Sponsored

canceled my bronco reservation in hopes of a Bronco pickup.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do have 6' of length with rear seats down, which isn't much less than my Taco had...so window up/roof off, I figure I can make it work most all the time. OTHER than hauling deer....
I've had plenty of full size Blazers with top off and rear seat out that still didn't take the place of a truck. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't fit, and a lot of stuff you don't want inside with you. The Bronco is cool, but it is not a truck.
Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
anybody else feel the same?
Yep, just sold my car today and I'm on B&P sites for all the truck makers...except for Ford, they seem determined not to sell any vehicles.

I originally wanted a two door Bronco but the four seats was making it difficult to justify for a family a five. It's so odd to me why it doesn't seat five when the four door isn't any wider, just longer.

Plus, we just inherited some land out in the country that we want to start building on, so I'll need a truck to take tools and supplies out there. So the more I look at it, the more difficult it's getting to justify an SUV. I knew that I was going to have to pull a trailer in place of a truck bed and now with the four door compromise...and needing a vehicle now, not possibly in 2022...I'm back to looking at trucks. I'm realizing that I need a DD, not a toy. :(

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, just sold my car today and I'm on B&P sites for all the truck makers...except for Ford, they seem determined not to sell any vehicles.

I originally wanted a two door Bronco but the four seats was making it difficult to justify for a family a five. It's so odd to me why it doesn't seat five when the four door isn't any wider, just longer.

Plus, we just inherited some land out in the country that we want to start building on, so I'll need a truck to take tools and supplies out there. So the more I look at it, the more difficult it's getting to justify an SUV. I knew that I was going to have to pull a trailer in place of a truck bed and now with the four door compromise...and needing a vehicle now, not possibly in 2022...I'm back to looking at trucks. I'm realizing that I need a DD, not a toy. :(
I think the 2 dr seats 4 because of where the seats are located in relation to the wheel wells.

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah.. But you gotta get rid of those plastic bumpers. No sway bar disconnect, No heavy duty bash plate, no rock rails. The Wildtrak is nice. But I'd rather have a fully optioned Badlands.
Really? A flop?

Ford Bronco canceled my bronco reservation in hopes of a Bronco pickup. FFA55B0B-FBD3-4AA5-B4B8-3F549D1698BA
Since the Colorado and Canyon are the exact same vehicle their sales should be combined. That places the Gladiator 4th, only in front of the 6yr old designed Nissan Frontier. Gladiator only capturing ~17% of total 2020 YTD midsize truck sales in what is essentially a first new model year for them.

That's called a flop brother.

Sponsored

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since the Colorado and Canyon are the exact same vehicle their sales should be combined. That places the Gladiator 4th, only in front of the 6yr old designed Nissan Frontier. Gladiator only capturing ~17% of total 2020 YTD midsize truck sales in what is essentially a first new model year for them.

At probably 50-75% higher sales price than the others. I’d say that is pretty good. I bet the profit per gladiator is crazy compared to all the fleet sales included in the Ranger and GMC twins.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is

I believe the Nissan Frontier is a 16 year old design (2004) that had minor updates for the 2010 model. I'm amazed they are selling as many as they are.

The Gladiator would probably sell better if they offered it in a extended cab with a longer more useful bed or the regular cab J6 concept. Both versions would look better and function better as a truck than the crew cab with the tiny 5' bed.
j6-022.jpg

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don’t know that it’s a flop. It’s not a real pick up truck. Those sales look pretty good for what it is, if it is not just taking share from Wrangler. I’m surprised it’s that high as the truck is hideous and not functional. Bronco truck would be almost equally hideous with the length it would have to be.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is what a majority or people want. Just go to any city area or suburb and look at all the purty polished trucks out there that have never had the bed touched. For some reason (other than enthusiasts and most of us here) people must just like having that bed to say they have a truck and then never use it as a truck. This is why Gladiators are selling well because that base of buyers mostly never actually need a truck bed in the first place. So I can almost guarantee Ford will come out with Bronco truck with a wee cute little bed in it because that’s what most suburban and city people want. It’s not meant for people who actually need a truck for the bed capabilities. That’s what the F series is there for