Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it fair to say that every MY 2021 Bronco built will go to fill a reservation? Will there be any dealer stock for MY21? What happens to the reservations that were made prior to September 18th, 2020 that do not get converted into an order? Do those go to dealer stock or to someone with a reservation after Sept 18th?
No dealer stock for 2021 broncos at all except for one mannequin that will be a service vehicle ie it can't be sold until it reaches a certain mileage
Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Except for all of the people that took Granger up on their October Deal. My reservation date is July 14th (like everyone else that placed it on July 13th). What I am really trying to find out is if there will be any dealer stock on the lots in 2021.
No there won't

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok...I keep hearing this, but seriously? It takes 2 to tango as they say. Who is the rube who just fell off the turnip truck who buys a "like new" used vehicle for MORE than new msrp? In my state you couldn't do this because dealers must close on Sundays (salesman wouldn't be able to advertise "one owner car, only driven to church on sunday"). Are Atlanta area dealers open on sundays?
You need to ask @Kris87 at Atkins Ford in Winder GA this question. Search his posts and you will see this is exactly what he plans on doing. So fuck the the folks that played by the rules...Kris here has figured out exactly how he is gonna play the game to get as many 2021 Broncos as possible and fuck the customer out of as much money possible....Ain't that right Kris? ?
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date 20201017_105910

Last edited:

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good Question. They'll probably go into Dealer Stock and get marked up $20,000? ?
They have been very clear about this any bronco reservation not converted to an order will not be built dealers will only see broncos for the 21 model year that are attached to an order plus one mannequin that will be classified as a service vehicle, hence not sellable until it reaches a certain mileage on the odometer, the only way dealers will be able to get stock is if someone has the bronco physically in front of them and the paperwork done and they refuse to buy it.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow...this is all really starting to piss me off!!!

Ford initially told their customers orders would be filled as close to reservation dates as possible. I completely understand prioritization based on model, material availability and even regional delivery. But all this dealer preferences bullshit is just that...BULLSHIT!

"F" Ford...and "F" their F'ing Bronco! Jeep Rubicon here I come! I'm out!!!
Everyone moves up 1 slot then.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question for you Ford dealers...how does Ford view dealerships relative to any allocation formulas being applied?

For these math purposes, is a dealership always a single location? If two or more dealerships are owned by the same party (not just the name on the marquee)..are these sites treated as a combined storefront? How about if they are in different geos?

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
‘I’ve seen this claimed by others, but I don’t believe it is true. I did a plant tour of MTP back in 1997, with an Expedition owners group. That’s the plant where they made Expeditions and Navigators. There was no pattern of color, options, or even model on the line. There would be 3 or 4 Expeditions of various colors, then a Navigator, then more Expeditions of various colors.

Fast Forward to 2006, I toured the Flat Rock plant, then known as Auto Alliance International, with a GT500 owners group. Again, Mustangs of all colors and trim levels were rolling down the line, one after the other. Not only that, but interspersed were Mazda 6s - hence the Alliance and International part of the plant name.

With just-in-time manufacturing, there is no advantage to running certain colors or trim levels at the same time.
What you experianced was a publicity stunt for the tour is my guess. One of the things that gave Ford an edge allowing them to cut expenses was a production line where only one model option package and color was produced. Allowed the company to produce higher qulity cars at a cheaper price. Previous each car would be configured as ordered slowing the assembly line down resulting in higher prices cars with more ah oh's.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an unfortunate reality i was trying to bring up a short bit ago but was shit on for it. ...

Ford doesnt want all of the allocations going to one region.
let's say, for kicks, granger get 50% of the initial national allocation,
why is this a bad idea, since granger will be delivering nationwide?

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have been very clear about this any bronco reservation not converted to an order will not be built dealers will only see broncos for the 21 model year that are attached to an order plus one mannequin that will be classified as a service vehicle, hence not sellable until it reaches a certain mileage on the odometer, the only way dealers will be able to get stock is if someone has the bronco physically in front of them and the paperwork done and they refuse to buy it.
That's good to know, thank you. I hope Ford holds to this policy. If they do, 2021 Broncos should be somewhat limited? And may command a good resale value?

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people seem to think something said doesn't apply to them. Some of these people probably thought 2022 really meant July 2021. I have a hard time believing people that want a Bronco would wait 1 1/2 - 2 years to get one? A good deal of these people have very low post counts or joined this forum the day they placed the $2k deal. I feel most of those people are dreamers that will never follow through.

I have a 7/14 reservation....I will be canceling it and using my 10/2 reservation with Granger. I did this with intent and full knowledge that this would mean waiting until 2022 for my Bronco.

I have two nice cars, I don't mind the wait and I wanted the confusion to shake itself out and see if any new colors/options were added, who knows I may wait for the Hybrid, but I doubt it. It's not a money issue, I most likely will be paying cash.

So, there are those of us out there, we are not all "dreamers" and I don't see where post count applies to anything.....maybe the serious buyers are just quieter... ?‍♂

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to ask @Kris87 at Atkins Ford in Winder GA this question. Search his posts and you will see this is exactly what he plans on doing. So fuck the the folks that played by the rules...Kris here has figured out exactly how he is gonna play the game to get as many 2021 Broncos as possible and fuck the customer out of as much money possible....Ain't that right Kris? ?
Ford Bronco Official Update: Bronco Reservation Move Cutoff Date (Jan 31) + 2021MY Allocations Cutoff Date (Sep 18) + 2022 MY Reservation Start Date 20201017_105910
I would like to know how it works...I can't see an angle. No need to call the guy's integrity into question. If he's got an angle he's got an angle. I just don't see it?

Jmh745

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 F-150, ‘20 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you experianced was a publicity stunt for the tour is my guess. One of the things that gave Ford an edge allowing them to cut expenses was a production line where only one model option package and color was produced. Allowed the company to produce higher qulity cars at a cheaper price. Previous each car would be configured as ordered slowing the assembly line down resulting in higher prices cars with more ah oh's.

That is not the way it works at KC building the F-150’s... Every truck down the line is a different trim model with different colors and options.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's good to know, thank you. I hope Ford holds to this policy. If they do, 2021 Broncos should be somewhat limited? And may command a good resale value?
Yeah I would say so, that is why slimy dealers like this @Kris87 guy are asking people to reserve two and sell one or both back to the dealership

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question for you Ford dealers...how does Ford view dealerships relative to any allocation formulas being applied?

For these math purposes, is a dealership always a single location? If two or more dealerships are owned by the same party (not just the name on the marquee)..are these sites treated as a combined storefront? How about if they are in different geos?
Every dealer location is treated independently.
Sponsored