First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else starting to get a little worried about this? I’m not really a prepper etc but I’m probably going after work to buy some supplies.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'd be a lot better with some Lyme Disease.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Been watching it for a month now and damn, it spreads quickly. Not sure there's a lot to be done at the moment other than keep an eye on it, wash hands religiously, and make sure to have a month or two of supplies handy.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shit's fucked yo

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My university just went to all online till April 12th..... this virus better not effect my commissioning.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I hope this thing last to tick season, otherwise we'll haves some corona virus and lime disease. That'll go down easier.

(Yes, I know that it is lyme disease....its for a damn joke for Christ's sake,)

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone else starting to get a little worried about this? I’m not really a prepper etc but I’m probably going after work to buy some supplies.
Only got a bit extra of non perishable stuff I will use anyway, in case they do something stupid over the top
like quarantine my town or county (at which point there will be an unprecedented run on food, gas etc...)

I'm on well and a bit rural, so I already have stuff like multiple generators (one came with my camper and one I got for
free from my sister) and upwards of 200 gallons of gas between my boat, 32 gallon FSB tank, and all the cars
sitting around.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was going to reply this in the NYIAS thread but I’ll move it here since it got deleted:

I hate all politicians but I give credit where credit is due. Trump has mismanaged the shit out of this crisis. People saying “it only kills the elderly”! Are totally ignoring that elderly people dying en masse from a new infectious disease isn’t a small problem. If half the country gets this disease (which is looking increasingly likely) we are looking at possibly millions of deaths.

With stuff like this you’re better off preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. We did the exact opposite and now all the economic gains from the past 3 years have basically been wiped the fuck out. Dow Jones is only up 2600 points since Nov 2016.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to reply this in the NYIAS thread but I’ll move it here since it got deleted:

I hate all politicians but I give credit where credit is due. Trump has mismanaged the shit out of this crisis. People saying “it only kills the elderly”! Are totally ignoring that elderly people dying en masse from a new infectious disease isn’t a small problem. If half the country gets this disease (which is looking increasingly likely) we are looking at possibly millions of deaths.

With stuff like this you’re better off preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. We did the exact opposite and now all the economic gains from the past 3 years have basically been wiped the fuck out. Dow Jones is only up 2600 points since Nov 2016.
We can argue all day about how to better handle this but I don't think anything is or was going to stop these huge market drops. People panic, whether they should or not. Keep in mind the only losses you realize are the losses you sell. There are some great buy opportunities right now too. Don't sell the fear

Edit: Also keep in mind, whether it is a single asset or a whole index, the higher it goes the bigger the drops look as well. When you look at the charts it seems to make the past look falsely stable. A 50% drop is a 50% drop whether the DOW is at 15000 or 30000, but if you just look at a 5 or 10 year chart it makes the most recent drops look cataclysmic. Its not to say they aren't, but a growing asset will quickly hide a very volatile past, its good to keep that in perspective.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We can argue all day about how to better handle this but I don't think anything is or was going to stop these huge market drops. People panic, whether they should or not. Keep in mind the only losses you realize are the losses you sell. There are some great buy opportunities right now too. Don't sell the fear
The markets have been looking for an excuse to crash for a decade now. The nervous energy has been building since the last recovery. It was bound to be this or something else one of these days. That's my take, at least.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
And don’t get me wrong, I don’t think this is apocalyptic or anything. But trying to downplay it makes it seem way worse when shit goes south. Under promise over deliver is always my motto. And 3 weeks ago trump said we’d be heading to zero cases in the US lol.

My main concern is that two of our biggest stimuli for the economy (lowering taxes and fed rate) have already been done as much as possible... so if the economy goes to shit what are we going to do to get out of it?

Reese001

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BAJA, 2016 R1,
Not too worried, but then again I live within 100 miles of Seattle so we shall see.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And don’t get me wrong, I don’t think this is apocalyptic or anything. But trying to downplay it makes it seem way worse when shit goes south. Under promise over deliver is always my motto. And 3 weeks ago trump said we’d be heading to zero cases in the US lol.

My main concern is that two of our biggest stimuli for the economy (lowering taxes and fed rate) have already been done as much as possible... so if the economy goes to shit what are we going to do to get out of it?
I brought up this argument about 3 months ago to a few people.
Sponsored