would not want that in white knowing how much effort it takes to clean up the black from dirt/mud.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did the raptor liner on my bumpers, grill & rocksliders on my jeep. Has held up well but its a pain in the a** to clean. I would not want that in white knowing how much effort it takes to clean up the black from dirt/mud.
Oh, hmm, thanks for the feedback. Got any recommendations? Maybe it needs something with less texture?

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends, Oxford White is the current Ford default white but the originals were Wimbledon white (which is probably what I'd go for).

Ford Bronco Which white shade for painting top? ford_1966_truck_acme_c_01
Hereā€™s Wimbledon on the left and oxford on the right on a mustang.
Ford Bronco Which white shade for painting top? 55557667-5119-47DB-B26E-0B408C9FF9CF

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, hmm, thanks for the feedback. Got any recommendations? Maybe it needs something with less texture?
correct, if its white, it needs to be without texture.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with my local Line-X dealer and they recommended not using white. They stated that the Line-X texture captures dust will change color over time.
Yep, that's my take from experience with it in my truck bed and the raptor liner on my bumpers of my jeep. It's a PITA to clean. I have to use simple green and a brush and go over it a few times to get any staining out from dirt/mud. Can only imagine white unless you like pouring bleach on your bronco :LOL: