Sponsored

Finalizing your 2021 Bronco order & DIO ...

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those not purchasing through @Granger Ford or @StephensAutoCenter

- Now that B&P time is closing in, I've been thinking about the order process. I suggest in person ONLY next to the salesman confirming all the essentials. Color, Trim, DIO of course and the small particular items that we personally want on our Broncos to be ordered correctly. Considering the long wait for B&P, delivery, lack of Bronco knowledge shown by most dealers and the 40k-50k price tag. We ourselves need to be active and involved with the order process start to finish. A simple email will not suffice. Everyone has experienced mistakes by way of a missed key stroke when typing. We all will be very upset should it happen to any of us. So let's not assume anything, be involved with the order so there is nothing but satisfaction after the long wait! B&P 10/23 ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From the way all or most B6G members have reacted so far, I donā€™t think there will be any problems with us being ā€œinvolvedā€. ?
Weā€™re like a bunch of crazy overprotective helicopter parents over our baby (Bronco).

Ford Bronco Finalizing your 2021 Bronco order & DIO ... F43CE4C6-88B2-40C3-9920-C43CC93975EF
Ford Bronco Finalizing your 2021 Bronco order & DIO ... D8332ECD-0694-46C5-899D-04416A0E6289

OP
OP
Daytona_Bronco

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From the way all or most B6G members have reacted so far, I donā€™t think there will be any problems with us being ā€œinvolvedā€. ?
Weā€™re like a bunch of crazy overprotective helicopter parents over our baby (Bronco).
I will be all up in that order screen before hitting send lmao !!!

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. I feel like build and price is going to be another ball game as I assume all the DIOs will show up as well as other options not present now. The hard part will be not to get carried away. The last time I custom ordered a vehicle it was a sports car so I focused on the performance options and stayed away from the almost infinite and pricey trim options. Still have the car 3+ years later and am still happy with the way I ordered. Will try to do the same with the Bronco.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wasn't the big deal with B&P is that you can save your configuration and send it to the dealer? If that's the case just make sure you as the customer add what you want based on the options before you hit send or at least print it out if you want to sit next to your dealer when they order.

Sponsored

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh Imma be ready:

ā€œWhat do u mean I canā€™t have that option with a manual?!!ā€

ā€œAn extra HOW MUCH for that wheel?! Are you outta yer mind?! Show me your screen!ā€

ā€œYou typed a ā€˜bā€™, that was a ā€˜bā€™ not a ā€˜pā€™, what are you trying to pull here?!ā€

Ford Bronco Finalizing your 2021 Bronco order & DIO ... C865794F-8458-40AE-88AD-80985EB10702

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford says youā€™ll be able to save your config and send it to the dealer.

From their recent email: ā€œBe sure to save your configuration from Forā€Œdā€Œ.ā€Œcom to share with your dealer.ā€

As long as I can do that, no need to sit with the dealer.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

From their recent email: ā€œBe sure to save your configuration from Forā€Œdā€Œ.ā€Œcom to share with your dealer.ā€

There is negotiation. As someone who orders their vehicles, all these particular orders are going to be a headache for the dealers. People who are overly enthused are going to be a thorn in the dealers sides. It also is going to be a headache for production. Where dealers order specifics for the lot (usually similar to other dealers) special orders only account for 5-10%. In summary I am not just going to leave it in my dealers hands. I have specifics that I need to discuss regarding delivery preferences.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought (perhaps @Granger Ford can clear this up) that dealers still need to enter whatever we send them manually. If this is the case I will send it but I still want to be there when my dealer inputs it into Ford's system just to make sure everything is good.

I'm sure it would be fine to let them do it if I'm not there but...."trust but verify."

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like the idea of over email. Reason I say that is if there is any question of what you asked for it what they said you have a trail of those exact exchanges.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I understand, the B&P tool is just for playing around.

You aren't ordering anything until December / January.

Nothing changes or is written in stone in the B&P. It just may help people make some decisions. Advice on talking to dealerships is premature at this stage. Heck, didn't we get info that said you can move your reservation to another dealer by Jan 2021, now.

I have 3 options in mind:
1) Badlands
2) Black Diamond w/ Sasquatch
3) Black Diamond no Sasquatch

The B&P will narrow that down to one - but since I don't order until December / January - there is nothing I need to do in October or November for sure.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Gamecock

I thought (perhaps @Granger Ford can clear this up) that dealers still need to enter whatever we send them manually. If this is the case I will send it but I still want to be there when my dealer inputs it into Ford's system just to make sure everything is good.

I'm sure it would be fine to let them do it if I'm not there but...."trust but verify."
That is correct dealerships enter the orders...

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I always ordered (phone, fax, or email) and received a printout of my order, line by line, with standard package levels and the available options added for the trim level and any discounts. Ended up looking much like the window sticker on the delivered vehicle. Never had an issue but never ASSUME. I will be dealing with a new sales person since the former one retired.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just have to remember to tell Stephenā€™s Auto Center to order mine with a front license plate bracket

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always ordered (phone, fax, or email) and received a printout of my order, line by line, with standard package levels and the available options added for the trim level and any discounts. Ended up looking much like the window sticker on the delivered vehicle. Never had an issue but never ASSUME. I will be dealing with a new sales person since the former one retired.
That would be ideal: Saving the configuration, sending to dealership, verifying by phone, and email confirmation from dealership with all the details. Which I will print out, blow up, and hang on my wall so I don't spend six months second-guessing my order (What trim, wheels, tires, engine, transmission, color, did I say I wanted again? How many doors? Did I go ahead with the switches or not? What else did I order? And how much did I agree to pay for all that ?).

I will obsess over this.
Sponsored