First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I see a bunch of tunes that show dyno results of +50HP or more for the 2.7. Tons of videos too. But where is the proof besides a dyno chart? I want to see T-Box times or a head to head stock vs. tuned drag race. Anyone found somethin like that?

Capture.JPG
Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

American Trucks over on YouTube did something similar. They raced 2 F150’s, a 5.0 and I wanna say a 3.5? Maybe it was a 2.7.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could head over to the Fusion Sport Forums and lurk for awhile there.....

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whipple has a performance package that shows up to 120 hours and 60 lbft of gaines, with 150 lbft increase at 3500rpm. States it stays within factory safe operating parameters. Not something I plan on adding until after warranty expires but works worthy of checking out.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I can get my bronco in the 4 sec range that would satisfy my speed thirst. Nothing like a brick flying by all those 1990 Honda civics that the kids put an exhaust on and window stickers like they are being sponsored .

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sub 5 second 0-60 is freakin impressive!!! Heck, even a mid 5 second 0-60 would be impressive for a barn on wheels!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I can get my bronco in the 4 sec range that would satisfy my speed thirst. Nothing like a brick flying by all those 1990 Honda civics that the kids put an exhaust on and window stickers like they are being sponsored .
There is one driving round here that has a sticker on the back that says “V8 Killer” I am just looking to line up with and wax him. Lol

That thing couldn’t kill an injured bird laying in the road.:ROFLMAO:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is one driving round here that has a sticker on the back that says “V8 Killer” I am just looking to line up with and wax him. Lol

That thing couldn’t kill an injured bird laying in the road.:ROFLMAO:
These pretty much sum up the trend ?

Ford Bronco Tuning the 2.7L 1602883783320
Ford Bronco Tuning the 2.7L 1602883629505
Ford Bronco Tuning the 2.7L 1602883684634
Ford Bronco Tuning the 2.7L 1602883983363

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add Infiniti sedans to that group. It's a real thing for high schoolers in my area. Competing for the loudest and most obnoxious looking.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it matters, tuning (unless it's from Ford Performance) will void warranty. The entire drivetrain is tested based on current specifications. Axel, u-joints, driveshaft, etc while probably able to handle the additional torque, it hasn't been certified beyond stated numbers from manufacturer. I did find out that Ford can tell if you have ever chipped the engine, and/or removed the chip. They say, "it's been logged". Let's hope they offer Ford Performance tuning...

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For what it matters, tuning (unless it's from Ford Performance) will void warranty. The entire drivetrain is tested based on current specifications. Axel, u-joints, driveshaft, etc while probably able to handle the additional torque, it hasn't been certified beyond stated numbers from manufacturer. I did find out that Ford can tell if you have ever chipped the engine, and/or removed the chip. They say, "it's been logged". Let's hope they offer Ford Performance tuning...
That’s not entirely true. Roush, Steeda, Shelby and Saleen don’t void if performed by an authorized dealer. Certain whipple products are also licensed by Ford Performance. If they do void it, they replace it with their own warranty.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they still replace chips?? My tune is in a software tunner, I can tune, or return to stock in 5 minutes. Most stock tunes are in the EPROM so can be easily changed.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do they still replace chips?? My tune is in a software tunner, I can tune, or return to stock in 5 minutes. Most stock tunes are in the EPROM so can be easily changed.
Typically no, ECUs are flashed with a new tune. Dealers can detect aftermarket tunes by number of start cycles (ignition cycles actuall, I believe)

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically no, ECUs are flashed with a new tune. Dealers can detect aftermarket tunes by number of start cycles (ignition cycles actuall, I believe)
Correct, every time you flash a new tune the start counter resets to zero, I asked 5star if there was an option not to reset it but was told it is a separate chip that is not programmable.
I got around that when my rig went in for service, told the tech I was getting a lot of Random misfire codes and for him to reflash the ECU, soon as I got home I flashed my custom tune.
Sponsored