Sponsored

What package is required to get heated steering wheel/ heated seats?

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s not std on the BB
I'm 100% sure on the heated seats being mid pack/ BD up but I'll have to double check the streering wheel info and get back to you
Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always like turning the heated seat on full blast in the summer to an unexpecting passenger.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of my first interior mods is to channel the mold trap/rear AC vent under the driver's seat to actually cool my taint.
mold trap is the best description I have heard, I was just gonna block them off but I may have to route them as well lol and the reason they didnt do the ventilated seats is in order to do them you need to have hundreds of tiny perforations in the seat and for obvious reasons that is a bad idea.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mold trap is the best description I have heard, I was just gonna block them off but I may have to route them as well lol and the reason they didnt do the ventilated seats is in order to do them you need to have hundreds of tiny perforations in the seat and for obvious reasons that is a bad idea.
What obvious reasons? Don't suggest because of an open roof. Because if that is the case, then the carpet in the Big Bend doesn't make sense either.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What obvious reasons? Don't suggest because of an open roof. Because if that is the case, then the carpet in the Big Bend doesn't make sense either.
I was thinking that as well as the mold dirt dust grime mud humidity etc also idk if u have seen a skin nautique or yamaha sport boat or fishing boats for that matter but they have carpet and they are all fine. There is marine carpet that would work but frankly idk if they would include it hence I am getting the black diamond.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking that as well as the mold dirt dust grime mud humidity etc also idk if u have seen a skin nautique or yamaha sport boat or fishing boats for that matter but they have carpet and they are all fine. There is marine carpet that would work but frankly idk if they would include it hence I am getting the black diamond.
But even those that have cloth interior, there is no reason not to offer cooling seats. The very nature of cloth is that it is breathable with "thousands of tiny perforations". I think it is more of an Occam's Razor. Ford is so entrenched in the cold weather climate that it simply didn't occur to them that a large segment of buyer's have no use for heated seats. I would hazard a guess that an Everglades edition includes cooling seats. They missed for MY21. They will correct it for MY22.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Getting the black diamond as well for the same reasons. I don't care about carpet, but being around boats for a fair portion of my life ( born and raised on Long Island ), that marine vinyl is the tits. Ford's version will most likely be on par or surpass the stuff I'm used to.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Washable, waterproof seat covers.
You are missing my point. The whole idea that cooling seats were offered was because it must have seats with thousands of perforations. Cloth by it's very nature has thousands of perforations. It can't be because Ford was targeting a washout interior as the Big Bend has carpeted floors with only passive drains. Any electrical component required for the cooling would be at the same risk as the electrical component for heated seats.

There really is no reason why cooling seats can't be offered. Ford missed.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are missing my point. The whole idea that cooling seats were offered was because it must have seats with thousands of perforations. Cloth by it's very nature has thousands of perforations. It can't be because Ford was targeting a washout interior as the Big Bend has carpeted floors with only passive drains. Any electrical component required for the cooling would be at the same risk as the electrical component for heated seats.

Sorry, I missed that part and only saw the part about washable items, but for cooled seats, I've not seen cloth cooled seats in any of the vehicles I've looked at. It's always been some type nappa /alcantara type material, not the base seat fabric. Could they have added it to the leather seating option? Possibly.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Jeep missed too? For over a decade across two generations? Or are electronics inside perforated leather seats in an open top vehicle a bad idea?

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
And cloth seats?
are a bad idea too
Jeeps have had cloth seats and carpets standard for decades.
FCA uses mold resistant cloth and foam.

Ford simply decided that was to much coin to copy.

OTH: the Bronco comes with AC, Power locks and windows standard.
While the Jeep doesn't.

Pick your poison.
Sponsored