Sponsored

Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm new to off-road modifying. Are we talking about the same kind of anti-sway bar that I'd take off the front of my 2000 Mustang at the drag strip? I could take mine off and put it back on in probably 5-10 minutes, and it definitely wasn't meant to ever be removed.
Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the badsquatch costs substantially more
I don’t know the budget that OP is working with, but if you’re open to paying for a sway bar disconnect on a Wildtrak (which won’t be cheap), I don’t think getting an upgraded Badlands is a big deal. You’re already playing around in the upper cost range of the Bronco trims. Why not throw down a little extra to get what you want?

Additionally, based on the pricing breakdowns posted on this forum, a fully spec’d out Badlands Sasquatch is maximally $4k more than a Wildtrak. Not sure if I’d call that “substantially more”. It’s less than 10% of the cost of the vehicle.

MSF

Wildtrak
First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t know the budget that OP is working with, but if you’re open to paying for a sway bar disconnect on a Wildtrak (which won’t be cheap), I don’t think getting an upgraded Badlands is a big deal. You’re already playing around in the upper cost range of the Bronco trims. Why not throw down a little extra to get what you want?

Additionally, based on the pricing breakdowns posted on this forum, a fully spec’d out Badlands Sasquatch is maximally $4k more than a Wildtrak. Not sure if I’d call that “substantially more”. It’s less than 10% of the cost of the vehicle.
I was under the impression the sasquatch package costs 10k, but yet again, you're right, $4k aint that much to add to get all that extra specs. cant wait to play around with the B&P

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone who tells you the disco is only for rock crawling does not understand what a disco is, what it does or what the benefit of being able to disco is. If you never rock crawl you can still find the absolute benefit of disco once you get off road.

Easy answer is if you can get any off road vehicle with sway bar disconnect then do it. Because having the option to disco is something you will learn that you will use often off road. The bronco unit is hydraulic and that is a huge step up from the Jeep Rubicon electric unit in many ways that I don’t even want to get in to.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression the sasquatch package costs 10k, but yet again, you're right, $4k aint that much to add to get all that extra specs. cant wait to play around with the B&P
Pricing survey had Sasquatch as $2500 on Badlands, half the cost of getting it on other trims.

Reactions: MSF

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. So you have to crawl under the vehicle. Still, who cares for $80.

I knew $100 wasn't getting you the electronic version that can be disconnected under load.
That's why I said "manual".

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sway bar disconnects aren't the only solution to good off-road articulation. I have a Currie Anti-Rock on my Jeep and the rig is very stable and predictable on trails with somewhat more lean when turning on the road.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hydraulic SBD is a convenience feature, not an added functionality. On non-badlands Broncos, you’ll be able to disconnect the swaybar for free with a ratchet and a wrench.

If you know you’ll be disconnecting your sway bar all the time it’s really nice to have— but again it’s not a feature you’ll be losing if you don’t get it, it’s a convenience and a time-saver.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hydraulic SBD is a convenience feature, not an added functionality. On non-badlands Broncos, you’ll be able to disconnect the swaybar for free with a ratchet and a wrench.....
Do you know where the sway bar is on the Bronco? On a Jeep it is the furthest bar on the front of the vehicle. Very easy to get to (I manually disco often). On the Bronco looking at pics it looks like it is not in the same location. So to say you will be able to do so manually On the Bronco could be a stretch.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sway bar disconnects aren't the only solution to good off-road articulation. I have a Currie Anti-Rock on my Jeep and the rig is very stable and predictable on trails with somewhat more lean when turning on the road.
Currie anything rocks!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you know where the sway bar is on the Bronco? On a Jeep it is the furthest bar on the front of the vehicle. Very easy to get to (I manually disco often). On the Bronco looking at pics it looks like it is not in the same location. So to say you will be able to do so manually On the Bronco could be a stretch.
I’ve seen pics of the underside where the bar mounts, but haven’t gotten a good look at where it connects to the end links. You’re right I shouldn’t assume it’ll be easy to get to but I can’t imagine a 4x4 will be difficult to access the end links.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve seen pics of the underside where the bar mounts, but haven’t gotten a good look at where it connects to the end links. You’re right I shouldn’t assume it’ll be easy to get to but I can’t imagine a 4x4 will be difficult to access the end links.
Yeah it looks like it is behind the front wheel is only reason why I’m asking.

Ford Bronco Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak? 7B7DCD98-417C-4EA1-9B3E-C0384B8417FB

Appears like the front driveshaft (that is not there) is above and to The left Making the pic of hydraulic disconnect behind the front wheel or under the drivers feet?

Ford Bronco Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak? 9E49E31D-BEB9-4B6A-8F6F-261A693EC3F0

Same vehicle view from front.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The front skid plate extends past the swaybar, so it might be harder than you think. Just changing the oil on a Raptor is tricky due to the armor.
The sway bar is on the back of the front end and its unobstructed. Keep up

Badlands 2 door at Super Cel West
Ford Bronco Sway Bar disconnect option (aftermarket or factory) for Wildtrak? 6F7A6C6D-23E4-4359-93F4-A10D208B222F

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, somebody knows where the sway bar is.
It is unobstructed and what looks to be very easily removable.
Sponsored