Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize for being a new member. I see that you run the show around here. My apologies, King Elmystico
I have no problem with new folks. I'm not here to defend Granger. You missed my point, as did Corey. But I'm not surprised. You are busy working at Fusz and I guess I should not have expected you to have the time to thoroughly read up on all the valuable discussions folks have have had here for months -- new and old members, dealers and customers. Doing that first might have helped you begin contributing here less controversially and more usefully, rather than by just laughing at people in a thread because they don't agree with you.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And you arent quite entirely correct either. Yes to an extent, but dealer allocation will 1000% be a big factor, hence my whole point of my statement in the first place. im not dogging on any dealer, or anyone for how they are doing things. Allocation, supply constraints, ect will all be factors, which is why the 2021 vs 2022 argument is somewhat of a moot point. But yes, only closer numbers will really vary. this thread is geared towards those around the sept 18th order timeframe though. early reservations should be good.
I think you are convoluting dealer allocation for dealer orders vs. delivery of reservation-holders' vehicles. Go back and check with your reps on that info.

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What elements make up a snapshot of initial dealer allocations prior to the order bank opening?-
50% - Reseravtions before September 18 - Known
25% - Rating on national sales -Known
25% - Competitive area sales -Known
Reservations out strip production
Its in the Memo
(y) Looks like it is still possible to change based on conversions to orders as well

Yes but it is based on the number of reservations at an earlier date, that will change as more reservation still have come in from all dealerships...

The official allocation will be determined after the reservations convert to orders...
ty

Im simply stating facts that people switching to Granger, due to allocation, could in fact have ordered prior to the 2021 cut off date, but wind up with a 2022. as i stated, its an unfortunate possibility. nice try though haha.
Could you outline an example scenario how that would happen?

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just a thought here, my sister has worked in a Ford plant that made seats for the old ranger. They would shut down for two weeks in Aug. to switch lines to the next model years built. Wondering if this is part of what Ford is doing. They need to make the switch at some point. ?‍♀
Switch for what?

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are convoluting dealer allocation for dealer orders vs. delivery of reservation-holders' vehicles. Go back and check with your reps on that info.
He’s not. Read the first post on the thread. Dealers are getting allocation to fill reservation orders based on the formula. You could get screwed based on your dealer not getting enough allocation. That formula has Nothing at all to do with dealer orders for stock.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
(y) Looks like it is still possible to change based on conversions to orders as well

ty

Could you outline an example scenario how that would happen?
It’s based on when you put in your original reservation. Switching dealerships won’t change that.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't quite correct. Yes, it's true that our reservation numbers aren't an exact place in line, but it's reasonably close, subject to how Ford actually produces the vehicles. If I'm holding #10000, I'm not getting mine after someone who holds #50000 just because he ordered with a different dealer. The biggest factor in delaying receipt of a Bronco from the approximate place in line could be supply constraints.
The biggest factors are 1) where you are in line with your dealer and 2) how many allocations they get based on the formula.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Didn't read all 30 + pages but I'm probably one of the few fine with mine being a 2022.

I dont have to be the first on my block with one, just as long as I get one.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First time Poster, and this thread is quite funny. Quite a few disagreements on things that a lot of people dont actually know about. Ford has constantly been having meeting with different teams, dealerships, and product groups in regards to the Bronco, its reservations, allocations, and penalties. For the record, your reservation number "in line" does not correspond to what order you will get your Bronco. Allocations for reservations as it stands is based on dealers market share, suv sales, bronco reservations, ect. There will be ZERO allocations to dealers to have on lot vehicles to sell to the general public for 2021 models. They will ALL be reservation orders unless all reservations are met. As for the "after the 18th" deadline and your Bronco being a 2022. You could still wind up with a 2021 if you reserved after the 18th. If people back out(and people have been as it was only a $100 reservation), then your spot moves up. They will not cap 2021 Production at only the reservations made before the 18th. It will be capped at a # of vehicles produced. As it stands that number is decided based on # to be produced vs number of reservations received by a specific date.

Also as it stands, there WILL be penalties for dealers who order Broncos and customers back out. Granger Ford has been talked about in these meetings with Ford. Ford is aware. Changing locations to Granger could in fact set you back in receiving your Bronco, that is an unfortunate fact. Changing to Granger Ford could cost you going to a 2022, even if you reserved prior to the 18th deadline due to allocation adjustments.

Be prepared for constant changes as Ford is constantly in discussion on this in managing both the fairest, and most effective way to bring us a phenomenal product.
Looks like @Kris87 has a second account now. ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This hasn't been addressed yet.....
What happens to the reservation holder/orders which do not fit into their dealers first allotment?
Do these orders get bumped to a 'second round' of allotments?
This could be one scenario where an early reservation gets bumped to a late delivery due to dealer's standing in the allotment formula.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This Bronco experience has illustrated for me just how ripe the auto industry is for disruption. The 'dealership' channel seems to add very little value for customers, and I think Ford recognizes that evidenced by their toe-in-the-water outreach to the end buyer.

But Ford doesn't seem to be adept at dealing with end buyers (3 on a 10-point scale)...and in fact may never be able to break the current mold.

Add the inevitable EV revolution where the true value will reside in the powering technology, and its very possible that none of the big 3, or their vast dealer networks, will even exist in 20 years.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This hasn't been addressed yet.....
What happens to the reservation holder/orders which do not fit into their dealers first allotment?
Do these orders get bumped to a 'second round' of allotments?
This could be one scenario where an early reservation gets bumped to a late delivery due to dealer's standing in the allotment formula.
These are the questions we don't have answers to (the more that gets announced, the more questions I have). We also aren't sure EXACTLY how allocation will be calculated, will they use time stamp to determine when during the year your allocation falls, or will they just use you have X number of reservations so you get X% of production each month? My guess is the latter, but we'll see.

I'm hoping when Ford does the estimates of allocation before conversion starts, they'll give us some idea of the long term plan for the orders that won't get built in 2021.

Also the first allocation number will just be an estimate, that could change once conversion is over depending on how many orders convert. If customers move around a lot (and dealers put these new customers in time stamp order), it could all go out the window as earlier reservations could bump ones that we thought would be first. Also if lots of rservations cancel, some dealers that have few cancel will increase their % of reservations and turn into more allocation, just too many variables to be very accurate right now.

The one thing I can confirm is that some will get theirs early and be very happy and some will be bent out of shape because later orders arrive well before theirs, just can't tell you what group anyone is going to be in, including myself.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This Bronco experience has illustrated for me just how ripe the auto industry is for disruption. The 'dealership' channel seems to add very little value for customers, and I think Ford recognizes that evidenced by their toe-in-the-water outreach to the end buyer.

But Ford doesn't seem to be adept at dealing with end buyers (3 on a 10-point scale)...and in fact may never be able to break the current mold.

Add the inevitable EV revolution where the true value will reside in the powering technology, and its very possible that none of the big 3, or their vast dealer networks, will even exist in 20 years.

That's a very interesting observation. I'm a young dealer principal relatively speaking with 3 kids. I'm not sure that I would guide them to take over the dealership once they're at the age to do so. I'm not sure as you stated everything will look the same 20, 30 or 40 years from now.
Sponsored