Sponsored

Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not trolling and i dont appreciate it.

I want to know why somebody would spend 70k+ on a car that is less capable than a raptor. and only SLIGHTLY more capable than a bronco.
Well, we don’t know any of the capabilities of the Warthog yet, seeing as it is still in testing.
You cannot compare a modified 2.7 to a stock 3.0, that’s a pointless strawman argument. Do the same mods to both and then you can compare.
The spy shots show a drastically different rear end and it looks like beefed up front end with active shocks. To say it is the same performance is way too early and guessing it’ll end up being incorrect as well.
let me guess if it had the 5.0 you would be “ALL IN”.
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, we don’t know any of the capabilities of the Warthog yet, seeing as it is still in testing.
You cannot compare a modified 2.7 to a stock 3.0, that’s a pointless strawman argument. Do the same mods to both and then you can compare.
The spy shots show a drastically different rear end and it looks like beefed up front end with active shocks. To say it is the same performance is way too early and guessing it’ll end up being incorrect as well.
let me guess if it had the 5.0 you would be “ALL IN”.
No i have no need for any vehicle like that. Im just wondering fords strategy with it.

I could see ford offering the 3.0 to the main bronco in 2022+. But having an entirely different line of broncos powered by a teeny tiny upgrade over the 2.7? seems meaningless

Something like a 3.5 or fords modular 5.4 v8 3 valve

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You haven't seen the leaked "NUTZ" package for the Warthog? Extra 3" factory lift was needed so they don't drag. (Below pic is pre-production, actual NUTZ package is much bigger and droopier)

Truck-Nuts-via-Reddit.jpg
They look out of place. He should have opted for the black balls in my opinion...to match the rest of the truck.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is like asking what is the point of NA V8? it is old skool and someone over 50 will buy it.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Raptor was built to take on the Baja and high speed desert runs I think the Warthog is being built for a King of Hammers style platform. A mix of high speed+ crawling

Badlands + Wildtrak

Sponsored

Brandong1981

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze, Saturn astra, Chevy c10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there isnt enough information to have a serious conversation about the justification of a warthog. This thread feels like a "complaining for the sake of complaining" because nothing useful to anyone will come from it. we are a year or more away from being able to make useful speculation. Let a quarter mill 2021 production unit broncos get 10k or more miles from their owners first.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there isnt enough information to have a serious conversation about the justification of a warthog. This thread feels like a "complaining for the sake of complaining" because nothing useful to anyone will come from it. we are a year or more away from being able to make useful speculation. Let a quarter mill 2021 production unit broncos get 10k or more miles from their owners first.
I agree with your last sentence

thats why im asking what the point of the warthog is when its barely an upgrade from the unreleased bronco that has yet to have customer feedback

it just seems like a poorly planned product

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Without a major engine upgrade. You have normal Broncos maxing out at around 50k , 60k with tons of options.

what are we getting with the warthog if it’s upgrade is just the aviator engine? A few millimeters of displacement and a big boost of HP? Some suspension?

I think if they are going to make a product that sells outside of the 60k range they need to go big or go home.

either a large loud v6 or a V8 for people who really want their truck to be insane. Otherwise the other broncos are fine.

You need a car that is a violent pig. and a nice quiet ecoboob isnt going to work.
Maybe FORD should hire a certified MARKETING GENIUS like you! Expert as you are on vehicles that aren't in production yet and comparing them to vehicles you know nothing about that may be announced in the future.

SO SICK of whiny posts like this! If you want to moan about concept vehicles take it somewhere else, you are boring me to death. I'll probably stick to my 4Dr Badlands since I'm married with two little girls, but if were still young & stupid, I'd probably by the badass Warthog just to rub your nose in it. I'm sure it's gonna be cool, no matter what the haters say!

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Without a major engine upgrade. You have normal Broncos maxing out at around 50k , 60k with tons of options.

what are we getting with the warthog if it’s upgrade is just the aviator engine? A few millimeters of displacement and a big boost of HP? Some suspension?

I think if they are going to make a product that sells outside of the 60k range they need to go big or go home.

either a large loud v6 or a V8 for people who really want their truck to be insane. Otherwise the other broncos are fine.

You need a car that is a violent pig. and a nice quiet ecoboob isnt going to work.
im hoping twin turbo v6 3.5 L , 0-60 at 5 seconds, better suspension and hopefully 37 in tires

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When Ford announced the Raptor everyone thought it would flop. And 10 years later, it finally has competition via the TRX.

im going to be happy with my 2.7

im just trying to understand what the point of the warthog is. If its going to be the raptor class of the "bronco" brand. A aviator engine isnt going to cut it if people are spending $$$$.

It will flop.

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Emergency vehicle application(Ford has a TV ad with that theme)...Military...Government ( park service?- Search and rescue...export to other countries?)...I believe it just may be a "Test Mule" for the engineers trying additional options that will wind up in an accessory (Bronco) catalog ( I like rebuildable shocks!) ...as for engines...might need HD stuff ( frame suspension tires wheels) to handle a diesel...Rudolf's engines usually weigh a lot more than gas ICE....( or it's a secret develop program to build vehicles to enter in the Dakar!)

Last edited:
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe FORD should hire a certified MARKETING GENIUS like you! Expert as you are on vehicles that aren't in production yet and comparing them to vehicles you know nothing about that may be announced in the future.

SO SICK of whiny posts like this! If you want to moan about concept vehicles take it somewhere else, you are boring me to death. I'll probably stick to my 4Dr Badlands since I'm married with two little girls, but if were still young & stupid, I'd probably by the badass Warthog just to rub your nose in it. I'm sure it's gonna be cool, no matter what the haters say!
im not a hater. You are flying off the hinges for no real reason.

Im just asking why i should be spending 70+k on a car with extreme suspension and a joke engine

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No doubt there are a lot stupid threads on this forum.

The OP prob knows he can't afford the Warthhog so he is just trashing it before even giving it a chance.

Sponsored