Sponsored

We Took Jeep's First Truck in Almost 30 Years Through a Flood - Here's What Happened

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very interesting :clap: Troller can wade trough a lot of water also. Won't take the aftermarket long to have a snorkel for the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very interesting :clap: Troller can wade trough a lot of water also. Won't take the aftermarket long to have a snorkel for the Bronco.
Is that Clearfield County mud you are quadding through there?

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

31.5ā€ inches ;)
I remember watching these in highschool and almost convincing my dad to drive down to Ole Mexico with me to pick one up for a cool $16-17 USD.... then the research came with the US safety stuff and by the time it would be legal it would be a helluva lot more than that and it didnā€™t happen. I was excited when the ranger came to the states again, but it doesnā€™t perform and isnā€™t as versatile as itā€™s competitors here. I mean seriously... the back seats donā€™t even fold.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was a kick ass video!
Now I know what was happening when I had to ford some deep water in my F250 7.3PSD some years back,

I was basically idling through with no issues and decidied to give it just a bit of throttle...it was dark out, like 2AM dark, and the bow wave pushed over the head lights ... of course it was muddy water, so it had the effect of turning out the lights. That startled the shit out of me.
I got through and never gave it much thought until some weeks later, doing some maintenance and discovered a soaked air filter...... I had gotten VERY lucky.

I was towing my Dad's Ranger (Boat) at the time..... I've always wondered if that thing was floating along back there.
I was shitting too many bricks to think about looking back. LOL

Looking back, it was a supremely stupid move on my part.

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that Clearfield County mud you are quadding through there?

For the record the pic is my son, he loves wheeling:D. Can't wipe the smile off his face every time he goes. But more to your question ā€¦ā€¦. it is Bloody Skillet ATV trails in Centre country. I live about 45 minutes east of the Skillet. AOAA is 45 minutes south of me. I haven't been out to Clearfield yet. He just got certified, took me almost all summer to get in a class. If I can get away from work might make it out there this year.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That was a kick ass video!
Now I know what was happening when I had to ford some deep water in my F250 7.3PSD some years back,

I was basically idling through with no issues and decidied to give it just a bit of throttle...it was dark out, like 2AM dark, and the bow wave pushed over the head lights ... of course it was muddy water, so it had the effect of turning out the lights. That startled the shit out of me.
I got through and never gave it much thought until some weeks later, doing some maintenance and discovered a soaked air filter...... I had gotten VERY lucky.

I was towing my Dad's Ranger at the time..... I've always wondered if that thing was floating along back there.
I was shitting too many bricks to think about looking back. LOL

Looking back, it was a supremely stupid move on my part.
most new vehicles have a pretty sensitive MAF sensor. Working for a towing company for a few years. You see a lot of Sedans hitting puddles. Then shutting down because the tiniest amount of water got in the filter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the record the pic is my son, he loves wheeling:D. Can't wipe the smile off his face every time he goes. But more to your question ā€¦ā€¦. it is Bloody Skillet ATV trails in Centre country. I live about 45 minutes east of the Skillet. AOAA is 45 minutes south of me. I haven't been out to Clearfield yet. He just got certified, took me almost all summer to get in a class. If I can get away from work might make it out there this year.
I heard of the ATV & motorcycle trails there - never been there but sounds awesome. :clap: But the mud reminded me of some of the areas in Clearfield County I used to take my motorcycle through in the 60's before there were ATV's. And then the ATV's came out and we used to hate them - because they ruined all our motorcycle trails. :shock:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I heard of the ATV & motorcycle trails there - never been there but sounds awesome. :clap: But the mud reminded me of some of the areas in Clearfield County I used to take my motorcycle through in the 60's before there were ATV's. And then the ATV's came out and we used to hate them - because they ruined all our motorcycle trails. :shock:

The state used reclaimed mine lands to use as ATV/SXS trails. but there are still areas that are untouched by the mines and you get to ride on the old logging roads. Some places use the state forest roads as trails, you can always catch an old logging road on those too.. The state has really changed it's view in the last decade or so and they finally realized how much revenue it brings in each year.

OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The state used reclaimed mine lands to use as ATV/SXS trails. but there are still areas that are untouched by the mines and you get to ride on the old logging roads. Some places use the state forest roads as trails, you can always catch an old logging road on those too.. The state has really changed it's view in the last decade or so and they finally realized how much revenue it brings in each year.
Now if the state would only allow us to take our Broncos on those trails! :crackup:

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
effective but fugly, looks like your driving a car with that front end
Sponsored