Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some on this forum have said that a reservation made prior to Sept 18 may end up being a MY22 versus a MY21 because of allocation. I am trying to determine if this is being said just to create FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt)?

If you assume the following:
1) Ford has all the reservations in their system
2) Ford has been working on securing the manufacturing process, the parts and materials needed to build Broncos and thus now has some idea of how many Bronco’s they can make and deliver for MY21.
3) Ford has access to computers with the appropriate algorithms and historical manufacturing data to determine a conservative cutoff date for how many reservations can be fulfilled for MY21 Broncos.

Therefore, considering the above assumptions, wouldn’t it be illogical for Ford to select a cutoff date that would not allow them to satisfy the MY21 demand? A demand that they just created by selecting the stated cutoff date. Sadly the allocation formula may impact MY21 delivery schedule, but it should not affect the MY designation.

With the continued impact of Covid, Ford has some big challenges ahead. I believe Ford wants to do whatever it can to support their customers, but they will be working through the dealerships. The memo's last sentence sums up Ford’s desire to support the Bronco reservation holders, but also their reliance on the dealers. “To help manage customer expectations during order conversions, we will communicate an initial allocation forecast ahead of order banks opening using reservations as of September 18th (prior to conversion) along with the other allocation formula factors.”

Now that Ford has announced MY21 reservation cutoff date and has postponed the reservation transfer end date from Oct 31, 2020 to Jan 31, 2021, it has put control in the hands of reservation holders. For all reservation holders, we should focus on the quality of our dealer. Is the dealer transparent, is the dealer honest, will the dealer be forthright with informative, will the dealer put their commitments in writing? All this should be determined prior to converting our reservation to an order. If for any reason you question staying with your current dealer, find a new one. I am not referring to finding the best price, rather I am referring to not being impacted by dealer shenanigans. Once the reservation is an order, all the power transfers to the dealer.
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can someone correct my understanding if I'm wrong here:

Reservations for 2021MY made after Sept 18 are essentially converted to MY2022, without any info for pricing, trims, or packages?

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I understand the whole market saturation situation, but Ford needs to realize Granger isn’t selling these to Des Moines area residents only. Ford has the information on where all Granger’s reservation holders are from on their Ford accounts. The information is available to them and they could quickly plot them on a map to easily see where the Granger sales will end up.

I view the current situation as a power play from upset big dealers, since they have local customers leaving for Granger/Stephens/Laura or whatever better deal someone has found. We’ll see how this evolves over the next 3-5 months.
You are correct on Ford knowing where those reservations are going to. Laura is in our local region and everyone in our area has been aware of how they do things, so for some of us dealers, this pricing model isn't much of a surprise. Most big dealers i think are taking these reservation shifts to those dealers with a grain of salt though all because of Fords standard allocation method. Sure Granger and those others are pulling a ton of reservations from their deals, but there are still tons of customers wanting a bronco who didn't reserve one, so once were in normal production, allocations will be just as every other model. Ford just has to figure out how much normal allocation models they are willing to change to fulfill the reservations.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone kindly give me the tldr on this my2021 vs 22 situation. My Rez is sept 20th so looks like I missed the cutoff by 2 days. Is it pretty certain I shouldn’t expect deliver before calendar 2022?
[/QUOT
The New Years models come out in September, I’m thinking they are saying it will be after the model year change. Still in 2021 colander year most likely. I’m kind of wondering if a second year run might produce a better vehicle, they’ll have ironed out some bugs. This is a first year run, in a first year run plant.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone correct my understanding if I'm wrong here:

Reservations for 2021MY made after Sept 18 are essentially converted to MY2022, without any info for pricing, trims, or packages?
are 100% correct!

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are correct on Ford knowing where those reservations are going to. Laura is in our local region and everyone in our area has been aware of how they do things, so for some of us dealers, this pricing model isn't much of a surprise. Most big dealers i think are taking these reservation shifts to those dealers with a grain of salt though all because of Fords standard allocation method. Sure Granger and those others are pulling a ton of reservations from their deals, but there are still tons of customers wanting a bronco who didn't reserve one, so once were in normal production, allocations will be just as every other model. Ford just has to figure out how much normal allocation models they are willing to change to fulfill the reservations.
Of course there’s “normal customers” who want a Bronco. Why didn’t they get a reservation then? They should wait until every reservation is filled. If they don’t want to wait, it’s only $100 to get the reservation.

If they’re wanting to circumvent the process Ford laid out with reservations, then they need to wait. Are big dealers getting pressure from locals not wanting to go through the process or something? Is this because some local buyers waited and screwed themselves, but now want in and don’t want to wait?

I think we can agree, Ford needs to stop tinkering trying to appease everyone. That isn’t going to happen. Pick a lane a go. I for one, think they should do everything within reason to honor their original reservation system. Is that reality, probably not.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course there’s “normal customers” who want a Bronco. Why didn’t they get a reservation then? They should wait until every reservation is filled. If they don’t want to wait, it’s only $100 to get the reservation.

If they’re wanting to circumvent the process Ford laid out with reservations, then they need to wait. Are big dealers getting pressure from locals not wanting to go through the process or something? Is this because some local buyers waited and screwed themselves, but now want in and don’t want to wait?

I think we can agree, Ford needs to stop tinkering trying to appease everyone. That isn’t going to happen. Pick a lane a go. I for one, think they should do everything within reason to honor their original reservation system. Is that reality, probably not.
I agree on honoring the reservations. There have been a lot of people who yes, screwed themselves by not putting in a reservation. We scratch our heads every day when one of them comes in. Considering we have had some people come in asking if we have them yet has been hilarious as well. There's people who want to see and drive them first, know full pricing, ect. It is by all means their loss. A surprising number of people seem to think dealers either have, or are going to have inventory

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree on honoring the reservations. There have been a lot of people who yes, screwed themselves by not putting in a reservation. We scratch our heads every day when one of them comes in. Considering we have had some people come in asking if we have them yet has been hilarious as well. There's people who want to see and drive them first, know full pricing, ect. It is by all means their loss. A surprising number of people seem to think dealers either have, or are going to have inventory
Who’s job is it to educate these people? Ford? Dealer? 6g? Bronco Nation? I think the future customers need to realize they aren’t owed a damn thing dragging their feet and wanting to jump the line in front of reservation holders.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate to admit that I’m so stupid that I can read fifty pages of this thread and still don’t know what’s going on. (I had too much fun in my youth and lost a few brain cells I wish I had back) Somebody help me out...

Is the Sept 18th cutoff really just a clerical marker for MY dealer allocation formulas and we are all still ordering the same Broncos with the same options with the same prices OR does Sept 19th really reflect a brand new MY and we should expect two different B&Ps with slight tweaks to prices, trim levels and options?

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to admit that I’m so stupid that I can read fifty pages of this thread and still don’t know what’s going on. (I had too much fun in my youth and lost a few brain cells I wish I had back) Somebody help me out...

Is the Sept 18th cutoff really just a clerical marker for MY dealer allocation formulas and we are all still ordering the same Broncos with the same options with the same prices OR does Sept 19th really reflect a brand new MY and we should expect two different B&Ps with slight tweaks to prices, trim levels and options?
You’re not stupid. Most are thinking the same thing.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford doesn't even seem sure what they're doing for MY21....I'm sure they haven't given a thought to what they'll do for '22. Seems to me their long-term planning goes out @ 2 weeks

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think anyone can answer this correctly related to options, B&P or models. Except, as of right now, I think your MY assumption cutoff is accurate. For now...
Next month? Who knows what the rules will be.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That SUCKS!
Had to be done...at least now we have a number...as far as pricing and options? We don't technically have that for 21my either! Sounds like little to nothing will change, but 22my gets you past any "late availability" caveats.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had to be done...at least now we have a number...as far as pricing and options? We don't technically have that for 21my either! Sounds like little to nothing will change, but 22my gets you past any "late availability" caveats.
What's to stop Ford from removing a trim I want, or raising MSRP $1000? It's little things like that I'm concerned about.
Sponsored