Sponsored

Anyone else feel like Ford is doing this all wrong?

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn’t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly “Do nothing, tell no one” strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and I’m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.

its one of the most hyped cars trying to break into a market dominated by Jeep and no dealers appear to have any info at all. Meanwhile theres pamphlets showing how Jeep plans to go toe to toe with the bronco and seems Jeep dealers have strategies in place. Things like strategy and build and price and promotion showings should have been in the works since last year through the reveal this year. i know there’s a pandemic but there’s so many ways to promote this vehicle and it seems Ford isn’t pursuing any of them.
Agree. This forum gives me more information than officially from Ford, and that's wrong IMO. They should've delayed the reveal if they weren't prepared for the hype. But ??‍♀ it is what it is. Now that the hype has lessened with all this, I feel much better about not being roped into something that I may not love. I'm keeping my eyes on other options rather than making a hasty decision. That's a good thing.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Ford may have botched this. From a leadership, perspective, think about this. They should have made the first year run 4 model selections, 4 color choices, and maybe 4 packages. Lean on the original ford concept of black, black, or black. Walk before you run. Deposits definitely should have been $1000. Such a large deposit allows for cash liquidity to ramp up to a much clearer demand take rate. The build process they have made is now so overly complicated that the constant string along is due to the complexities of sourcing and production.

I remember the last Acura I bought, tech or no tech, pick interior and exterior color. That was it. You can bury all the goodies in when you scale it into all models sold. They are trying to jump right into the jeep option game and decided to run before they walked. I'm sure after the Explorer launch and the heads that rolled there, everyone is running around in fear of losing their job if this goes south. Delays in COVID can be accepted, screwing another launch, no way.

So we've got a complicated new vehicle launch with likely over 400k build configurations, on the heels of a failed new vehicle launch and a ton of scared employees. Yep. Leadership.

stupidity.

so basically 2 fewer models not counting a very limited edition one? We have only 3 packages mid, high, lux. 2 engine choices and then a heavy offroad package. How is this in any way confusing or complicated? Are you bitching because the vehicle will launch with hundreds of accessories? How is any of this a bad thing? lol.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have made the first year run 4 model selections, 4 color choices, and maybe 4 packages. Lean on the original ford concept of black, black, or black. Walk before you run. Deposits definitely should have been $1000.
giphy.gif

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn’t a post so much about lack of B&P as much as it is about Fords seemingly “Do nothing, tell no one” strategy. The cats out of the bag for what the bronco has and what it seems to be capable of. My issue and I’m sure the dealers as well, is lack of transparency between HQ and the dealerships around the US.

its one of the most hyped cars trying to break into a market dominated by Jeep and no dealers appear to have any info at all. Meanwhile theres pamphlets showing how Jeep plans to go toe to toe with the bronco and seems Jeep dealers have strategies in place. Things like strategy and build and price and promotion showings should have been in the works since last year through the reveal this year. i know there’s a pandemic but there’s so many ways to promote this vehicle and it seems Ford isn’t pursuing any of them.
No, absolutely not, in fact I think they are doing a fantastic job!
But I do think Bronco deserves a better clientele! lol

Sponsored

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, Ford may have botched this. From a leadership, perspective, think about this. They should have made the first year run 4 model selections, 4 color choices, and maybe 4 packages. Lean on the original ford concept of black, black, or black. Walk before you run. Deposits definitely should have been $1000. Such a large deposit allows for cash liquidity to ramp up to a much clearer demand take rate. The build process they have made is now so overly complicated that the constant string along is due to the complexities of sourcing and production.

I remember the last Acura I bought, tech or no tech, pick interior and exterior color. That was it. You can bury all the goodies in when you scale it into all models sold. They are trying to jump right into the jeep option game and decided to run before they walked. I'm sure after the Explorer launch and the heads that rolled there, everyone is running around in fear of losing their job if this goes south. Delays in COVID can be accepted, screwing another launch, no way.

So we've got a complicated new vehicle launch with likely over 400k build configurations, on the heels of a failed new vehicle launch and a ton of scared employees. Yep. Leadership.
The reason for the multitudes of options and configurations is that price tag. If they can't make what they produce seem like it's worth the $50k that the average middle-class consumer has to pay for a vehicle, they would be seen as cheap, mass-produced, plastic toys.

In reality, this vehicle has more plastic than you really think, and you're still going to pay the $50k because it's so GOOD looking on the outside and the specific features that it offers that differentiate this and, let's say... a Jeep, or a TRD.

Yes, I know you can buy the $29K option with a few limited features. This is smart on Ford to open the base Bronco experience to more consumers.

$1000 deposit would be limiting, especially with such a long wait to see any feedback from Ford.
You'd see no benefit to pre-order it unless you were certain you'd be purchasing the vehicle anyway. $100, $300, and max $500 would be fine - which they did.

They did complicate their configuration process, but in the end the consumer gets what they want. A custom 4x4 with factory backed parts and warranty with all of the fancy Ford tech.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just constantly refreshing this forum waiting for Monday info. ??

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can ever remember a company releasing so much information about a vehicle ahead of its release and involving its customer base as much as ford has with this truck.

I've also never seen so many people complain about how little they seem to think they are listened to or consulted on a vehicle ahead of its release.

Probably cause they've never actually been before so its a catch 22 for Ford. They'er going to get it wrong no matter what it seems.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How the hell does any of what you posted confuse or require ANY analysis? Do you want a 4 cyl. or the v6? not hard. If you get v6 you only get auto but 4 cyl. can be either. Again, not hard. 2 door or 4 door, whats not to understand? People here have acted like they've never bought a damn car before or can't function as adults...lol, jesus.

The rest of the stuff steel bumpers, switches, and tops are all straight forward as well. How can anybody with more than a smooth brained double digit iq be confused? Am I giving people too much credit?

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems a great idea to build 150k vehicles to customer spec based on a $100 deposit.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The unofficial pricing is making me rethink a toy. Might just trade in my truck for a Raptor Instead of buying a Bronco And keeping my truck.
That's not a bad idea. Do that. :giggle:

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They aren't building anything based on a $100 deposit. They're building on deposits converted into orders.
With no additional commitment?

Lots of dealers are claiming no additional deposit necessary to build.

Easy to walk away from that 65k custom build if it just costs you 100 dollars.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With no additional commitment?

Lots of dealers are claiming no additional deposit necessary to build.

Easy to walk away from that 65k custom build if it just costs you 100 dollars.
Some dealers are requiring a deposit. This isn't any different than ordering another vehicle.

It'll also easy for dealers to sell a refused Bronco since they won't be able to get anything but reservations on their lots. Probably at a markup.
Sponsored