Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given the cutoff date/ allocation issue, it’s getting more unclear as to when we would get our Bronco’s.

Many people(including me) will be more than upset if our August or even late July reservations were pushed into 22my.

At what point will we find out when we would get the Bronco? Would I be able to call my dealer tomorrow and find out if my reservation is getting pushed to 22my. Would the dealers now have the math needed to see when their dealership’s cutoff date is due to allocation rules?

i need to decide whether to wait indefinitely for a Bronco or get a Wrangler now.
They can't possibly know anything until the window closes to convert reservations to orders end of January. If the conversion rate is lower than Ford expects, they can backfill from the 2022 bucket and some reservations Sept 18th and later could be filled. The conversion rate could also be higher than Ford expects, putting reservations close to the cutoff in danger.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I view the current situation as a power play from upset big dealers, since they have local customers leaving for Granger/Stephens/Laura or whatever better deal someone has found. We’ll see how this evolves over the next 3-5 months.
This idea that Ford is going to decide who gets their Broncos based on an allocation and not their place in the reservation line suggests they figure we as customers are willing to accept one of two options:
  1. Wait while others well behind us in line get their Broncos because we chose the wrong dealer
  2. Get screwed and pay more because we have to choose a dealer that will get more Broncos and offers no discounts, or worse, marks them up
Of course, they are forgetting option 3, pass on buying at all. No matter what people think about large corporations, I'm holding out hope that none could be so stupid as to colossally screw over their brand ambassadors.

Last edited:

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They can't possibly know anything until the window closes to convert reservations to orders end of January. If the conversion rate is lower than Ford expects, they can backfill from the 2022 bucket and some reservations Sept 18th and later could be filled. The conversion rate could also be higher than Ford expects, putting reservations close to the cutoff in danger.
What I suspected. Then I hope that Ford makes the deposit $500 or more non refundable to weed out those people who would order with little or no intention of following through with a purchase.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Follow up on what @Gamecock said- I believe its been stated that when your order is converted and it clears the initial allocation, it will be built in the global time stamp order subject to commodities etc.
But even the part "when your order is converted" (which I think you mean, when my reservation is converted to an order) is different than what has been publicly communicated just recently that we don't have to rush out and be the first one to get our order in with our dealer--that we have until January 31 and won't lose our place in line.

(I've clearly understood that mine is not an exact place in line, but an approximate. That means if I'm #20000 in line, I might be 22000 to get mine, but unless I've got some configuration that is limited by parts, I shouldn't be 40000 or even 30000, but this whole thread has been about how I could be, merely for choosing the "wrong" dealer.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(I've clearly understood that mine is not an exact place in line, but an approximate. That means if I'm #20000 in line, I might be 22000 to get mine, but unless I've got some configuration that is limited by parts, I shouldn't be 40000 or even 30000, but this whole thread has been about how I could be, merely for choosing the "wrong" dealer.
That's the part that's been bugging the hell out of me. I hope they clarify this sometime soon, because as it stands now it appears that those of us going through a smaller dealership are getting shafted for doing so, and our reservations be damned due to the allocation process.

Not keen on the idea of having an early reservation, yet getting pushed to 2022 simply because I went with a smaller dealership that I like and trust. When someone who reserved much later may get theirs delivered in '21 just because they went through one of the big dealerships.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This idea that Ford is going to decide who gets their Broncos based on an allocation and not their place in the reservation line suggests they figure we as customers are willing to accept one of two options:
  1. Wait while others well behind us in line get their Broncos because we chose the wrong dealer
  2. Get screwed and pay more because we have to choose a dealer that will get more Broncos and offers no discounts, or worse, marks them up
Of course, they are forgetting option 3, pass on buying at all. No matter what people think about large corporations, I'm holding out hope that none could be so stupid as to colossally screw over their brand ambassadors.
Option 1 suggests Ford is still out to punish Granger and ultimately the customers that piled on to their deals.
I think option 2 is where Ford wants to see most customers. The threats of penalties from Ford for cancelled orders will encourage some of them to make deals. Those that try ADM's will likely have more customers walking away.
I doubt Ford is worried about option 3. They have far more reservations than they know what to do with.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's to stop Ford from removing a trim I want, or raising MSRP $1000? It's little things like that I'm concerned about.
You are correct that in the past (non-reservation model) if your dealer didn't get an allocation and your order is bumped, you have to pay the then-current price and must configure it to that year's options. This happened to me on a truck order.

However, I think it is likely that reservation holders that don't make the allocation cut at their dealership will probably get an email from Ford saying "Congratulations, your order has been upgraded to model year 2022 at no extra cost to you. It will be built to the specifications of your original order." That may be welcome news. Who wants to take delivery of their 2021 Bronco when there are already 2023 F-150s on the lot?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I suspected. Then I hope that Ford makes the deposit $500 or more non refundable to weed out those people who would order with little or no intention of following through with a purchase.
if FORD raises the non-refundable deposit to 10,000$US, they'll definitely be able to meet their likely production ceiling for MY21

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if FORD raises the non-refundable deposit to 10,000$US, they'll definitely be able to meet their likely production ceiling for MY21
I think Ford requiring any non-refundable deposit, especially after establishing that they cannot keep promises (eg "tweaking" the reservation model), would make FCA very happy.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need some advice. I have day 3 reservation at a small dealership. My dealer told me last week she had 53 reservations. Am I ok or do I need to change to a larger dealership? And having asked that,how do I find out who are the largest dealerships in my area?

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need some advice. I have day 3 reservation at a small dealership. My dealer told me last week she had 53 reservations. Am I ok or do I need to change to a larger dealership? And having asked that,how do I find out who are the largest dealerships in my area?
Sorry Stu I can’t answer your question but isn’t it sad that Ford has gotten us to this low point? It sounds like you have a perfectly nice small dealership, honest enough to give you their closely guarded knowledge of number of reservations and yet we are all stuck trying to figure out how to navigate all of Ford’s convoluted changes. Is our dealer large enough? Are there enough Jeep’s in our market? Do I need a small market reservation? A large market reservation? A MY21 reservation? An MY22 reservation? Good grief Ford, somebody step up and explain this nonsense to us so we can stop trying to guess which hoop to jump through.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would guess a day 3 reservation would be fantastic anywhere. See if she will give up your place in her reservation book.

If you really trust and like the dealer then I would start with them for guidance. Seems like you have 2+ months to make a change (until things change again). I'd hate for good dealers to start loosing customers due to Ford corporate screw ups.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like if you have a day 3 res, and they don't have 26 before yours you should be fine. Ask them if they can get your order in thier 1st allocation. 1st 50% of a dealers allocation is based on reservations. They wont know thier total allocation...but they know what 1/2 of a number is!
Sponsored