Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cyber Orange Outer Banks rocking the Big Bend grill. Both have the grill shutters.
Huh? That's always been the Outer Banks grille, a black version of the big bend the same way the Wildtrack is the black version of the Badlands... And all models has grille shutters
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big bend looks pretty good stock, minus those mud flaps. The grey wheels match the top and trim pretty well.
Good pickup, I had to go back to the photos. The mudflaps do look terrible. I'm pretty sure they are standard on the BB. Must just be a Franken-Option-Trim.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh? That's always been the Outer Banks grille, a black version of the big bend the same way the Wildtrack is the black version of the Badlands... And all models has grille shutters
Excuse me. I thought the BB grill was the best and unique to it. I never paid attention to the OBX trim as I think it looks terrible and suited for mall-crawling. If this thread only had the OBX being discussed, I would never had clicked on it. For some, they like the OBX look. I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

Also, I didn't think Badlands had grill shutters.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rocker panels really seem to "need" something to cover up the pinch welds and the holes.
I agree. For those of us on the BB trim, the absence of the Rock Rails really leaves the rocker panels "naked".

Sponsored

gamma_j

Black Diamond
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if they are available on the Base, but for all other trims they are either standard or an option.
I think they're available on everything but the Base and Black Diamond. At least that's what Ford's website says. Under Safety, it's not listed as an option. Not sure if it's an oversight for BD or not, but these two trims come with the same grill so I wouldn't be surprised if it's correct.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. For those of us on the BB trim, the absence of the Rock Rails really leaves the rocker panels "naked".
I'm right with you on the trim selection. Those pics even show the holes on the OBX and didn't seem quite right to me. I think the one accessory that I will get, well one of the 2, will be rock rails. Assuming of course that they look clean and cover up the nakedness. *Headed to Jeep stuff now to get a rough price.

EDIT: About $400. OK, not horrible.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm right with you on the trim selection. Those pics even show the holes on the OBX and didn't seem quite right to me. I think the one accessory that I will get, well one of the 2, will be rock rails. Assuming of course that they look clean and cover up the nakedness. *Headed to Jeep stuff now to get a rough price.

EDIT: About $400. OK, not horrible.
I would be interested in some trim without incurring the weight of the rails. My rig will never be rock crawling so toting around 2 rails of steel everyday doesn't make much sense.

Being a late reservation holder, perhaps Ford will offer a rocker panel molding/trim cover for MY2022. If not, I'll buy on the aftermarket.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They better not fuck us on shadow black tops for MY21 as well. Still haven’t seen one,
nor has another member who works at the factory. I am hoping this would start to appear, likely on an OBX, still nothing.

Its only been shown on the fishing edition, which doesn’t mean anything given its no different than the one cactus gray and white top they’ve been toting around.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They better not fuck us on shadow black tops for MY21 as well. Still haven’t seen one,
nor has another member who works at the factory. I am hoping this would start to appear, likely on an OBX, still nothing.

Its only been shown on the fishing edition, which doesn’t mean anything given its no different than the one cactus gray and white top they’ve been toting around.
Are you referring to the MY22 shadow black modular top?!

Too soon?

Sponsored

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, I'm convinced this forum has complained so much about the carbonized gray top, that Ford went ahead and just changed the black fenders to carbonized gray instead. (the black door handles and pillar don't seem to match either of the fenders or top now)

65F1FBDA-07B8-4C9A-81EB-24C840001D30.jpeg
I am pretty sure the roof, fenders and handles have always been the same. Only the door pillars have ever been black. The MIC stuff changes shades between grey and black based on angles of light. The fenders are at different angles to your eyes then the roof so they regularly look different but they can also look perfectly matched in certain conditions. I think so many people complain about it since they appear to match sometimes and other times not.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pretty sure the roof, fenders and handles have always been the same. Only the door pillars have ever been black. The MIC stuff changes shades between grey and black based on angles of light. The fenders are at different angles to your eyes then the roof so they regularly look different but they can also look perfectly matched in certain conditions. I think so many people complain about it since they appear to match sometimes and other times not.
I agree 110%