Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bit the bullet the other day and picked up a Wrangler. Took the kids out in my wife's 2-door JK Wrangler a few times the past couple months, had a blast! Finally decided I wasn't going to wait 1.5 years+ for a Mansquatch.

I will say I held out for a low-miles JK Rubicon and got a 2013 in fantastic condition, did not get a newer JL for a few different reasons.

It is a compromise - no specific love for Jeep, but there's nothing else out there that has been as much fun as our Wrangler. Kids are getting older too quickly... Gotta get these off-road adventures in while the getting is good!

Might be back around in a year or two if Jeeps go sour for some reason, but in any case I figure it is better than sitting around.
Ya, well nothing quite like it except for a BRONCO! Makes no sense. This X plan had nothing to do with you buying a Jeep (this news just came out today). You simply decided you wanted the death wobble. That’s all.

I had a 2021 Rubicon On order, it’s been delivered and I cancelled it. Screw that shit. I’ve read so many threads about death wobble, the thing breaking down, not starting, people just fed up with Jeep, it’s dealers and the service. Forget man.

my reservation was placed July 14th, I should get a Bronco mid 2021. If not I’ll wait. I plan to sell my 2019 golf r cause well, it’s just too damn small, fun but small. If I need a car between whenever that’s sold and Bronco-time then I’ll buy a beater for 2-3k.

anyway, your choice, even though it’s not everyone’s — especially in this forum.

good luck, read up on the death wobble so you know what to do when it happens. And I’m not joking either
Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soon(?) B&P will be open and all will be well in the world until someone notices &$^#! package/option is $$$$.00. Don't quote me but XPlan will be available.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Levine1.JPG

Mike "Ford National Product Communication Manager" Levine lying to the public... (Of course he may not have known 100% for sure and might have just been assuming, which FYI is lying when your a product communication manager).
Maybe that was the truth at the moment. Leadership changed since that tweet

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly my point. He probably asked his GSM, "hey man this guys wants X-plan pricing, can we give it to him?" And the GSM said sure why not?

It's funny how so many people on here comment on how little the dealers actually know but then when the dealers say things they want to hear, it's gospel.
No it was the owner. I worked at Ford for 12 years so not naive to the practices. Thats why I asked for him to confirm with Ford. Could he lie, sure. Or maybe it was rolling the dice and hoping.
Ford is blowing this by not being more transparent.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wondering the same thing. If an individual cancels a reservation at a dealership and someone at said dealership changes the reservation to their name but then "refuses" delivery.....viola you have dealer stock. Look we have one of the very few 2021 Broncos that dealers actually have !!! Come buy it for $10k ADM.
At that point, there's no reservation to cancel, since it was already converted to an order. All the customer needs to do is refuse the vehicle and the dealer is free to do as they please.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe that was the truth at the moment. Leadership changed since that tweet
Which is why you do not publish this sort of stuff until you are 100% sure. It's a poor look, and possibly even fraudulent for Ford. The only thing that saves them is the car is technically not for sale yet. If it happened after the orders in December it would be 100% fraudulent. Not sure how the $100 reservation fee would constitute a sale contract, think only the order does.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I simply don't think the price is unreasonable and I also don't mind companies making some money they aren't building the thing for free. If they were charging 15k over MSRP, then I'd be complaining like some folks who are yelling about 2-3k.
The issue being that Ford told people they would accept the X-Plan thus placing the assumption of a car that was $1000-$2000 cheaper than what they are trying to sell now. If they had from the beginning said it was going to be MSRP for pre-orders and didnt budge there would be far less heartbreak over this.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A slash Z. A or Z. Their plans aren't a sliding scale. Just names.
In the same thread he specifically offered to help someone get an X-Plan to use on the Bronco.... A/Z is A/D/X/Z plans. AT least as of July 14th when this thread happened.:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] 1603148175059

Rpx2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little birdie told me Ford was hiring...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It changes things quite a bit. Most dealers honor X plan and that can be a savings of $1-2k depending on sticker. It also caps doc fees at $100. Some dealers charge very high doc fees. Dealers also can't add any extras that are not factory options or accessories.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the same thread he specifically offered to help someone get an X-Plan to use on the Bronco.... A/Z is A/D/X/Z plans. AT least as of July 14th when this thread happened.:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] 1603148175059
A/Z is A or Z. It's not including all the letters in between.

Also he offered to give one person on Twitter a X plan pin from his personal "friends" allotment shortly after the announcement. Hardly a contractual guarantee it would be eligible.
Sponsored