First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I've been hearing reports of at least one local dealership that's been calling customers promising them broncos next year when they come out. These calls are to people without reservations. I know one of these people and have been arguing with them back and forth that its just not possible. But this dealership has them convinced they'll be getting one in April or May when they're available. Anybody heard similar stories? Are dealerships coming up with some back door around the reservation process?
Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I've been hearing reports of at least one local dealership that's been calling customers promising them broncos next year when they come out. These calls are to people without reservations. I know one of these people and have been arguing with them back and forth that its just not possible. But this dealership has them convinced they'll be getting one in April or May when they're available. Anybody heard similar stories? Are dealerships coming up with some back door around the reservation process?
I read about that on the national enquirer

OP
OP

srae321

Big Bend
First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I read about that on the national enquirer
Make fun all you want but it was a legitimate question. My brother in law is being told by his dealership that they'll have a bronco for him this spring - even though he never made a reservation. If that's the case then there's some shady shit going on.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make fun all you want but it was a legitimate question. My brother in law is being told by his dealership that they'll have a bronco for him this spring - even though he never made a reservation. If that's the case then there's some shady shit going on.
Sport, maybe?

Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry, wasn't intended as making fun or an insult. But unfortunately dealers are making false claims as evident from this forum. None of us know at this time what to expect as far as deliveries and time table until orders are placed and production based on those orders. Sometimes my sarcasm can be interpreted as being rude- I'm working on it. ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Could be confused with the Sport, but 2 months ago I was at a dealership for a different vehicle. Started talking about the Bronco and the salesperson said that a few of the 'salespeople' there had reserved Bronco's... for dealer stock. Now take that for what it's worth, could've just been a salesperson talking out their ass. I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me.

OP
OP

srae321

Big Bend
First Name
Shawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could be confused with the Sport, but 2 months ago I was at a dealership for a different vehicle. Started talking about the Bronco and the salesperson said that a few of the 'salespeople' there had reserved Bronco's... for dealer stock. Now take that for what it's worth, could've just been a salesperson talking out their ass. I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me.
See I wondered that very thing. I wouldn't be surprised.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not saying that this won't happen here and there but Ford will have to do some serious damage control if this happens across the board.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some dealers are probably doing some shady stuff. I bet they are paying for employees to reserve them. After they order them, the buyer "opts out" and then the dealer sells it. Just my 2 cents.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the one hand, I have trouble believing that the ONLY way one can get a new Bronco is by making an online reservation. There has to be at least SOME dealer allocation, if nothing else for the purpose of show and tell.

Likely not in the first shipment, likely not in the first month of production. But eventually, they will have floor models. While Ford can make any agreement they can negotiate with their dealers, I can't imagine them feeling really keen about showcasing a car they aren't allowed to sell. Could be there's plenty of precedence for this of which I'm unaware. Maybe an angle to allow dealers ADM on a handful of units and up the hype?

On the other hand, he's talking to a car dealer, so...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or that the dealer is convinced that some orders will fall through at delivery. This making a machine available to the first/highest bidder.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not saying that this won't happen here and there but Ford will have to do some serious damage control if this happens across the board.
I wouldn't expect it across the board. But can certainly see a few dealers here and there doing it.
Sponsored