lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here order through Bronco Dealer? I messaged him, but I'm guessing he's swamped with emails right now. I just need to know which dealer he's at. Also looking to reserve a Black Diamond since I'm guessing the Badlands will quickly creep into the 50's after options.
yeah, badlands 4dr into the 50's with 2 options as there will be gas guzzler tax on all models people don't think about

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah, badlands 4dr into the 50's with 2 options as there will be gas guzzler tax on all models people don't think about
Please expand on that if you can. Does the ranger and f150 have a gas guzzler tax as well?

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please expand on that if you can. Does the ranger and f150 have a gas guzzler tax as well?
This is straight from the EPA (table below). For reference the Ranger Crew cab with the 2.3L Turbo and 10 speed is rated at 23mpg combined.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread D95F1F72-E77A-4411-A8C9-A6D76A50CD25

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is straight from the EPA (table below). For reference the Ranger Crew cab with the 2.3L Turbo and 10 speed is rated at 23mpg combined.
D95F1F72-E77A-4411-A8C9-A6D76A50CD25.jpeg
The Bronco is not a car.

" The Gas Guzzler Tax is assessed on new cars that do not meet required fuel economy levels. These taxes apply only to passenger cars. "

Raptor with a 16MPG combined with no guzzler tax.

https://www.mullinaxfordkiss.com/ap...cguid=SH-665ba6a6-83aa-c297-7f37-54db742af170

Hellcat with a 15 MPG combined with the tax.

https://www.gettelcdjr.com/new-Punt...SRT+Hellcat+Redeye+Widebody-2C3CDZL90LH205791

Jeep Wrangler 20 MPG combined and no tax.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4GJXAG3MW571145

Last edited:

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong the guzzler tax may only apply to cars and not pick ups or suv's currently hopefully it hasn't been expanded to suv's and pick ups. But with it taking so long to get this to us a change may occur Washington in 2021 that could expand this tax.

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could be wrong the guzzler tax may only apply to cars and not pick ups or suv's currently hopefully it hasn't been expanded to suv's and pick ups. But with it taking so long to get this to us a change may occur Washington in 2021 that could expand this tax.
Given the current state of the economy, and the fact that many pickups and SUV's are used as business vehicles for small business owners, I can't see them doing something like expanding it. This might be a different story in say 2030 when many car manufacturers will have already changed to a hybrid-EV lineup.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why hasn't Ford shared some non CGI pictures from all sides of the Black Diamond? It would be nice to see how the 32's look inside those wheel wells.
From another thread on here.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 2021 Bronco fender flares removed - no fenders flares(1)

Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still think the BD is the best bang for the buck with the rear locker standard. How many daily drivers need a front locker. Unless you plan on some serious rock crawling or trails, the rear locker will take the average person where ever you want to go, without having to damage the body all up

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I still think the BD is the best bang for the buck with the rear locker standard. How many daily drivers need a front locker. Unless you plan on some serious rock crawling or trails, the rear locker will take the average person where ever you want to go, without having to damage the body all up
Absolutely agree. I, however, will probably go Base Squatch, same money a bit more capability. The BD does have some nice additional features however.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the BD, but I will probably go with base and add everything the BD has like bash plates and stuff along with Sasquatch and it will cost around the same as BD without Sasquatch. I don't care about marine vinyl seats or rubber flooring.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the BD, but I will probably go with base and add everything the BD has like bash plates and stuff along with Sasquatch and it will cost around the same as BD without Sasquatch. I don't care about marine vinyl seats or rubber flooring.
But you can't get the Mid package on the Base, and that is my wife's one condition, so BD it is.