Sponsored

canceled my bronco reservation in hopes of a Bronco pickup.

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i honestly think toyota would kill with a removable top style tacoma.
I fully planned on a new Taco to replace my old one...test drove a new TRD Pro...didn’t like it at all. Felt weak. Tranny was awful.
Never thought I’d buy a Chev, but I test drove them all, tried to keep an open mind and here we are.
Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya on a pickup truck just working out better for you. I went from Dodge Ram 1500 to Ford Explorer. The Explorer is great, has tons of room, amenities, and cargo space but it's just not a truck. I told my wife a few weeks after the purchase that my next vehicle would be another truck. BUT THEN.... BRONCO REVEAL!!!!! and I do love me some Bronco.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the removable top and doors. Seems more fun and unique for the kids.
Agreed, that is why i'm going to Bronco from my F-150. I'll just buy a trailer to use when needed.

Sponsored

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the Ranger just coming back only year now I highly doubt a Bronco pickup is even on the radar. Plus the Gladiator has been a flop.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the Ranger just coming back only year now I highly doubt a Bronco pickup is even on the radar. Plus the Gladiator has been a flop.
I've seen FAR more Gladiators than the reputed Ranger. In a year and a half, I've seen about 12 Rangers in Chicago area, which is a BIG area!! I've seen 5-6x that many Gladiators. Easy.

OP
OP
Blackandbluebronco

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen FAR more Gladiators than the reputed Ranger. In a year and a half, I've seen about 12 Rangers in Chicago area, which is a BIG area!! I've seen 5-6x that many Gladiators. Easy.
I see about the same of each here in my part of Texas. I don’t see the ranger as on the same level as a Tacoma so they’re going to have to up their game there but I’m fine waiting to see if the broncup pans out.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see about the same of each here in my part of Texas. I don’t see the ranger as on the same level as a Tacoma so they’re going to have to up their game there but I’m fine waiting to see if the broncup pans out.
My Ford dealer, about 1/2 mi from my house, says they can't sell them, priced too high. Taco dealer is 1/4 mi away....I think the trouble is that little 2.3 4 bang. Not too many truck guys will go for that. I don't understand why they didn't put the 2.7 in, instead. Glad our Bronco team is smarter than that.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe because there has never been a time in my life I have been without a truck, but what do people do who don't own trucks? Bum one off a friend every time they need one?

The Bronco is not a truck and will never replace a truck. Yeah, I'm getting a Bronco for all the cool stuff the Bronco will do, but I'm not even contemplating going truckless to get it. If I could only have one vehicle, it would be a truck, no question.

I'm looking forward to the Bronco truck concept as I will be in the market for a new truck by then. Can't imagine waiting that long to get a truck though if I didn't already have one.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe because there has never been a time in my life I have been without a truck, but what do people do who don't own trucks? Bum one off a friend every time they need one?

The Bronco is not a truck and will never replace a truck. Yeah, I'm getting a Bronco for all the cool stuff the Bronco will do, but I'm not even contemplating going truckless to get it. If I could only have one vehicle, it would be a truck, no question.

I'm looking forward to the Bronco truck concept as I will be in the market for a new truck by then. Can't imagine waiting that long to get a truck though if I didn't already have one.
You do have 6' of length with rear seats down, which isn't much less than my Taco had...so window up/roof off, I figure I can make it work most all the time. OTHER than hauling deer....

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I see no reason whatsoever that Bronco should enter the same design space as Ranger or Maverick.

Gladiator is a sales hit (for now), but it suuuuuuuuuucks as a truck. I mean, one of it's "selling points" is that the box sides are so low you can reach right in.... Because it can't hold squat. El Camino was a long time ago, Gladiator brought worthless back with a bang.
Sponsored