Sponsored

Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without a major engine upgrade. You have normal Broncos maxing out at around 50k , 60k with tons of options.

what are we getting with the warthog if it’s upgrade is just the aviator engine? A few millimeters of displacement and a big boost of HP? Some suspension?

I think if they are going to make a product that sells outside of the 60k range they need to go big or go home.

either a large loud v6 or a V8 for people who really want their truck to be insane. Otherwise the other broncos are fine.

You need a car that is a violent pig. and a nice quiet ecoboob isnt going to work.
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The suspension is a completely different design in the rear and looks heavily upgraded in the front.
ya but whats the point of having trophy truck suspension if your engine is a twin turbo golf cart?

Just give the car balls

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3.0 V6 with 400HP
you can tune the 2.7 well beyond 400hp making the aviator engine a worthless "upgrade"

the horsepower isnt the issue here. The issue is the displacement , torque , and balls of the vehicle.

Why spend 65-70k on a vehicle with no balls?

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh you’re one of those... :rolleyes:
im going to be happy with my 2.7

im just trying to understand what the point of the warthog is. If its going to be the raptor class of the "bronco" brand. A aviator engine isnt going to cut it if people are spending $$$$.

It will flop.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you can tune the 2.7 well beyond 400hp making the aviator engine a worthless "upgrade"

the horsepower isnt the issue here. The issue is the displacement , torque , and balls of the vehicle.

Gotcha. Troll thread.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You haven't seen the leaked "NUTZ" package for the Warthog? Extra 3" factory lift was needed so they don't drag. (Below pic is pre-production, actual NUTZ package is much bigger and droopier)

Ford Bronco Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog? Truck-Nuts-via-Reddit

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want to know why somebody would spend 70k+ on a car that is less capable than a raptor. and only SLIGHTLY more capable than a bronco.
You must have already driven a loaded Badlands and the Warthog both extensively to have come to this conclusion. Please share your in-depth review of how both drive. We'd love to know. ?

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, I understand the question. The Bronco already isn't cheap, and we're looking at adding another 15% or more to the tag. Why would someone pay that?

The issue here is we literally do not know what the Warthog is going to be able to offer. Hell, we barely know the real world capabilities and offerings of the standard Bronco once it gets into the public and begins to be upgraded. So I get it, there has to be a tangible difference to warrant the upgrade. But at the same time let's not pretend everyone who owns a Raptor needs even a sliver of the performance differences. Hell, 95% of the Broncos that will roll off the line won't see more action than splashing through a mud puddle on the side of a road. A lot of this is about looks, status, and the cool-factor.

And for the future....talking about "giving the vehicle balls" is not an effective way to get your point across.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not trolling and i dont appreciate it.

I want to know why somebody would spend 70k+ on a car that is less capable than a raptor. and only SLIGHTLY more capable than a bronco.
How do we know it is less capable than the Raptor? How many Raptor do you see running around downtowns pulling up to law offices, hospitals, firms, etc etc..??? No one knows about the Warthog or what it is going to be. I can't imagine Ford making it less capable than the Raptor

DobbsMT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not trolling and i dont appreciate it.

Nothing has been announced or described. That aside, who cares who will buy it and who won't? Buy it or don't and move along.

The last thing we need is another, "you know what really grinds my gears" thread.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. because Ford can; just like building the Raptor it's about as close to a trophy truck as you can get. The warthog will be billed as the street version of the Baja 1000 bronco. Sure it'll look great and be fun to drive; and as was mentioned just a little more capable then the bronco. That said, on the Raptor side it has shit for towing capacity 6-8k lbs verses non raptor F150 up to 13200 lbs (based on configuration). so I guess the point of your post is that it's personal. Ford can build it and as they brought the raptor back into production and folks are buying them, Ford will build the warthog bronco and there will be folks that fork over the cash. just my thoughts.
Sponsored