Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there's going to be no differences between the two model years? Because either way, you're placing your order in January, regardless of when you reserved.
That's the thing I think they need to adjust actually. They should not require any reservations after September 18 to put in their order by January 31 (or cutoff for moving their dealer). That would not make sense for a number of reasons. Just a couple that I can think of...

1) It's very far out and people may change their minds about trims/options
2) It will give Ford an opportunity to offer new things (colors and options) for the MY22
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This great news. Fence sitting has consequences. I personally hedged my bets by placing order 7/14 and 10/2. I may go with a first year with meh colors or may buy the Tan/Olive MY22. I have choices because of my choices and I will live with my choices.
I sound old...like I have to earn my choices.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure why people keep talking about September 19th. The letter clearly states PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 18TH for '21 builds. Prior to does not mean up to and including, regardless of what Mike Levine might say.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So lets assume (rough numbers here) that Ford has the capacity to build 140000 Broncos between June and December. Now lets say that by their September 18th artificial MY21 cut off date they only have 100000 reservations converted to orders.... By your logic Ford would only build 100,000 Broncos (40000 below capacity) even though they have more orders converted after the Sept 18th MY21 cutoff date. Doesn't make sense. I know I am overthinking it but that is what we do here at Bronco6G!
They put 2021MY sticker on truck 100000, then put 2022MY sticker on truck number 100001 right behind it. There is no special formula between model years for most cars. Corrections and variations are known to happen mid-cycle without disruption to manufacturing.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So there's going to be no differences between the two model years? Because either way, you're placing your order in January, regardless of when you reserved.
The difference is they might charge more for the packages for those that get a MY22 vs those who get a MY21

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know. I just don't see why everyone thinks every single change, delay, or new information is because of a website.
Once again, see my post below... because it's been 3+ months since the reveal and still no B&P. Therefor people assume that this is all tied together.

Now if they said Dealer Change for your Mach-E reservation has been bumped, then sure, they might not link that to a Bronco B&P.

I'm just trying to say, I can see how people might think this way.

My guess is because here we are 3+ months after the reveal and still NO B&P. And it's not like Ford or anyone has given us a date of B&P, therefor logic would probably tie the 2 together.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why people keep talking about September 19th. The letter clearly states PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 18TH for '21 builds. Prior to does not mean up to and including, regardless of what Mike Levine might say.
To be fair, we don't know what "by" means either.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet. Now at least I don't have to wait another year. And seeing how that equation is being done with the remaining "50%", I'm glad my dealer is ranked in the top 150 for Ford dealers in the US.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it appears to me that the cut off date is a pretty good barometer of what Ford thinks they can build by next December. I don’t think this affects me (or those who switched to October) it just means it will be called a 2022 which was a long standing question anyways. I’m still keeping my early reservation just in case, being a 2022 makes me nervous about price hikes.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how do you figure you will get year 1 pricing? (i mean, I doubt it will be much different anyway)
I would imagine, that your order doesn't get placed until they figure out the 22MY formula that they mentioned in the brief. At that point, you are just buying a '22 Bronco.
Assuming that a reservation after Sept 18 <whatever> allows use of the same B&P that comes out in <whenever> and placing my order in January. Same Granger deal, same B&P tool at the same time as 160K+ other folks.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Except for all of the people that took Granger up on their October Deal. My reservation date is July 14th (like everyone else that placed it on July 13th). What I am really trying to find out is if there will be any dealer stock on the lots in 2021.
Well regarding the Granger oct deal I'm pretty sure Granger made it crystal clear it was for people willing to wait awhile to get their bronco, could be well into 2022. I think it was mentioned over and over in that thread

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how some of you are getting confused about the cut-off date. It's pretty clear.
Screenshot 2020-10-16 142227.jpg

Keyword is PRIOR.
That is my point.... I get that they have cut off MY21s for reservations on Sept 18th, the question is what do we think the July 13th through Sept 18th reservation conversion percentage will be and will that match Fords MY21 capacity??? Or would they cut to MY22 production early? It could also point to a lot later production delivery schedule than June.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the thing I think they need to adjust actually. They should not require any reservations after September 18 to put in their order by January 31 (or cutoff for moving their dealer). That would not make sense for a number of reasons. Just a couple that I can think of...

1) It's very far out and people may change their minds about trims/options
2) It will give Ford an opportunity to offer new things (colors and options) for the MY22
Ford is still going to going to make as many as they can as fast as they can. They just had to pick a date for a model year cut off.
Reservations placed on 9-18 or later won't magically now be built later than they were before.
I would bet we don't see any options and packages changes for MY 2022 and pricing holds until all orders are filled.
Sponsored